Question about Tillers farm and plump crops (Jogu's predictions)

So you can ask Jogu the Drunk for a forecast on what crops will have better yields tomorrow, and if you plant that crop they can grow into a "Plump crop" instead of a "ripe crop". Plump Crops contain a random rare gift for one of the farm friends.

But do you always only get one plump crop (one gift) per day, no matter how many you plant, or can you get more than one?

I guess I'm asking if I'm planting Jogu's crop soley for the gift, should I only plant one of them or as many as I can?
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-10-07 at 11:25 PM.

Jogu hasnt been right for me once and I have him at good friend reputation.

Deleted
    I got the achievement for listening to his advice without talking to him once. Based on Sandrox's experience and mine I think you're better off just growing what you need and ignoring the pickled pike entirely.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    Jogu hasnt been right for me once and I have him at good friend reputation.
    would you take the predictions of a drunk seriously?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

So.... does anyone actually have an answer to my question?

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    So you can ask Jogu the Drunk for a forecast on what crops will have better yields tomorrow, and if you plant that crop they can grow into a "Plump crop" instead of a "ripe crop". Plump Crops contain a random rare gift for one of the farm friends.

But do you always only get one plump crop (one gift) per day, no matter how many you plant, or can you get more than one?

I guess I'm asking if I'm planting Jogu's crop soley for the gift, should I only plant one of them or as many as I can?
    As I understand it, you always have a small chance to plant/grow a plump crop. Jogu's advice is supposed to yield 2 extra veggies per crop. There is always a small chance to get a rare gift, extra seeds, or the turnip pet when you harvest... whether or not you took Jogu's advice.
    Last edited by Taygete; 2012-10-07 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiela View Post
    I got the achievement for listening to his advice without talking to him once. Based on Sandrox's experience and mine I think you're better off just growing what you need and ignoring the pickled pike entirely.
    The achievement is currently bugged and counting for any time you harvest the crops on the list instead of when they are "plump".
    That said, the drunkard's been wrong every time and I'm done wasting good money on him.

If it helps any, I got a marsh lilly today and I'm 90% certain it was a regular crop (or at least 100%, I didn't ask him about which would be plump).
    Last edited by Nalnik; 2012-10-07 at 11:34 PM.
    -----+-- [Thaddius] ++++++++

Just because you are unique, does not mean you are right.
    Ðoser of Illidan

I feel like I've never gotten more than one plump crop per day. I haven't been paying super close attention, though. :/

Considering he's usually wrong or, perhaps, people are getting unlucky and his predictions aren't coming true, I wouldn't even bother putting an emphasis on it.

For the record, I've never spoken to him about predictions, except for once when he said "My visions are hazy, try again later." ... so, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Taygete View Post
    As I understand it, you always have a small chance to plant/grow a plump crop. Jogu's advice is supposed to yield 2 extra veggies per crop. There is always a small chance to get a rare gift, extra seeds, or the turnip pet when you harvest... whether or not you took Jogu's advice.
    That's what happened for me when I took his advice. I've gotten the rare gifts even when planting stuff that wasn't his forecast.

Edit: To clarify, when I followed his advice, every single one of the high-forecast crops yielded 5+2 pieces.
    Last edited by Liara; 2012-10-07 at 11:40 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think it might be 3 extra. Jogus last advice to me was carrots. So I planted carrots in eight of my patches. Seven of those where normal ripe once that yielded 5 carrots each, one was better and yielded 8 carrots.

If you don't wait to ask him until dailies reset he's going to tell you the previous day's prediction. Every time I've asked the prediction has been right. I haven't always planted what he said since often it's something I don't need but if I recall there has only been 1 high yield crop for me but the sample isn't big enough to draw any conclusions.

On my server :

- The prediction resets at 4am (with the dailies reset), and crop grows at 0am (with profession cd reset), so for 4 hour each day his advises are outdated.
    - His prediction is the same for everyone on your server, just ask someone else if you don't want to pay
    - If you plant the plant he gives you, you'll get 8 (sometime 10) instead of 5 (sometime 7) vegetable per plant.
    - rare gift are totally uncorelated.
    - your reputation with him lower the cost of his advice (I'm currently paying 10 silver)
    - he sometimes have a headache, meaning that no plant will be "the one to plant"

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    On my server :

- The prediction resets at 4am (with the dailies reset), and crop grows at 0am (with profession cd reset), so for 4 hour each day his advises are outdated.
    - His prediction is the same for everyone on your server, just ask someone else if you don't want to pay
    - If you plant the plant he gives you, you'll get 8 (sometime 10) instead of 5 (sometime 7) vegetable per plant.
    - your reputation with him lower the cost of his advice (I'm currently paying 10 silver)
    - he sometimes have a headache, meaning that no plant will be "the one to plant"
    Well there you go, the answer is rares are unrelated to Jogu.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bethan View Post
    On my server :

Exactly this, so make sure you use this information to plant and gather the correct plants, depending on when you harvest. That 12-4am window will provide interesting results.

For example, if It's 1 pm and I ask Jogu, and he says "Tomorrow it will be Carrots." If I plant Carrots and then go to harvest them at 12:05 am as soon as they grow, I will NOT get bonus carrots. I need to wait until after 4 am to get the carrots.

To further this example, it's now carrot day day at 11 am. I go harvest my carrots and get 5+2 bonus ones for each patch. If I talk to Jogu he will say "Tomorrow is Cabbage." I can now to one of two things. I can plant more Carrots, and then harvest them at 12:05 (or before 4 am) and get 5+2 Carrots again. OR I can plant Cabbage and wait until after 4am and collect bonus cabbage.

Hmm, I see.

But every time I've followed his advice I've gotten one plump crop.

I'd like to elaborate that you must not harvest your crops until dailies reset. I asked Jogu somewhere mid-day about what's next day , he said pumpkins so I planted them. I went to harvest them after 12 am and I had no extra 2. So just make sure you ask/plant/harvest always after dailies reset to avoid problems with his forecasts.

Deleted
    I used his forecast 3 times and he was always right. But I guess he's useless now since the only thing that matters after revered is songbells.