Poll: Do you think this is the right score?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Metacritic is 4.3 out of 10. That's the right score.
    I bet you singed up just to give it a 1. The truth is a score out of ten is pointless, it's the actual experience is what matters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    ~Shakes head~ I don't think you understood my post =)
    There is nothing special about your post to understand. You try to undermine the value of metacritic by stating only trolls post there. In case of MoP there have been as many hate reviews as the fanboi ones so in the end it gives a fair score. I don't know why you think it's a garbage site, I actually find it matching my prefernces perfectly so for me it's not 99% garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    ...You guys do KNOW that's a good score right? Or are you all so jaded by the legendary '9-10' or gtfo curse?

...Good grief.

Not that I take numbers as a the key note point of why I should buy a game (complex opinions are far more better read) but wow. Just WoW, half are bashing trolls and the others are butt hurt fans.

OI! Start demonstrating some damn perspective.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2012-10-06 at 10:38 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    ...You guys do KNOW that's a good score right? Or are you all so jaded by the legendary '9-10' or gtfo curse?

...Good grief.
    With IGN 8/9 is the normal and nothing surprising. You can really predict scores now. Black Ops 2 will get a 9.5.. Just watch.

Deleted
    I love websites that show how the writers rate it as well as how the readers/players rate it, and you see stuff like 8-9/10 from the writers and 6-7/10 from the readers. Showing that either the readers have no fucking taste OR the writers were...motivated to inflate the score.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    With IGN 8/9 is the normal and nothing surprising. You can really predict scores now. Black Ops 2 will get a 9.5.. Just watch.
    Again I need to clarify I don't really play the numbers game, one of my greatest games of all time got a some pretty shit scores everywhere on the internet so I guess I just like what I like. And IGN have FPS fans as a majority on their staff, no surprises there really, just gotta read the entire thing and root out the bias.

Most of the reviews were positive. And an 8.7 is nothing to sneeze at for a champion MMO in it's 8th year.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Ign fails. Enough said.
    Their scores are so messed up.

Edit: anyone remember how they made a huge article defending EA after it got voted "worst company in america", blaming gamers and stuff? Yup, THAT'S ign.

Really? I would defend EA too in that case.
    We are talking about EA versus pretty inhumane treatment from bank(cant remember which one, bank of america?), who EA was against.

Please tell me what has EA ever done to consumers to deserve that versus stuff like banks?
    DLC, swtor and now Mass effect 3 ending makes one publisher THE worst company in america compared to EVERY company, how?

But offtopic is offtopic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/...andaria-review
    Do you agree?
    I personally think it deserves a 9, but what is 30% of a point.
    Yeah it's a 9 for me (maybe even 9.5 but it's my enthusiasm ) so a slight bit too low but pretty much spot on.

Edit: that said these notes don't mean much. After all IGN gave a 9 to Cataclysm
    Last edited by mmoce6d6578c3b; 2012-10-06 at 11:20 PM.

Deleted
    for so far i played this expansion i agree with the rate.
    though since we only had MoP for 2 weeks i cant say it will keep that rate, might go up or down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    I love websites that show how the writers rate it as well as how the readers/players rate it, and you see stuff like 8-9/10 from the writers and 6-7/10 from the readers. Showing that either the readers have no fucking taste OR the writers were...motivated to inflate the score.
    Yeah, yeah a user score of 6.7 with 64 voters.
    Now that's a really meaningful sample.
    (for the record previous xpacs are rated by more than 1000 users).
    But bring on the conspiracy theories

it's about right but lol@ anyone who takes IGN seriously anymore

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaga View Post
    Reader reviews are HORRIBLE.

The writers actually take the time to play the game. If you look at 99% of the metacritic reviews for any game that is regarded in a negative light by some, it'll have horrible scores simply because it has many haters. Games like CoD, WoW, ME3, etc, are all examples of games with shitty scores because they are so popular. On top of this, when a reader "rates" something, they very rarely give a reasonable score. It is either 0 if they thought the game sucked (or haven't played it, but hate on it anyways) or a 10 if they thought the game was good.

Consider we have patch 5.1 soon, and personally I feel that even now it's too early to begin rating an entire expansion. I think MoP is a lot better than Cata already though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite honestly, I don't care what a reviewer says about a game or how they score it. What matters if I personally enjoyed the game, not what a critic gave it.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

IGN gave MOP a high score because it doesn't want legions of die hard wow fans screaming at them for giving it a low score.

Deleted
    I take IGN's criticism with a huge grain of salt, to be honest. Because fuck all opinions but my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gober View Post
    IGN gave MOP a high score because it doesn't want legions of die hard wow fans screaming at them for giving it a low score.
    Or because they enjoy the game unlike you do.

Your avatar just kinda screams it.

Your opinion isn't the world..of warcraft's opinion.

cwutididthurr?
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gober View Post
    You know, when you troll, you're supposed to be subtle. This means you shouldn't make an avatar that basically screams "I'm a troll, guys!". Try again, kiddo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawl View Post
    Game review sites are such jokes I don't see why people care about them
    I don't care about the numbers, but some reviews specifically cite specific concerns, and those are occasionally of use to me.