Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Because you can't play supremely awesome games like Soul Caliber 2, Final Fantasy 9-10, Grandia 2, without a console.

Sorry, I'm stuck in the early 2000's. /insert kick-ass console only games in place of older ones
    Grandia 2 (beat the Dreamcast version in early 2001) was not awesome, sorry. Its absolutely nothing compared to the first one. Hell, Thousand Arms (dating sim PSX RPG I wasplaying at the same time) was a million times better than it IMO.

Hell, Game Arts Lunar remakes were waaaaaaay better than that turd.

Sorry, ranting!

That said, the music was great and that's it.

Consoles are great for when friends come over, they can be used for DVDs/BluRay (PS3). They give an alternative to sitting at the PC.
    Personally, I own an XBOX360, and I haven't played it in almost a year.. but it's there..

Quote Originally Posted by Kreek View Post
    Actually, consoles aren't THAT much less than a PC. I'm going to base this off of a new console coming out, let's say the Xbox 720/Infinity/etc. A new console would be around 400 bucks. This along with the fact that most people play consoles on actual televisions, will be about another 200-300+ bucks depending on the size and resolution. This alone wouldn't be that much less than a gaming PC.
    I heard that when you play a computer game you play it on actual computer monitors. Oh and btw I play some of my computer games on my tv with a game controller.. soo...

You can go out and grab a 360 for $200 now for the sake of playing a few games that will never make their way over to the pc. With any luck it I'm thinking there might be a chance at another price drop around wii u release.

Madden.

..And that's about it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a PS3.
    I got one because of the games, Blueray, specs.
    It's being kept till atleast 2015 as announced by Sony.

Kinect *360* and Move *PS3* are both trash, anyone who says one is better than the other is an idiot and has no merit.

I got one because I prefer to play FPS and some games on a console rather than a PC.
    They are cheaper to manage, and you don't have to update them to keep stuff looking good.

I had a PS1 and 2 before a PS3, that's why I got it over a 360.
    360 requires multiple discs for one game, which is a joke. I personally dislike the controller, and their exclusives aren't that great (In my opinion).
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I have both the 360 and the PS3 and they are the last 2 consoles I will ever buy. I hardly play either anymore and would just prefer to buy the PC version sure I will miss exclusive titles but it's just not worth it to me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    360 requires multiple discs for one game, which is a joke..

lol uhhh no

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreek View Post
    Actually, consoles aren't THAT much less than a PC. I'm going to base this off of a new console coming out, let's say the Xbox 720/Infinity/etc. A new console would be around 400 bucks. This along with the fact that most people play consoles on actual televisions, will be about another 200-300+ bucks depending on the size and resolution. This alone wouldn't be that much less than a gaming PC. Then you have to account for the 8 bucks a month for Xbox Live. Most people buy the 50 dollar card that gives you gold status for a year. This makes the cost around 650 now. Finally, let's say you buy 10 games this year for the Xbox.

60 * 10 = 600
    compared to
    50 * 10 = 100

Which would bring the cost to around 750 bucks, which is enough to build a decent PC. Also take into account that most people have a small laptop (200ish bucks) at the least, for their web surfing and such. If you built a PC, then you wouldn't need that extra laptop as well.
    Sure, but prices drop over time. A PS3 or XBox 360 is like $200 or $250 now. No one would buy a TV to go with it - it's incredibly likely people who would consider a console have an HDTV. XBox LIve is a point but only if you go XBox. So, really, your estimate is way off. I bought a PS3 for $300 a year ago with a game included that I'd have gotten anyway.That was it. Sure, games cost money, but they do on the PC too and about the same money for the same titles. So game outlay is a wash.

So, $300 for a console that I can easily play in my media room when I'm kicked back on the sofa. Or...

$600+ for a good gaming PC that I'll end up using at my desk.

Depends how you game, but consoles are an inexpensive entree into games. Also, personally, I sit at my desk for work. I don'pt really want to sit at a desk to game.

