Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Micke View Post
    and hellfire?
    Pulls the whole room.

Welcome to the club, DK's have this too >.> I'm just using the stun thingie in hc's on cooldown for the sake of using it, yours sounds as pointless as ours.

Deleted
    I hope everyone complaining about warlock 90 talents is the biggest pve freak ever brcause kil jaedens cunning is absouletely AMAZING for pvp move cast anything you want its so good for arena and if you think otherwise your nuts the only useless thing is the use ability but you just shudnt touch that and not always move while casting and put a stopcasting in your agony the other 2 are complete shit tho but hey

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by valedo View Post
    I hope everyone complaining about warlock 90 talents is the biggest pve freak ever brcause kil jaedens cunning is absouletely AMAZING for pvp move cast anything you want its so good for arena and if you think otherwise your nuts the only useless thing is the use ability but you just shudnt touch that and not always move while casting and put a stopcasting in your agony the other 2 are complete shit tho but hey
    Translate/Clarify into real english:

The level 90 talents are amazing, especially AV.

Don't touch the On-Use because it's shit
    To make use of the passive, you must make macros.

Gotcha!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qu1rex View Post
    Translate/Clarify into real english:

The level 90 talents are amazing, especially AV.

Don't touch the On-Use because it's shit
    To make use of the passive, you must make macros.

Gotcha!
    Especially Kil'Jaeden's Cunning! The other 2 are utterly useless..

AV now has a cap dependent on our maximum health, correct? If that's the case, I have a couple suggestions to make it better.

If you take Soul Link with GoSac you get an additional 20% maximum health. In turn, if you make the VW your sac'd pet of choice you can use it's Shadow Bulwark as well to increase your health by yet another 30% once every 2 minutes (the same CD as AV). Couple these effects with the on use component of AV and you can make a fairly crappy talent somewhat better.

Quote Originally Posted by valedo View Post
    let's slow down a bit there, KJC is fun if you wanna run around in bgs while most people don't pay any attention to you, but using that in arena :| gl, it looks cool and all, feels nice to cast while moving too but :

1) you'd need to make a stop casting macro and use it everytime you need to fake cast.
    2) you are basically casting 50% slower.
    3) 20% movement slows + any other slow from a melee means you're not moving period.

the only time this talent can be used in arena viably is if you either play with a paladin or use SB : portal.
    why ? because freedom effects remove the movement penalty.
    SB: porting then casting while moving , would only be usable when you are kiting at the moment after you port to relieve pressure, you would never use a shard/ port just to cast while moving a few seconds tbh.

maybe in 5.1 it might be viable , I dunno really.

Deleted
    I figured I'd try out Kil'Jaedens Cunning for fun and I noticed something that makes it even worse than it already is. You activate it and start moving while casting and you can just about fit in one non-procced soulfire. That's bad enough as it is, but if for some reason you don't quite finish a cast before the 6 seconds are over, it gets interrupted completely, because when on CD you can't move while casting. Especially in PvP, but also in PvE, this will be all too common and when it happens you'll have wasted precious seconds and accomplished absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    I figured I'd try out Kil'Jaedens Cunning for fun and I noticed something that makes it even worse than it already is. You activate it and start moving while casting and you can just about fit in one non-procced soulfire. That's bad enough as it is, but if for some reason you don't quite finish a cast before the 6 seconds are over, it gets interrupted completely, because when on CD you can't move while casting. Especially in PvP, but also in PvE, this will be all too common and when it happens you'll have wasted precious seconds and accomplished absolutely nothing.
    That's the case with other similar abilities such as the shaman version of the spell.

Deleted
    Except they get 15 seconds, which makes it quite a bit easier to time.

I'm going to take back my complaints about MF....ive got a UI that wont let me use the talent unlearn books and i just keep forgetting to fix it, so ive been running heroics with the MF talent and after getting use to it and just being extra careful about where i place the circle, I think I really like it. The expanded range helps keep my burning embers full constantly, and it feels like more of a 'experience and skill with the talent will pay dividends' ability. There indeed have been a few instances where i could not use AOE because of it but reasonably few occurances. I do still think its slightly underpar since it doesnt apply to everything like it claims but its kinda fun.

Deleted
    MF was of great use on Elegon and Will of the Emperor to RoF all the adds. It is still lacking an active effect imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think some people's expectations are unrealistically high.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubjuice View Post
    I think some people's expectations are unrealistically high.
    It's not unrealistic to expect our talents to not suck. The tier is beyond disappointing and is the worst of any tier (any lvl / any class) in the game by a ways. It's not fun and more importantly, if it were gone tomorrow my lock experience wouldn't change at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    a lot of tiers of a lot of specs are underwhelming

i think it's entirely unrealistic to expect all 198 talents in the game to OMFGAWESOME!!!! especially considering that the system is brand new.

also it's grossly innacurate to say that warlock tier90 talents suck. They each serve a purpose, they each are acceptable choices to the purpose they serve. that is better than a lot of other classes gave to work with. and it is ABSOLUTELY NOT the worst tier in the game. Look at Shaman talents for crying out load. their tier 45 talents are arguably the worst of any spec/class in the game.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2012-10-08 at 03:02 PM.

a lot of tiers of a lot of specs are underwhelming

i think it's entirely unrealistic to expect all 198 talents in the game to OMFGAWESOME!!!! especially considering that the system is brand new.

also it's grossly innacurate to say that warlock tier90 talents suck. They each serve a purpose, they each are acceptable choices to the purpose they serve. that is better than a lot of other classes gave to work with. and it is ABSOLUTELY NOT the worst tier in the game. Look at Shaman talents for crying out load. their tier 45 talents are arguably the worst of any spec/class in the game.
    Perhaps, but so what? we have the worst lvl 90 tiers of all classes, the only thing we get for lvling from 85-90 that does anything good at all (imo) is Pandemic, and that doesnt benefitt all speccs even.

With the tier being named after such powerfull beings, wouldent you expect it to be awesome in one way or another? instead they dumbed it down to be useless and have no value except for 1-2 things, like unstealthing in pvp.

10+ Year Old Account
    perhaps but so what? Our talents are our talents. Just use what you were given.

perhaps but so what? Our talents are our talents. Just use what you were given.
    By that filosophy, all feedback is useless and we should just stfu and play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly my point!

and it is ABSOLUTELY NOT the worst tier in the game. Look at Shaman talents for crying out load. their tier 45 talents are arguably the worst of any spec/class in the game.
    Totemic projection gives Shaman access to a ranged 5 sec stun via capacitor totem. Pulling out a second earth grab when in dire straights or popping back to back freedom totems when going for a kill certainly has uses. They both can have a measurable impact on a match. Sorry, but I 100% disagree with you. Feel free to post w/e crappy talent tiers exist in the game, and I think you will be hard-pressed to find worse.