Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    once again, there are no hackers who have ever served prison time who did it for fun, it was for monetary gain. when you grow up you'll realize that if there isn't money to be made or lost, people just don't give a shit
    By your logic, I can jump the fence at Disneyland, go on a few rides, then leave. If I have fun Disney won't mind.

It's hard to prosecute hackers because they are often outside the US, in countries that don't have anti-hacking laws or countries that won't extradite offenders.

Off topic slightly but I never knew there were programs still out there that allowed things such as teleporting. Saw this in one of the mass kill videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    I came across a rare spawn surrounded by trash. I cleared the trash and was preparing to engage when it was "tagged" and began combat with...someone. I saw Hunter debuffs on it and watched as it spun and swung like in combat. The odd thing is that there was no other player anywhere near me. I never saw a pet, never saw another player, never saw anyone loot the body.
    That would be phasing, most areas in pandaland are phased, especially vale of eternal blossoms, I saw that yesterday where an invisible warrior was attacking the cricket man there, common sense m r hard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow. Both times a cool exploit happens (this and DKs killing everyone), I have no idea about it, and by the time I learn about it... it's already been fixed. Dammit.

looks like the hacker has to be within a certain range to kill someone, won't be long before they are able to work out a way to extend that range. It'll be like log in - world dead - wait for them to respawn - grief some more - next server...

its a little funny now but unless blizzard fix this a lot of people will be pissed off. This totally reminds me of the southpark esp. "my kids are on that server!" "they are already dead"
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

i have a question. Could you use this hack to get a world first?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    looks like the hacker has to be within a certain range to kill someone, won't be long before they are able to work out a way to extend that range. It'll be like log in - world dead - wait for them to respawn - grief some more - next server...

its a little funny now but unless blizzard fix this a lot of people will be pissed off. This totally reminds me of the southpark esp. "my kids are on that server!" "they are already dead"

*points at front page* Its already fixed.. and extending the range wouldnt have been possible.

Deleted
    so, its pretty easy to find out how to do this. i dont think it will be fixed for long considering the method used to do this.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 12:03 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Wow. Both times a cool exploit happens (this and DKs killing everyone), I have no idea about it, and by the time I learn about it... it's already been fixed. Dammit.

hahaha, same here. i miss all the cool events. also, as usual my sever is totally unaffected by this. people on this server are boring :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post

As you wrote this this was already fixed

Rogue GM is a possibility. Some of them are fucking tools who know less about the game than semi decent players.
    Fly fast, stay low, hit hard.
    You'd think the 8th Anniversary was the Cheese Anniversary to go with all the whine.
    - madethisfor1post

Ravenholdt EU - Nice Toons: Frazzlebeard, Menardis, Plight - Less So: Slîght

Deleted

caerful with that video, it quite clearly shows how the hack was done.
    it may have been fixed now, but it was done using a 3rd party client, so it probably wont take that long to find a new way of doing it. the tool used to do this has been around a long time and used for a long time, but this is the first time ive heard/seen it used like this.reading from another forum, they were using it to farm baradin hold because the bosses dropped a lot of gold, and one of them got banned earlier today, so they realised blizzard caught on and went on a bit of a rampage before they all got banned. unverified source though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    As you wrote this this was already fixed
    this has to be one of the fastest response times I've ever seen from blizzard.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by parish View Post
    thats crazy, probably some wierd bugg going on, or bored GM's but i doubt it ^^

All things considered, I still think this is pretty awesome. xD