Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zenga View Post
    I was disenchanting my old gear when i realised that i should 've kept the resto set. Was down to 1 piece of resto gear left, had a token laying around that I used to get me a 2nd, and pretty sure if I was to go farm the other 2 pieces they'll fix it the next day. Can smash myself that I forgot about it when I was de'ing.
    Honestly I don't blame you. I didn't use it on the first boss because I was sure they would have fixed it, it just occured to me on Feng "Wait, I never saw any update too the Resto Bonus, I wonder...." tried it and it worked. Don't go out of your way to get a new 4p bonus I doubt it will stay for long to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    Honestly I don't blame you. I didn't use it on the first boss because I was sure they would have fixed it, it just occured to me on Feng "Wait, I never saw any update too the Resto Bonus, I wonder...." tried it and it worked. Don't go out of your way to get a new 4p bonus I doubt it will stay for long to be honest.
    While I was on the toilet (true story) I realized all in a sudden they introduced an item restoration on your bnet account a while ago. Took a look, a shiny list popped up with all the stuff I deleted lately, amd the resto gear is now up for a review by a rep to be restored. Pretty awesome feature.

Deleted
    While I was on the toilet (true story) I realized all in a sudden they introduced an item restoration on your bnet account a while ago. Took a look, a shiny list popped up with all the stuff I deleted lately, amd the resto gear is now up for a review by a rep to be restored. Pretty awesome feature.
    Gratz ^_^ Its a pretty big upgrade. I easily outburst my entire raid, including a Ret Paladin who has the DMC (god I want one, they are SO good).

10+ Year Old Account
    Gratz ^_^ Its a pretty big upgrade. I easily outburst my entire raid, including a Ret Paladin who has the DMC (god I want one, they are SO good).
    How can he own a dmc when the fair starts only tomorrow? The black market AH or something?

Deleted
    How can he own a dmc when the fair starts only tomorrow? The black market AH or something?
    I guess so. Theres another guy in my guild who already has the 2p bonus due to Sha. I'm pretty jelly tbh

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    With 4p t13 and DMC I'll own everyone in my guild ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    who has the DMC (god I want one, they are SO good).
    Gotta be prepared right? Ele, enhance and resto dmc deck ready to turn in when fair hits tomorrow night!

Back on topic, this thread is extremely useful. Due to our disc priest not being lvl 90 we'll only start raiding sunday night, and it's awesome to pick up bits and bites from other ele's.

Deleted
    First of all great threat. Keep up the good work people keep sharing info and tips. I'm allready looking forward for the other two raids and similar threads to them

For my experience;
    Stone guards: I used EB & EotE, glyphs I used FS, UL & TC.
    I really had a hard time hardcasting EB. Defenitly taking PE next time. Though a really nice fight for Ele I think. I did try to cast some CL but it burbs mana really fast on only 2 targets. I'm reconsidering testing the TS glyph over the TC.

Feng: I used EB & EotE, glyphs I used FS, HST & TC I think?
    Stand still and dps like crazy. UL glyph is a waste here. Did some fine offhealing with HTT during epicenter and such.

Gar,jal: I used EB & EotE, glyphs I used FS, UL & CL.
    Nice fight. I had to heal me and an other dps in te spiritworld due to healer screwing up with the voodoo debuff. I think CL lightning glyph is a waste.

In overall I'm enjoying the content as Ele. Good dps, a lot of utility and great offhealing.

Gara'jal

Glyphs : Unleashed Lightning, Flame Shock
    Talents : Primal Elementalist, Astral Shift, Ancestral Guidance

I was on spirit world cleaning duty hence the choice of PE over EB.
    You want to maximize your boss dps which means you'll only go to the spirit world once the buff fade (a bit less than 30 sec) and you'll get out ASAP unless there is a lot of spirit. Anyway you still have the time to kill a few of them every time so I decided not to glyph CL for that reason, you very rarely get to cleave more than 2/3 mobs.
    FET, Stormlash and ascendance on pull then during BL, you're not gonna have the time for more than 2 so wait for BL.
    Don't pick EB even if you're not on spirit world duty, you might need to replace someone with Voodoo Doll. (debatable)

Four Kings

Can't really say a lot since we 2 shotted it...
    Glyphs : FS, UL, CL
    Talents : AG, PE, AS

EB might be better if you have to kill the ghosts, not sure here, need to try it a bit more.
    CL is a must for mind control.
    UL is a must given how much movement there is in this fight.