Deleted
    Console only releases and personal preference in handheld controls...while I'l take pc over console any day myself I don't find it hard to understand why one would think otherwise.

However when I come across an idiot who think he can bash pc gamers I can think of countless of arguments why pc is better...but those facts only count when you take away personal opinion. Let people play what they want, I won't leave my sleep over it.

Deleted
    I can't think of anything other than maybe some exclusive games you might enjoy, or the specific controller such as the Wii U Pad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiShun View Post
    lol uhhh no
    lol uuuh yes?
    FF-13 and Mass Effect's 2 & 3 are 2 that easily come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Because you can't play supremely awesome games like Soul Caliber 2, Final Fantasy 9-10, Grandia 2, without a console.

Sorry, I'm stuck in the early 2000's. /insert kick-ass console only games in place of older ones
    Emulators...! Emulators at this point only seem to be a generation behind.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 03:07 AM ----------

lol uhhh no
    La Noire. FF13. Lost Odyssey. Blue Dragon. 90% sure about Rage.

---------- Post added 2012-10-07 at 03:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hoveringjester View Post
    Yes but any game released for a console ever will work on that said console. But with a PC if in a few years you want to play a new game just released you may have to upgrade something in you PC to run it. Years after purchasing a console it will still run any new game released for that console.
    That's a pretty bad stereotype. Until this generation consoles and PCs have had about the same life span. Now with the 360/Wii lasting too long as current gen consoles, they have pulled ahead, but they're starting to look dated.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Zechs00 View Post
    They have good games.
    So does the PC. So why should he buy a console over a PC or something?

@OP I cant think of a reason. PS4 / Xbox720 are supposedly being announced next year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Because of console exclusive games. I hate when games are exclusive to X or Y.
    This is pretty much the number one reason to get a console. PC is almost always better but exclusives can make for a sad situation. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    lol uuuh yes?
    FF-13 and Mass Effect's 2 & 3 are 2 that easily come to mind.
    developer's problem, not the console's.

Except it is the Console's problem, because the PS3 uses Blu-Ray discs which allow for greater data storage than the DVD offered by the Xbox 360. That's not Microsoft's FAULT of course (Blu-Ray didn't exist when the 360 came out), but it is a legitimate down side to the Xbox 360 and benefit to the PS3.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's personal preference. I play both PC and my Xbox 360. My friends play console, so therefor I play console to play with them. Also console exclusives and the amount of money you save not having to upgrade hardware all the time. People say that Xboxes break all the time, but I've had the same one for 4 years with minimal issues.

Some games are just plain better on consoles. And some are just plain better on PC.

It's the games you want to play on that. Problem is, though, that consoles have maybe 3-4 remotely playable games for last 2-3 years. Up to you to decide if it justifies the cost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biggest reason for me at least is the exclusives.

As for which one you want, I say look at each console exclusives that interests you the most.
    Gunslinger's post put them out in a nice list I suppose you can say.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post18665754

Just assuming you don't have a very awesome computer of awesomeness, whatever that is.
    A console generally costs less than a computer (even if you build it yourself). Take an ivy bridge i5, mid range game graphics card, in itself already costs $400+. This is without the motherboard, case, psu, memory, etc. (Obviously you can go lower spec). Point being is that computers, though they can do a vast arrange of stuff, will always come in more expensive.

Also make sure you actually like to play with a controller, :P
    It has more to do with the data capacity a disk can hold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Ehm, what? Since when does LAN only work for consoles?
    Just to point out, PC lan nowadays requires two (or more depending on the number of people) party to purchase the game now.

Deleted
    I have a PS3 and a 360 but to be honest, only 2 games have been released in the last year or so that I wasn't happy with the PC-port for (and I still bought them both on the PC). I use the PS3 as a blu-ray player and the 360 as an expensive paperweight right now. The only advantages I could see for me is if the PC version of the game is soooo bad it's unplayable (it does happen), exclusives (none of which have convinced me lately) or you want to play with friends on console games who don't play PC.