Pricing harmonies

How much do you charge per harmony if someone asks you to craft a item that requires it?

The most expensive thing you can buy with them is 3 Golden Lotus. I'd set my price accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    The most expensive thing you can buy with them is 3 Golden Lotus. I'd set my price accordingly.
    QFT. They take forever to farm, so may as well charge accordingly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    Not really I got over 10 just leveling, And plus when you get revered with the Tillers you can get 12 each day by planting the Songbell Seed.
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

Quote Originally Posted by Sygil View Post
    How is he trolling? On my realm 3 golden lotus go for around 800-1000 gold (very high pop server, so this is probably lower than other servers)

If this is the case charging 800 per is actually, in my opinion, on the high end. Of course this depends on what you're using them for. Alchemists shouldn't even bother with their extra living steel transmute if they have 3 SoH because Living steel is going for 1200, instead they should buy 9 Golden Lotus and sell them.

If you're a BS and are crafting something that requires 8 SoH and 8 LS and someone is giving you the living steel...well epic chests are going for 25k on my server, living steel for 1200. 1200 x 8 = 9600. In this case charging 800-1000 per is reasonable because that leaves the person paying 6400-8000 for SoH on top of their 9600 for LS for a much, much cheaper overall price

of course I'd go ahead and craft the item and put it on the AH, but that's me.

Basically it will vary upon how much gold you have, going prices of Golden Lotus (which seem to be the best cost guide for SoH) and How fast you want gold vs how much risk your willing to take.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    Not really I got over 10 just leveling, And plus when you get revered with the Tillers you can get 12 each day by planting the Songbell Seed.
    You get 12 MOTES not spirits, so 1.2 spirits.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    How is he trolling? On my realm 3 golden lotus go for around 800-1000 gold (very high pop server, so this is probably lower than other servers)
    QFT = Quoted for Truth. No one ever said he was trolling.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz64 View Post
    I always thought that stood for Quit Fucking Talking... I'm such a bitch.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcaz64 View Post
    Read Quit effing trolling.

Ok, gotcha :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kromtar View Post
    You get 12 MOTES not spirits, so 1.2 spirits.
    12 spirits from leveling isn't impossible, i got 10.4 spirits(104 motes)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomgpally View Post
    12 spirits from leveling isn't impossible, i got 10.4 spirits(104 motes)
    The person above said he got 12 spirits per day from tillers, so Kromtar was correcting that you get 12 motes from tillers, not spirits.

I price harmonies by how much the epic is going to sell for. 6 harmonies gets me a pair of epic gloves that sell for 30-35k, each harmony is easily worth 5-7k. Sure, there's the price of the leather, but that's really not hard to farm if you just camp golden lotus dailies and skin mobs other people kill all day.

If someone wanted me to craft gloves and provide my harmonies, even if they had the magnificent hides, I'd still charge them 20-25k or more. Anything less and you're losing a lot of money - if you are willing to craft for less, then I will gladly dump you my magnificent hides and pay 10k for the epic so I can resell it for 30k on the AH.

Of course, it will vary by server.

They need to be valued quite a bit higher than the cost of trading them in for Golden Lotus. That is the lowest common denominator, and does not take into account the time spent levelling the profession, levelling reputation (for several patterns) and the time it takes to farm the things. Unless you are making things for guildees or something, you need to look to get more than the replacement value of the things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graph View Post
    First off the songbell seed harvests out to 1 mote of harmony not a Spirit...it takes 10 motes to make 1 full Spirit of harmony....your also forgetting you need to also keep growing vegs for your 300 buff personal buff food if your going to raid...unless you got alts are growing stuff for your main raider....