Resto druid 100K fera bite

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Seriously?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inb4 not possible.

Sike, heart of the wild.

10+ Year Old Account
    They have a talent that makes them do more damage when they heal and vice versa.

Deleted
    I dont know what to say. Im speechless.

45 sec, 6 min CD. I wrath for the duration as feral. 270k wrath crits and I lack a SP weapon atm.

Deleted
    I have plate. PvP gear. 100k crit twice from a resto druid.

Sure i have been two shot by pom pyro mages but this is a GOD DAMN RESTO DRUID FOR GODS SAKE!

Thanks for linking the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    I have plate. PvP gear. 100k crit twice from a resto druid.

Sure i have been two shot by pom pyro mages but this is a GOD DAMN RESTO DRUID FOR GODS SAKE!

Thanks for linking the ability.
    you're forgetting a 100k CRIT, from a cd that lasts 45 seconds and is on a 6 min cd, and in pvp you're not going to be in feral for 100% of that 45 seconds because you also need to, ya know, heal. also assuming most of the hits aren't a crit, that's lets say 50k damage, and since resto druid's feral energy regen is well...crap...it could take you awhile to get up to one ferocious bite and then another long while for a second.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chireru93 View Post
    you're forgetting a 100k CRIT, from a cd that lasts 45 seconds and is on a 6 min cd, and in pvp you're not going to be in feral for 100% of that 45 seconds because you also need to, ya know, heal. also assuming most of the hits aren't a crit, that's lets say 50k damage, and since resto druid's feral energy regen is well...crap...it could take you awhile to get up to one ferocious bite and then another long while for a second.
    Im like popping wings on my ret pally but i have to like, heal, which defeats the purpose of dpsers..
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-08 at 09:38 AM.

Deleted
    remember 1.5 years of resto druid shambles in cata ? tbh if they nerf resto even a bit from their op-ness now i will feel like a great injustice has been made.

also, 5 combo points on you from a resto druid in cat form ... the problem is elsewhere

P.S. did you played on burning steppes naturetauren?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post
    remember 1.5 years of resto druid shambles in cata ? tbh if they nerf resto even a bit from their op-ness now i will feel like a great injustice has been made.

also, 5 combo points on you from a resto druid in cat form ... the problem is elsewhere

1. Lol going by that i would say that protret has been crap for long, i want to be able to dps quite good again.

2. Well lets say i didnt see it coming. Guess i have to read the patchnotes hehe. Otherwise i might sooner or later get hit for 500k instantly by a blood DK im kiting in the next season or expansion.

3. Yes i did play him. I remember being like Justin Bieber of the server.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-08 at 12:30 PM.

I really hate the mentality here, "class X has been strong, they deserve to be weak" or "I had it rough last season, I DESERVE to be OP". They're utterly childish responses to balance issues; no class deserves to be weak or strong so stop living in the past. Gd kids.

Back on topic;
    "also, 5 combo points on you from a resto druid in cat form ... the problem is elsewhere"

It's called setting up kills - happened to me a couple of nights ago, hard switch on me from mage/shadow/resto and the resto did 180k dmg on me during a deepfreeze despite my 54% resil.
    Stormscale Horde EU | http://lastrogue.com

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    I really hate the mentality here, "class X has been strong, they deserve to be weak" or "I had it rough last season, I DESERVE to be OP". They're utterly childish responses to balance issues; no class deserves to be weak or strong so stop living in the past. Gd kids.

Back on topic;
    "also, 5 combo points on you from a resto druid in cat form ... the problem is elsewhere"

It's called setting up kills - happened to me a couple of nights ago, hard switch on me from mage/shadow/resto and the resto did 180k dmg on me during a deepfreeze despite my 54% resil.
    Is it possible that this CD is completely ignoring resilience?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by EvcRo View Post

as evcro said. if you let a resto druid, dps you for 45 seconds, your team is doing something majorly wrong.

also 100k crits on a 5 point ferocious bite on a 6 minute cooldown are hardly impressive. I can do back to back instant 200k starsurge crits if I get lucky.

Deleted
    6 minutes cooldown can easily be countered if you have brains and have ever played above 1200 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by naturetauren View Post
    Is it possible that this CD is completely ignoring resilience?
    Really good point, any restos able to post their ferocious bite crits vs lvl90 mobs? 126k seems very high vs a resil target imho, when pyros crit me for 96k.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinkabela View Post
    as evcro said. if you let a resto druid, dps you for 45 seconds, your team is doing something majorly wrong.

also 100k crits on a 5 point ferocious bite on a 6 minute cooldown are hardly impressive. I can do back to back instant 200k starsurge crits if I get lucky.
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    6 minutes cooldown can easily be countered if you have brains and have ever played above 1200 rating.
    When i used to play protret my fellow protret mates used cool arguments too.

"Yo its cool that we are more bursty than ret pallies, but man spellsteal our wings noob mage oh wait you cant cause i silenced you now die."

Yes sure, if a moonkin crit me 100k suddenly i would be pissed, but this is a healer. A healer.
    Last edited by mmoc664e732ce0; 2012-10-08 at 03:49 PM.

I been messing around with this with my rogue buddy in 2s. People need to realized that it is actually quite balanced and I assume a non issue at higher ratings. You don't have the feral toolkit when you swap, so only rake, mangle, ferocious bite and maim. Your energy regen is garbage, and if you have to pounce then you blew most of your energy right there. You are easily kited by actually kiting, CC, or simply pushing damage into someone forcing you to heal. It is very situational, and can only really be used with a coordinated effort to burn someone. I see it harder to pull off in 3s than 2s and the cooldown makes it a one shot deal.

The fun thing about it really is that you can also own people in bgs in bear form. Bear hits like a truck when this is popped, which is really fun indeed. Also, you have to switch around weapons to get those big numbers so you will probably see more resto druids just spamming wrath for 140k instead.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 03:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dcruize View Post
    Really good point, any restos able to post their ferocious bite crits vs lvl90 mobs? 126k seems very high vs a resil target imho, when pyros crit me for 96k.
    I will try it out, last night I crit a warlock for 90k which is the highest I have seen so far. I am not stacking trinkets or pvp power though so I think you can push that number higher.

---------- Post added 2012-10-08 at 03:57 PM ----------

Just checked the dummy and the highest crit I got was 146k. So seeing as how I saw 90k as highest so far in arena I would assume it is working with resilience correctly. Of note, energy regen was such crap that I was only able to get off 3 full 5 point bites in 45 seconds. I think what people will really need to pay attention to is a long gamble on targets. I mean a resto taking the time to build 5 combo points early in the match (they stay on) and then waiting for a kill opportunity on that target later to pop an instant bite along with other burst. That seems more deadly to me... wait to force trinkets and get instant clone/bash of for cc and then kill target with cooldowns with your partners. That would be nasty, but with the skill needed to set that up I think I am okay with it.

In 2s it probably wouldn't be too scary, but when your team is feared and you have a spriest and a mage turreting you, the last thing you want is their healer turning into a very bursty 3rd DPSer. Thinking about it, I guess it's no worse than previous seasons of RMP when the priest could start nuking without needing a 6min CD.

Deleted
    my friend did a 460k Wrath as Feral in a heroic, non gimmick boss. not to worry, it effects PvE so will be hotfixed asap.

Deleted
    It's funny how: All dps classes can heal, healers can do dmg as a dps.
    They should only be able to do what they are f'ing supposed to! You choose a class and a spec for a reason.