10+ Year Old Account

JC gems way under stat budget.

The Jewelcrafter-only secondary stat gems are well under budget compared to some other professions.

Just to be clear I am not talking about Strength Intellect Agility Stamina.

Jewelcrafter only gems secondary stats are giving +160 additional, which is half the bonus that they should be.
    Example: Sparkling River's Heart gives +320 Spirit. Sparkling Serpent's Eye gives +480.
    If I was a Jewelcrafter, I would get a total of +320 Spirit for socketing two (480-320=160x2=320),
    whereas a Blacksmith would be getting 640 (320x2=640).
    If they are inflating secondary stats to make them a viable choice, they need to do the same for Jewelcrafter gems, or they are NOT viable options.

A fine point. Post to the official forums! I'd love to get 640 expertise gems. :P

JC is not in a great place. I thought that at least after cata's last tier they would smooth it over, but no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    A fine point. Post to the official forums! I'd love to get 640 expertise gems. :P
    Was working on it, and also submitted a ticket in game. I plan to harass until I get an answer!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794731620

I'm hoping this is just an oversight on Blizzards part and will be sorted soon. If not it's another kick in the teeth for us jewelcrafters.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Navitas; 2012-10-08 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    I'm hoping this is just an oversight on Blizzards part and will be sorted soon. If not it's another kick in the teeth for us jewelcrafters.[COLOR="red"]
    A few laps in the money bin should make you feel better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPQhHfdSQeo

10+ Year Old Account
    there is also no jc only res gem/cut in game.this really pisses me off now that im gearing my fcing prot war.

The problem arises now, and very likely only for healers, because except spirit the major stats outweigh secondary stats still by far.
    As you have already stated, it only is worse compared to some other professions, and with "some" you mean blacksmithing.

- Alchemy: same as JC, 320 for primary and secondary (only spirit available)
    - Engineering: Synapse springs mk2 affects only primary stats
    - Enchanting: Only offers primary stats
    - Leatherworking: Only offers primaty stats
    - Tailoring: Works different, doesn't give flat stat increase

So it's not JC that is worse than other professions, it's BS that is better than all other profession.

I suppose nobody ever really noticed this until, oh wait, secondary stats are actually kind of useful now. With the Cataclysm mindset everyone was gemming pure primary stats without a second thought; now though, with secondary stats being doubled on gems and secondary stats in general being that little bit more valuable, the problem has been brought to the limelight.

Whether JC is weak or BS is strong, I dunno. Hopefully professions can be brought a bit closer together if at all possible. Having blacksmithing on my Monk doesn't feel entirely 'right', to me. But hey.

So hold on you want JC to have access to more secondary stats even though EVERY SINGLE PROFESSION outside of blacksmithing doesnt either? You dont want JC to be on par with other professions (since it already is) you want it to be OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The problem arises now, and very likely only for healers, because except spirit the major stats outweigh secondary stats still by far.
    As you have already stated, it only is worse compared to some other professions, and with "some" you mean blacksmithing.

- Alchemy: same as JC, 320 for primary and secondary (only spirit available)
    - Engineering: Synapse springs mk2 affects only primary stats
    - Enchanting: Only offers primary stats
    - Leatherworking: Only offers primaty stats
    - Tailoring: Works different, doesn't give flat stat increase

So it's not JC that is worse than other professions, it's BS that is better than all other profession.
    I specifically said I was not talking about any primary stats, which means I am ignoring Engineering, Enchanting, Inscription, Leatherworking. If Alchemy's Spirit is not an acceptable amount, then it needs buffed too. If Tailoring's spirit/mana proc does not equal out to be twice the int/SP proc, it needs buffed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjabb View Post
    So hold on you want JC to have access to more secondary stats even though EVERY SINGLE PROFESSION outside of blacksmithing doesnt either? You dont want JC to be on par with other professions (since it already is) you want it to be OP.
    Quite simply, if they are valuing primary stats at half secondary ones on gems, then I would like them to be consistent and apply it to my gem-cutting specialty to make them as viable of choices as any other non-primary gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Omertocracy View Post
    I specifically said I was not talking about any primary stats, which means I am ignoring Engineering, Enchanting, Inscription, Leatherworking. If Alchemy's Spirit is not an acceptable amount, then it needs buffed too. If Tailoring's spirit/mana proc does not equal out to be twice the int/SP proc, it needs buffed as well.