Elegon

Didn't kill him yet but tried it 12 times already.
    Glyphs : UL, FS, CL
    Talents : AS, AG, EB

We decided to only have 2 dps switch on the add in phase 1 and I wasn't one of them so picking EB is a good choice.
    CL is mandatory for the end of p3 since you're gonna cleave more than 5 mobs.

Fight lasts 9:30 so you're only gonna have 2 FET, 2 Stormlash, and 3 Ascendance. FET, and Ascendance on pull with pot and banner, Stormlash when Ascendance fades. 2nd FET/STL during BL.
    Destack when casting LB or refreshing FS. Do NOT cast insta LvB when out of the plateform.
    4p t13 heal is very nice ofc.

Dealing with the orbs in phase 2 can be tricky, try to keep a fully charged ES to blast it. Any tips here would be appreciated !

AG is gold on this fight, I use it after the second add explodes, then when cleaving adds, and the during the burst phase when needed.

Guys, go get your DMC, it's BiS until the next tier and maybe beyond that (we'll have to see). Cards sell for 5-8k on my server but prices WILL skyrocket tomorrow.
    Last edited by Recom; 2012-10-06 at 12:52 PM.

I took PE for Feng like you unde, but found that the damage it was doing compared to the damage of another Elemental using Elemental Blast was almsot half as much. Swapped it out for EB, recommend you try it out! Also I didn't bother with Unleashed Lightning on this fight as you're standing still for the first 3 minutes (even more with luck during 2nd phase)...

Also, when people are taking the Primal Elementalist talent, are you doing anything else with it? Or simply letting it get on with doing its own thing? Because I noticed you can get it to channel you for 10% more damage, is it worth doing that for its duration or? Confusing!
    Last edited by Ardourdan; 2012-10-06 at 02:44 PM.

Deleted
    This is a great thread! Great idea Undefetter; definitely should be considered for Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    This is a great thread! Great idea Undefetter; definitely should be considered for Heart of Fear and Terrace of Endless Spring as well.
    Seems people liked this thread, so yeah, I'll be doing another for HC modes, will post my experiences of the other normal modes in this thread when I do them. It's good to share experiences because it means we can collectively create a best strategy for each boss, and someone might find some neat trick that will help everyone else, for example it seems many people didn't consider Telluric Currents on Stone Guards and I'd say its a very good choice for DPS improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if there are people running with am SBT / totemic restoration build, but a pretty nice way to half the cd of SBT is to destroy the totem as soon as it pops with the macro:

/run DestroyTotem(2);

It's off the gcd so you can spam it while casting, it will gives you the first bigger shield twice per minute this way, provided you don't really need the reminder of the shield.

Deleted
    Not sure if there are people running with am SBT / totemic restoration build, but a pretty nice way to half the cd of SBT is to destroy the totem as soon as it pops with the macro:

/run DestroyTotem(2);

It's off the gcd so you can spam it while casting, it will gives you the first bigger shield twice per minute this way, provided you don't really need the reminder of the shield.
    Nice tip. I personally prefer running Nature's Guardian in PvE because it supplies the health at a time its needed, rather than just in spikes on regular cooldowns. You could use SBT manually for more effectiveness than just popping it on CD when it might be wasted, but in that case your just saving it for when your in trouble which is when NG is a more substantial defence anyway. If there was some fight with consistant damage that your healers were struggling to keep up with though SBT would be the better choice, but in that situation I would likely take Call of the Elements instead because I think a full duration SBT would provide more support for your healer in that situation than regular interval SBTs.

