Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Hello,

I never used macros before, but now I kinda feel I really need one, if it's possible. A macro that normally simply casts Arcane Shot, but if Glaive Shot (15 sec CD) is off CD, the macro would cast it instead.

Thanks for help
    That's not possible.

Did the usual clearing error message macro commands stop working in Mists?

I've tried putting:

/script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");

in my macro, but if I put the Register command in it no longer blocks the message.

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Doesn't work either.

Deleted
    Okay now, i REALLY tried hard to solve this myself but I failed:

I play Warrior and doing some pvp at the moment. I got the "Safeguard" talent. It allows me to intervene my banners when I'm rooted.

I want to cast !Mocking Banner or Demoralizing Banner, target it instantly and then intervene/safeguard it.
    Is it a sequence macro ?

When I solved this im going to add a the lines where i put my current target as focus before i cast the banner and then re-target him automatically after the intervene.

Please help me, oh great macro oracles !!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewasdf View Post
    Did the usual clearing error message macro commands stop working in Mists?

I've tried putting:

/script UIErrorsFrame:UnregisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");
    /script UIErrorsFrame:RegisterEvent("UI_ERROR_MESSAGE");

in my macro, but if I put the Register command in it no longer blocks the message.

/run UIErrorsFrame:Clear()

Doesn't work either.
    The unregister command should be the first line, and the register command should be the last line.

Quote Originally Posted by nwstud31 View Post
    Can someone please help! I had a Tricks of the Trade macro I used for my Rogue that no longer works. I had one macro which set my target which was this:

Code:
    /run ToT = UnitName("target")
    /run if not InCombatLockdown() then EditMacro('TotT', nil, nil, '#showtooltip\n/cast [target='.. ToT ..'] Tricks of the Trade', nil); print('Tricks of the Trade set to : ' .. ToT); else print('Cannot change TotT now!'); end;
    and this was the one I used to cast it on my target:

Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [target=<name of target here>] Tricks of the Trade
    Problem is whenever I go to cast it on the target it will work the first time but every time after that it wants me to manually target the player to cast TotT. Any ideas? Thanks!
    Please help.....anyone?

Deleted
    Lua errors enabled? Getting anything?

15+ Year Old Account
    Had someone in a Pally thread post this macro.

#showtooltip
    /use Execution Sentence
    /use Light's Hammer
    /use Holy Prism
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("t6", G"Execution Sentence" or G"Light's Hammer" or "Holy Prism")
    Now he said the tooltip was a little buggy in that it wouldn't change until after the first usage of the talent selected. However when I've tried it, even after several uses the tooltip never changes. Also, still working in that same macro I would like to set Execution Sentence to never cast on friendly(selected or not) and only on enemy targets, along with Light's Hammer being spammable so as not to lose the targeting which I thought was just adding ! infront of the spell name.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    Had someone in a Pally thread post this macro.

Now he said the tooltip was a little buggy in that it wouldn't change until after the first usage of the talent selected. However when I've tried it, even after several uses the tooltip never changes. Also, still working in that same macro I would like to set Execution Sentence to never cast on friendly(selected or not) and only on enemy targets, along with Light's Hammer being spammable so as not to lose the targeting which I thought was just adding ! infront of the spell name.
    I'm assuming you just copied it from that thread, which means you'll need to change the "t6" to the name of your macro.
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [harm] Execution Sentence
    /use Light's Hammer
    /use Holy Prism
    /run local G=GetSpellInfo SetMacroSpell("MacroName", G"Execution Sentence" or G"Light's Hammer" or "Holy Prism")
    Make sure to change MacroName to the name of your macro.

No idea how Light's Hammer works so didn't change anything for that.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a macro to do an ability and if you sucsessfully do that ability, you do an emo or say somthing?
    Like if I use Last Stand I also roar. But if my Last Stand is on cooldown the roar won't trigger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Kramer View Post
    I was wondering if it's possible to make a macro to do an ability and if you sucsessfully do that ability, you do an emo or say somthing?
    Like if I use Last Stand I also roar. But if my Last Stand is on cooldown the roar won't trigger.
    A macro cannot do this as it can't detect an ability being on CD.
    Though, since there are addons that (for example) announce successful interrupts and such, I guess there might be an addon that makes you roar only after successfully casting last stand.

