Blood DK self heals.... how OP is it at 90?

Im a fairly well geared Holy Pally. Our team dominated horde the entire match, we won easy mode.

New account, cant post images, scoreboard sorted by healing: i.imgur.com/QlVbo.jpg

However, horde DK was #2 on healing. I was #1, and the healer on my team, who actually had better gear than me was #3.

How is Blood self heals at 90?? Is it really that facerolling? Our team dominated the horde side like I said, but it took 4 people to kill that one 88 DK. Maybe 2 weren't so well geared, but the other two were well geared, you can tell when someone is not well geared by how fast their health drops with a single hit and how fast it goes back up with a single Holy Light.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play a blood dk at 90. Have about 50% resil (still gearing up) and it usually takes about 3 players to be able to kill me. The more melee there are, the more I can handle. If several casters kite me around really well, I'm basically done for.

In short, it's OP. IMO, what seems like the paradigm for tanks is that they should be 1v1 capable, with 2v1 being a win for the attackers in most cases. This is currently not the case, at all. Our heals are solid, and we have cooldowns for days, allowing us to survive situations that I would believe shouldn't be possible. Damage is meh, but that's not why you spec blood.

And I'm no pro, by any standards. I am about an 1800 skill level player. If you can manage runs usage well, survivability and self-heals will keep you up for quite some time. I wouldn't call it faceroll exactly, but the class currently allows for an extremely high threshold of survivability.
    Last edited by kleinlax21; 2012-10-07 at 09:31 PM.
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

it's not as bad as every hybrid's healing ability and prot warriors are harder to kill in pvp than blood dks.

you still can't smash your face into a blood dk like an idiot, but 1v1 an arms warrior CAN kill a blood dk with properly timed cds and that wasn't possible EVER in cata

Deleted
    I reckon a blood DK that's specced and geared for optimal heals is one of the strongest forces in a BG. coupled with a pocket healer, they're nearly undefeatable.

I just decided to go Blood with my dk into battlegrounds xD

10+ Year Old Account
    I can kill a blood dk on my arms warrior np 1v1. Disarm, silence, stuns, etc it's not hard. They will never get past SW so they can't kill me either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    I can kill a blood dk on my arms warrior np 1v1. Disarm, silence, stuns, etc it's not hard. They will never get past SW so they can't kill me either.
    You must of fought really bad blood dks. A decent Blood DK would easily survive your disarm by either using a trinket/swordshattering/blood tap/Vamperic blood. Not to mention Blood DK's can use Deaths Advance to kite you in a dead zone.

Your silences and stuns with your one shot macro doesn't mean anything to a blood dk who has bone shield and icebound fortitude up.

Your second wind is a joke once the blood dk uses necrotic strike.

Its a shame that most Blood DK's are terrible and seem like they all keyboard turn and have all of their action keys bound to death strike.

Deleted
    Blood dk is crap against any mage/hunter that isn't afk.
    Warriors and rets can't kill them but they can't kill those either through their second wind and wog heals.
    Blood dk vs. warlock can go either way. As locks may not be able to run away much but they sure are resilient to damage and have 10000000000 self heals.

Blood is only good for facerolling scrubs in random bgs and wpvp. When facing opponents who specced into Clue, they aren't that big a deal.

PS: so fucking funny seeing a warrior dueling a blood dk with none winning for 5 minutes (or till one of them does /yield), as the dk's shit damage can't get past second wind and he doesn't have any damage cooldowns to pop, while the warrior can't damage him AND prevent him from using deathstrike long enough to actually make it impossible for him to recover.

Deleted
    Gonna make a blood DK for world pvp and to annoy people in BGs. I dont think i will try being skilled this expansion. This is my thanks to everyone that have argued about me how good pvp is. This is really my thanks.

Deleted
    So far I've never lost to any melee. My HP doens't even drop but every caster just demolishes you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    You must of fought really bad blood dks. A decent Blood DK would easily survive your disarm by either using a trinket/swordshattering/blood tap/Vamperic blood. Not to mention Blood DK's can use Deaths Advance to kite you in a dead zone.

Your silences and stuns with your one shot macro doesn't mean anything to a blood dk who has bone shield and icebound fortitude up.

Your second wind is a joke once the blood dk uses necrotic strike.

Its a shame that most Blood DK's are terrible and seem like they all keyboard turn and have all of their action keys bound to death strike.
    1v1 a war will beat blood DK, i am a DK and im sure it will. All the things you mentioned are correct, but once those things you said like IBF and BT, Vampiric blood, even ghoul DP are used and are on CD, the war will wreck with its 20 sec stun and that is the time that he will pull Recklessness with banner/ avatar and demolish you. Death advance will do you nothing for kiting a warrior, he will hamstring you and you will always be slower than him, even a bit. For the times you have Deaths advance active he can easily get away from you and charge. You may say that you will eat his healing with your NC, the thing is that you need those death runes for healing because the war will pressure you to heal. Also why do you think all warriors have second wind? The war may aswell have impending victory which with the Blood DKs low dps he can heal himself each time. Which means you have to keep on him NC all the time, thus sacrificing a looot of healing, which you cant afford.

Blood in BGs is fun but its not worthed. Its better to go UH or frost and blow people up. If you want a flag carrier, a warrior tank is better because of the mobility and CC.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitak View Post
    1v1 a war will beat blood DK, i am a DK and im sure it will. All the things you mentioned are correct, but once those things you said like IBF and BT, Vampiric blood, even ghoul DP are used and are on CD, the war will wreck with its 20 sec stun and that is the time that he will pull Recklessness with banner/ avatar and demolish you.
    Your not getting it. The blood dk only needs those cds FOR reck/avatar/banner. Wars literally cant even get through blood shield without them. And reck is a 5 min cd, avatar 3 min, all of blood dks cds are far shorter.

Death advance will do you nothing for kiting a warrior, he will hamstring you and you will always be slower than him, even a bit.
    Do you even play a dk? Im sorry if that sounds rude but you do realize you move 100% speed with deaths advance and the war moves at 50% because you will have chains of ice on him, wont you?

Also why do you think all warriors have second wind? The war may aswell have impending victory which with the Blood DKs low dps he can heal himself each time. Which means you have to keep on him NC all the time, thus sacrificing a looot of healing, which you cant afford.
    EVERY war has second wind, if they dont something is really wrong. Impending victory as at most a 35k heal every 30 seconds. 3 second wind ticks = 3 seconds is the same healing. Im not saying a dk will kill a war no problem, but the war sure as hell isnt killing the dk.