Quite simply, if they are valuing primary stats at half secondary ones on gems, then I would like them to be consistent and apply it to my gem-cutting specialty to make them as viable of choices as any other non-primary gem.
    In support of your argument, please provide a list of specs whose primary stats aren't valued at over double that of the secondary stats. Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is Fury and crit and that may have changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepepper View Post
    In support of your argument, please provide a list of specs whose primary stats aren't valued at over double that of the secondary stats. Off the top of my head the only one I can think of is Fury and crit and that may have changed.
    After some additional research the following specs prioritize secondary stats at more than half primary:
    (Ignoring Hit and Expertise)
    Blood DK
    Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin
    Brewmaster Monk
    Guardian Druid
    Disc Priest
    Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Mistweaver Monk
    2H Frost DK
    Ret Paladin
    Combat Rogue

That's 14/33 specs, and I couldn't find info on any Warlock spec, Warrior DPS spec, Shaman DPS spec, Shadow Priest, Druid DPS spec, Mage spec, or Windwalker Monks, so that's actually 14/18 specs I could find easily. Yes I know it's skewed by a significant lack of info I cared enough to find on DPS specs, but you asked for a list and here is what I found in 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Omertocracy; 2012-10-09 at 02:00 AM.

Deleted
    for socketing two (480-320=160x2=320)

Can't JC have 3 x Serpent's?

After some additional research the following specs prioritize secondary stats at more than half primary:
    (Ignoring Hit and Expertise)
    Blood DK
    Prot Warrior
    Prot Paladin
    Brewmaster Monk
    Guardian Druid
    Disc Priest
    Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Mistweaver Monk
    2H Frost DK
    Ret Paladin
    Combat Rogue

That's 14/33 specs, and I couldn't find info on any Warlock spec, Warrior DPS spec, Shaman DPS spec, Shadow Priest, Druid DPS spec, Mage spec, or Windwalker Monks, so that's actually 14/18 specs I could find easily. Yes I know it's skewed by a significant lack of info I cared enough to find on DPS specs, but you asked for a list and here is what I found in 10 minutes.
    Balance druid has crit/haste above .5 intellect as well. Elemental shaman have int more than 2x the value of secondary stats. Fury values crit above anything else by far. So thats another 2 specs that use secondary stat gems over primary stat gems.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Telila View Post
    Can't JC have 3 x Serpent's?
    they changed it too 2, so it is easier too balance with other proffesions

OT: i dnt see how JC got screwed over. sure it gets less secondary stats then BS would get, but atleast a JC gets the option for extra secondary stats.
    as a LW i can only choose primary stats too enchant my wrist with i dnt get an option too pick a secondary. same goes for alchemy the flask bonus is only primary, sure you can go with 2 elixers but that will most of the time be a loss over a flask.
    and engineering procs primary stats of it glove enchant and no secondary.

i think i made my point, your saying JC got screwed over. but in fact its on par with other proffesions and its just that BS has a huge benefit when it comes too secondary stats.
    Last edited by mmocf05b7cf06c; 2012-10-09 at 06:57 AM.

I specifically said I was not talking about any primary stats, which means I am ignoring Engineering, Enchanting, Inscription, Leatherworking.
    And? I specifically said about those professions that they offer only primary stats, making them worse than JC. If you look at primary stats, all professions are practically the same.
    If you look at secondary stats, BS offers the most, JC comes in second, AC third, and all other professions don't offer them at all.

So my argument still stands, JC only loses to BS and so still is the second best profession to have. So before JC should be buffed further, BS should be nerfed or even better secondary stats should be made available to the other professions at the same grade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    i think i made my point, your saying JC got screwed over. but in fact its on par with other proffesions and its just that BS has a huge benefit when it comes too secondary stats.
    So let's go with a prof that gets a flat secondary stat only. Skinning. 480 Crit. JC still gets less than that, so it is not on par with other professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    This has been bothering me too. If you value secondary stats which a lot of specs now do JC becomes the worst. Here's why

Even though an enchanter gets only primary stats he doesnt need a socket to get it. An enchanter can enchant his ring and then gem the red socket with hybrids str/pvp power.
    But JC has to gem 320 str gem and loses on secondary stats. We get the least amount of secondary stats.