Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm not a serious sPvPer, but I've had fun every time I get the itch to sPvP. It's like most things in GW2, do it when you feel like it and don't make it a job and it's a blast. Pour yourself into it too much and you get frustrated.

People moaning that Ladders aren't out a month after release.

Some seasons Arena isn't available in WoW for a month or two and that's a 7/8 year old game and they still can't manage it. I'm glad ladders aren't out yet as the game could do with some more balancing. This is also giving people time to learn their classes and create tactics for each map.

Only problem i have with sPvP is the crafting, Crystals and Slivers don't ever drop! 15 chests so far about 6 being Gold Tourney chests and not one of either of the mentioned matts...they need to increase the drop rate i think.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post

Only problem i have with sPvP is the crafting, Crystals and Slivers don't ever drop! 15 chests so far about 6 being Gold Tourney chests and not one of either of the mentioned matts...they need to increase the drop rate i think.
    You get the mats by salvaging items you don't want/duplicates.

My only two problems with spvp is that glory takes too long to grind/the point system is mess up. Also there is only one game type. Its annoying that I can cap all put the last 5% of a point and then not get points for it when I step off of it because my team has enough people to make sure it finishes.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    You get the mats by salvaging items you don't want/duplicates.
    I know, thats what i'm saying, haven't had ONE in sooo long!

Deleted
    I like it, but class balance is ridiculous at the moment.

Burst is way too high across the board, and some professions get it more than others.
    The downed state as a whole is pretty bad, and some professions have two ways to avoid finishers, while others have none.

Imo, they should remove downed state and increase normal health pools to compensate, as well as helping with the burst issue.
    Last edited by mmoc7c5925fb1b; 2012-10-07 at 09:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rzy View Post
    People moaning that Ladders aren't out a month after release.

Some seasons Arena isn't available in WoW for a month or two and that's a 7/8 year old game and they still can't manage it. I'm glad ladders aren't out yet as the game could do with some more balancing. This is also giving people time to learn their classes and create tactics for each map.

While not getting crystals salvaging 15 chests worth of materials is unfortunate not getting slivers is intentional.
    They are supposed to be very rare.

I can't stand any "serious" small scale pvp. It's just not fun. You can't play spec you like, you can't burst ppl down and laugh at them, you have to plan and think. This equals boring in my book. But what especially just kills all possible fun for me in spvp is downed state. If I kill you, I kill you. You don't get saved by ppl AFTER I killed you. No second chances. Good thing we don't need spvp for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice80 View Post
    I can't stand any "serious" small scale pvp. It's just not fun. You can't play spec you like, you can't burst ppl down and laugh at them, you have to plan and think. This equals boring in my book. But what especially just kills all possible fun for me in spvp is downed state. If I kill you, I kill you. You don't get saved by ppl AFTER I killed you. No second chances. Good thing we don't need spvp for anything.
    In all the honesty, find another warrior and play a duo in sPvP. You'll have the exact experience you want. Most people in sPvP are terrible at the game and you'll be able to connect your dual hundred blades rape about 7/10 times resulting in a hilarious burst of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Its not quite as fun as I thought it might be. I have played over 50 games and there is hardly any communication, in fact the last 10 matches not one person said anything including myself - I never felt the need tbh.
    In wow, if you call incoming blacksmith x 4 you get told to "stfu." and "stop spaming you BG HERO FUCK. TRYING TO BEJEWELED HERE"
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    I like it, but class balance is ridiculous at the moment.

Burst is way too high across the board, and some professions get it more than others.
    The downed state as a whole is pretty bad, and some professions have two ways to avoid finishers, while others have none.

Imo, they should remove downed state and increase normal health pools to compensate, as well as helping with the burst issue.
    Only rangers have no way to interrupt a finishing move. I've never had a problem with being burst down, even on my glass cannon thief.

I find that a lot of people just button mash and don't understand their skills. I've found myself being able to counter things that I shouldn't if my opponent just took the time to breath and stopped slamming their head against their keyboard.

Mesmers who think I can't tell where they are. Warriors that are kitable. Rangers without CC. Guardians without condition removal. Necros who can't properly death shroud. Engineers that don't use their utilities. Thieves who still try to spam heartseeker. Eles who try rely on glass cannon builds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    In wow, if you call incoming blacksmith x 4 you get told to "stfu." and "stop spaming you BG HERO FUCK. TRYING TO BEJEWELED HERE"
    lol...if you play early evening your shouts of incoming would go totally unnoticed as they would be lost in amongst the swamp of comments about what one prepubescent idiot had done to another players mother.
    Truth be told it was one of the main reasons I stopped playing that game.
    I’ve not tried Tournament sPvP yet, but would like to give it a go as I like the combat system but would like a bit more organisation to the battles rather than zerg, zerg, zerg. That said I stil think the PuG sPvP is good for a bit of mindless fun

I really didn't like sPvP or WvWvW when I played. I just didn't like the entire GW2 combat system or lack of map diversity or game objectives.

SWTOR combat system is a lot better with tanks taunting and guarding and actual healers, lots of knock backs and pulls etc just feels very dynamic. I also like SWTOR's medal system which rewards the people that contribute.

Deleted
    I really enjoy how balanced the game is, like any profession is viable as a point defender, as a roamer (even guardian). You may question whether tpvp is good or not, but it feels like it's intended to.

Yes and no. I love the gameplay aspect but I don't like that randoms can get paired up against premades. Can't wait for paid tournaments.