Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Shouldn't archaeology be account bound?

They added heirloom levelling in fishing and it can at least be done when watching tv or doing something else online, and cooking has power levelling but what about archaeology? I think it's a feature that belongs where pet battles are.

We all know pet battles would not be account bound if they were released before MoP so archaeology not being account bound seems very disconnected. It's one of those "side games" areas of the game that really doesn't belong in re-levelling on new mains.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with this.
    "The Tol'vir people must be really shy considering they don't ever speak to us.." -Zneebor LOL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fateswarm View Post
    re-levelling on new mains.
    What does archaeology have to do with new mains?

Why not all secondary professions?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Cooking has power levelling now which is awesome and fishing while not great to use around 1k to get a couple of tiers of levelling, it has that route and levelling itself can be done while doing something else; archaeology needs more attention to grind it. It's fine if it's done once, not on more than one characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    What does archaeology have to do with new mains?
    Probably nothing, because he said "It's one of those "side games" areas of the game that really doesn't belong in re-levelling on new mains."

I agree. If you had capped arch on a different character but you no longer want to play that character or it was on another server, switching over from your new main to that old character JUST to do archaeology feels empty, so we are convincing ourselves to level Archaeology again on another character.. It makes you feel incomplete otherwise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Though to be honest, yeah. Since cooking has achievements beyond just making food, it might have to be the same along with fishing.

I have 2 proffessors... It was painful...

But on the bright side, I get to tease the people who never got the troll 2 hander by telling them how I have two of them =P it's something anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

ummm YESSSSS

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiki420 View Post
    I agree with this.
    Agreed, Made me really mad that my warlock didn't have my rogue's progression =/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treecko View Post
    It makes you feel incomplete otherwise.
    Underlined the issue. That's not a fault with it not being account-wide, that's a player problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Underlined the issue. That's not a fault with it not being account-wide, that's a player problem.
    I don't know about him but I have no psychological problems. I want archaeology to progress in the game and changing mains is very punishing. It's not Vanilla anymore where levelling any profession was easy peasy and nobody actually had alts apart form 1-2%.

It's not Vanilla anymore where levelling any profession was easy peasy
    Can I have some of that crack you're smoking?

I leveled mining/skinning on wow launch which made a ton of money (relatively speaking) and got my epic mount before "casuals" hit 60. (though that stupid meme didn't exist yet)

Then I went blacksmith + enchanting so the guild could conserve molten core materials as thorium brotherhood rep was a b*tch. (MC was the only raid at the time, we even got some tier 2 for awhile)

You really have no idea how much time and effort it took back then. Oh and 1-300 fishing...LOL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, technically you can lvl arch while watching tv as well. I know this because it took me 4 seasons of The Office and 3 seasons of How I Met Your Mother to get my Professor title.

Yeah, I measure my WoW time in tv series. The Insane title? = 5 seasons of Dexter, 3 seasons of Doctor Who and 5 seasons of Supernatural. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Well, technically you can lvl arch while watching tv as well. I know this because it took me 4 seasons of The Office and 3 seasons of How I Met Your Mother to get my Professor title.

Yeah, I measure my WoW time in tv series. The Insane title? = 5 seasons of Dexter, 3 seasons of Doctor Who and 5 seasons of Supernatural. ;D

lol u ma dude

They added heirloom levelling in fishing and it can at least be done when watching tv or doing something else online, and cooking has power levelling but what about archaeology? I think it's a feature that belongs where pet battles are.

We all know pet battles would not be account bound if they were released before MoP so archaeology not being account bound seems very disconnected. It's one of those "side games" areas of the game that really doesn't belong in re-levelling on new mains.
    Seeing as the achievements for it are account wide, as are the vanity items rewarded from it... why do you need to have it maxed on all characters, exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Liara View Post
    Seeing as the achievements for it are account wide, as are the vanity items rewarded from it... why do you need to have it maxed on all characters, exactly?
    You can not use it in Pandaria. It has to be levelled .. very slowly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think most secondary professions need to be account-wide, but there is the trouble of archaeology where some people want the fun items (or weapons they can use two of) on multiple toons. The only way to do that now is to relevel it on another character.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

You can not use it in Pandaria. It has to be levelled .. very slowly.
    Then level it with whatever character has it at the appropriate skill level.

Deleted
    the only reason I never leveled archaelogy before was because I character hop, ALOT.

I really didnt want to dedicate all the time on one character only to drop him months later and pick up another character. Yes, I know thats mostly my own problem, but making it account bound would certainly make me want to pick the proffesion up.