For reference heres the numbers

Health Pool in ilevel 466 (my ilevel, just to make it easy) - 343,000

Nature's Guardian - 25% of your hp for 10 seconds, every 30 seconds. This gives 85.75k hp for 10 seconds every 30 seconds, at times when you need it. This is an effective health increase of 28.58k hp (85.75k but only up one third of the time - assuming procced on cooldown)

Stone Bulwark Totem - 40,500 plus 13,500 every 5 seconds for the next 25 seconds (at 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 seconds). Assuming your taking enough damage to fully use up every shield that is a total of 108,000 hp. So 108k hp every 1 minute, spread out over 30 seconds. This is an effective health increase of 54,000 hp (108k but only half of the time, assuming used on cooldown).

Stone Bulwark Totem with Totemic Restoration - 40,500 hp for 10 seconds every 30 seconds. This is flat out worse than Nature's Guardian number wise, but could be used no-matter what your hp is so could be used to absorb some big hit. However if you wanted to do that, unless it was a regular big hit (which I don't think exists in any content in t14 anyway) you would take Astral Shift.

So it comes down to SBT full duration VS Nature's Guardian. If you take Call of the Elements SBT will provide vastly more health in a burst, so for example if there was some very high damage sub 20% hp phase you could supply shields on yourself for the last minute of the fight by using a full SBT then immediately using another one. However, the SBT damage is very spread out and the NG health comes in one lump.

In general, if you get low enough to need to help your healer its because there is some other damage incoming shortly. If a healer doesn't have the ability to recover you within ~10-15 seconds you are most definitely going to die. Due to this, the later shield ticks of SBT are likely going to be largely wasted. As said before, its true it gives a better overall health supplement so in an Ultraxion style super-high-for-super-long AoE healing encounter SBT would be the one to go for, but in my opinion it seems that Nature's Guardian is the best option for 90% of encounters. Its just a better version of what you described here with SBT+Restoration without the need for two talents and complex macros.

Deleted
    Thanks guys. ^^
    Last edited by mmoc59b5827c7e; 2012-10-06 at 06:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find Nature's guardian incredibly strong, both in pvp and pve. A battlemaster trinket on a 30s cd basically. To me it's almost a nobrainder to take it on progress, even for convenience only. The sole reason why I'd consider sbt with the destroying macro would be if the fights demands it, and the healers run low on mana. Nature's guardian requires your healer to spend mana, whereas a shield will save mana. I'm thinking a crackle kinda ability on nefarian for instance. Obviously I have little idea if it will actually be practical with the current fights as I still have to experience them. But definitely, NG is the way forward for me under most cumstances.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Relic of Yu'lon
    Essence of Terror

These are BiS on normal and heroic.
    Relic of Yu'lon IS the Darkmoon Card.

I find Nature's guardian incredibly strong, both in pvp and pve. A battlemaster trinket on a 30s cd basically. To me it's almost a nobrainder to take it on progress, even for convenience only. The sole reason why I'd consider sbt with the destroying macro would be if the fights demands it, and the healers run low on mana. Nature's guardian requires your healer to spend mana, whereas a shield will save mana. I'm thinking a crackle kinda ability on nefarian for instance. Obviously I have little idea if it will actually be practical with the current fights as I still have to experience them. But definitely, NG is the way forward for me under most cumstances.
    If you wanted to do that, then you wouldn't want to destroy the Totem, you would save your healer more mana letting the totem use its full duration.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wanted to do that, then you wouldn't want to destroy the Totem, you would save your healer more mana letting the totem use its full duration.
    Not if you gonna get a dmg spike every 30-40s and apart from that take little to no aoe damage. Or: if you want to shield for a dmg spike that occurs more frequently than the SBT's cd. Again can't say if it will turn out to be practical or not this tier encounter wise. It's for sure a niche use.

Zenga, where were you able to look at all your DE'd items?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiktok View Post
    Zenga, where were you able to look at all your DE'd items?
    I didn't find the link on my bnet, but when I was logged in I just googled 'bnet item restoration', an faq popped up and then made a ticket. When you make a ticket there is a box to type a question, and typed 'item restoration' amd got to the correct page. Either way it wasn't very obvious to me to find it. Submitted the ticket friday, now sunday night and still no reply. I guess it's 2 business days.