Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Sorry, bro, I don't remember a time when rogues were terrible. I remember times when people didn't know how to play them so they thought they were terrible.
    Good old excuse. I guess that's the issue now, no? I guess that all those top rogues leaving the class are unskilled and I guess that Vanguards and Reckful streams at high 3v3 not showing a single rogue means that suddenly all rogues have forgot how to play.

ppl tend to say rogues are fine because they dont play rogue and dont have a clue what is going on i play my rogue since BC and its a pain every start of an expasion no crit no haste we didnt even have mastery back then. and since our main resource scales with haste its just a single energy starvation fest i have to litteraly wait 4-5 seconds between every CP builder even on combat combat energy regen is 12 a sec at best mutilate is at around 10 a sc at best thats just frustrating
    Last edited by Koji2k11; 2012-10-06 at 02:01 PM.
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Rogues are in a tough shape... If they would do anything at all, Id ask them to make shadow step just part of being a rogue... similar to a mages blink.

As far as raiding goes. I def hate how long it takes to regen enough energy and im at 14 energy a sec...

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    They did but they...disagreed. Now they have to make up for what they could have done in beta.

Who knows, maybe their internal numbers are showing that there's a very small amount of rogue 90s being active nowadays.
    We are not completely privy to such data, so it is entirely possible this is what they are observing. In some aspects Blizz is proactive, and unfortunately, in some other aspects they are reactive. Lets hope that they take some of the positive feedback into consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    ppl tend to say rogues are fine because they dont play rogue and dont have a clue what is going on i play my rogue since BC and its a pain every start of an expasion no crit no haste we didnt even have mastery back then. and since our main resource scales with haste its just a single energy starvation fest i have to litteraly wait 4-5 seconds between every CP builder even on combat combat energy regen is 12 a sec at best mutilate is at around 10 a sc at best thats just frustrating
    give me a break, your class is not alone out there...
    welcome to being on your first day at lvl 90, you think you gona be fast enough like you used too at the last day of 85?
    you think you gona crit like crazy like the last day of lvl 85?

moonkins and shamans would like to join you, with 2 and 3 seconds CD on the very basic filler attack cause the gear sux so bad with not nearly enough haste or spirit.
    just try to join a HC as a moonkin, all the mobs will be dead by the time you will reach your full eclips.

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    welcome to being on your first day at lvl 90, you think you gona be fast enough like you used too at the last day of 85?

moonkins and shamans would like to join you, with 2 and 3 seconds CD on the very basic filler attack cause the gear sux so bad with not nearly enough haste or spirit.
    just try to join a HC as a moonkin, all the mobs will be dead by the time you will reach your full eclips.
    i know it but your main resorce is still mana and not your eclips and since you have large mana pools you are able to do damage our resource is tied to haste if we had a base energy regeneration of like 15-20 energy a sec i wouldnt have a problem but im so energy starved i can't do anything but wait to pool energy to use a CP builder thats the point

lets not start comparing oranges to apples
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Similar to what folks in here said, several of my in-game friends that played Rogue in WotLK/Cata are now 100% sworn Monks - their explanation is that Rogues play/look like a ~6 year old turd compared to the "new and shiny" Monks.

I always liked the sneaky and tough-to-play Rogues, even though i was not good with em, but right now i really do not see any point in playing a PvE Rogue when you can go Monk that has a more interesting DPS spec + Tank + Heal capabilities - and they even have good animations to boot...

Monks do fulfill the traditional rogue archtype being mobile, having utility, and packing quick, powerful attacks. The Rogue's in WoW play more like a Bard but lacking debuffs/buffs.

Anyways, I think that this will take time to remedy, but this is one of the situations where I wished Blizz was more proactive before the expansion launched. Now, they are bogged down with multiple current, and future issues they need to worry about and the Rogue class concerns may not be addressed till late in the expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post

According to Simulationcraft, the waiting time for balance druids and elemental shamans is 0% with 42-44 APM. The waiting time for rogue specs is 35-45%.

See the difference?

the bar showing wait time in assassination is so high that it almost covers the entire % number of the picture

Deleted
    I would love for us to be balanced around a fixed amount of energy regeneration and no longer have energy regeneration increased by haste. Would solve this issue completely and permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by Incineration View Post
    I would love for us to be balanced around a fixed amount of energy regeneration and no longer have energy regeneration increased by haste. Would solve this issue completely and permanently.
    or break the class completely
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    or break the class completely
    The keyword was "BALANCE" in case you missed it.

10+ Year Old Account

5.1 live patch notes:

"Rogue Energy regeneration no longer scales with haste. For good measure, the energy return component of Venemous Wounds, Relentless Strikes, Combat Potency and Energetic Recovery have been removed."

"There are no other changes at this time."
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    5.1 live patch notes:

"Rogue Energy regeneration no longer scales with haste. For good measure, the energy return component of Venemous Wounds, Relentless Strikes, Combat Potency and Energetic Recovery have been removed."

"There are no other changes at this time."
    Wait. Where do you see this?.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enhshamanlol View Post
    Wait. Where do you see this?.
    Sorry, should have appended my [ s] [ /s] tags.

I was speaking in hypotheticals. "Oh, if they change Energy to be a completely static generated resource, they probably wouldn't change anything else."

Deleted
    Sorry, should have appended my [ s] [ /s] tags.

I was speaking in hypotheticals. "Oh, if they change Energy to be a completely static generated resource, they probably wouldn't change anything else."
    I don't quite see how that's relevant to my post. What does "balance" mean to you people? By all means, let them remove Energetic Recovery, Combat Potency, and Venomous Wounds. If we're balanced around NOT having those, in a system we're energy recovery is constant and doesn't fluctuate, then what's the damn problem...!? We'd always have EXACTLY the right amount of energy we'd need.

You guys have had your time in the sun to long

Enjoy the darkness for a while

its well deserved

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't quite see how that's relevant to my post. What does "balance" mean to you people? By all means, let them remove Energetic Recovery, Combat Potency, and Venomous Wounds. If we're balanced around NOT having those, in a system we're energy recovery is constant and doesn't fluctuate, then what's the damn problem...!? We'd always have EXACTLY the right amount of energy we'd need.
    It was a joke?

Given the history Blizzard has had with Rogue changes, especially this past Expansion, I was basically joking that "Blizzard would do a half-assed job and not bother to properly tune Rogues"

I dunno if I should just attach a giant "woosh" to this post, or if it was just really poorly worded or something...

Tons of warrior, mage, warlock, priest, etc all classes gotten updates at almost every update in the PTR and MoP beta.
    Except rogues.
    OF COURSE rogues are going to be frustrated when the class is barely updated along with the other classes.

Wasn't there a post stating there wasn't any CM which played a rogue?
    Warriors, druids, etc all classes except rogues were highly presented.

It was a joke?

Given the history Blizzard has had with Rogue changes, especially this past Expansion, I was basically joking that "Blizzard would do a half-assed job and not bother to properly tune Rogues"

I dunno if I should just attach a giant "woosh" to this post, or if it was just really poorly worded or something...
    For what it's worth, I "got the pun".
    Last edited by bbr; 2012-10-06 at 09:15 PM.