So since I've started heroic stuff in MoP I've had to go back to a Holy/Prot setup on my pally, but this makes dailies eye gougingly disgusting to do as Prot, so I'm going to have to spec between Prot and Ret several times.

I'm trying to set up macros for all the abilities that change based on what spec I am (not dual spec, actual talent spec) for some I assume this would be very easy, like Templars Verdict and Shield of the Righteous as they're mutually exclusive, but other binds aren't quite as simple and I'd like to know if its possible to do this or if I'm just going to have to swap my buttons around when I spec? Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xs View Post
    So since I've started heroic stuff in MoP I've had to go back to a Holy/Prot setup on my pally, but this makes dailies eye gougingly disgusting to do as Prot, so I'm going to have to spec between Prot and Ret several times.

I'm trying to set up macros for all the abilities that change based on what spec I am (not dual spec, actual talent spec) for some I assume this would be very easy, like Templars Verdict and Shield of the Righteous as they're mutually exclusive, but other binds aren't quite as simple and I'd like to know if its possible to do this or if I'm just going to have to swap my buttons around when I spec? Thanks
    Only way to macro it the way you want would be using
    Code:
    /cast protspell
    /cast retspell
    Which would completely mess up tooltips when in ret.

Basically, it can't be done properly through macros as far as I'm aware.
    Might be better of using addons for that, quick google search came up with this action bar saver

Quote Originally Posted by madorable View Post
    Only way to macro it the way you want would be using
    Code:
    /cast protspell
    /cast retspell
    Which would completely mess up tooltips when in ret.

Basically, it can't be done properly through macros as far as I'm aware.
    Might be better of using addons for that, quick google search came up with this action bar saver
    Yeah I thought about just using a standard /cast, I'm able to use the above mentioned macro used for the talent trees to keep the tooltips working for normal abilities but I'll give that mod a go for the more advanced stuff once I've got a moment to tinker with it

I've been trying to make a macro with no luck. I want to use a mouseover macro with a modifier to cast beacon of light when holding shift and sacred shield when just hitting the macro. I currently use a macro like this for my spells. Any help would be appreciated, ty

#showtooltip Sacred Shield
    /cast [target=mouseover,exists] Sacred Shield; Sacred Shield

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roderik View Post
    I've been trying to make a macro with no luck. I want to use a mouseover macro with a modifier to cast beacon of light when holding shift and sacred shield when just hitting the macro. I currently use a macro like this for my spells. Any help would be appreciated, ty
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@mouseover,mod:shift]Beacon of light; [@mouseover]Sacred Shield

Thanks you very much

i'm looking for a macro that does the following:
    it should target a party member (e.g. party member 1), BUT only if i'm in an arena.

i've thought of something like
    /target [arena] party1
    but i'm not sure if it's even working, as i've never heard of "[arena]".

a friend of mine had an idea to do the check through the existance of the arenaenemyframes, which would look like
    /target [@arena1, exists] party1
    but again, i'm not sure if this works as afaik party1 belongs inside the brackets.

edit:
    just tested
    /target party1
    and at least this part works, so "[@arena1, exists]" in this conjunction is left to be answered
    Last edited by Flaim; 2012-10-08 at 09:54 PM.

can someone help me macro a macro to cast a dot on a Celestial Protector without targeting them? I'm just trying to use 1 gcd to proc Twist of Fate I'm not concerned with the actual damage on them we have melee killing them.

/casttarget=Celestial Protector Shadow Word: Pain is what I have right now and it isn't working.

Any help would be awesome!
    Hi Sephurik

To cast something on someone they need a valid unitid, such as target/focus/mouseover/party/arena/etc. You can achieve what you want in several different ways.

Make it a focus:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /clearfocus
    /focus Celestial Protector
    /use [@focus,harm][] Shadow Word:Pain
    On mouseover:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use [@mouseover,harm][] Shadow Word: Pain
    Quick target swap:
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /tar Celestial Protector
    /use Shadow Word: Pain
    /targetlasttarget

10+ Year Old Account
    Code:
    #showtooltip
    /use blood presence
    /use unholy presence
    How do I make this macro show the icon of the presence I'm NOT in? Thanks!