Hello Mistweavers, how are your Elegon kills/attempts so far?

Hello. I would like to not include LFR in this discussion if possible.

I've had my first attempts on Elegon on 10 this week and man was that fight fun!

Share your experience/tips on your Elegon kills: 10 or 25? Were you in range healing or melee? How did you handle the Total Annihilation/Burn Phase? Any special tips for us Mistweavers that are still trying on this boss? (I am more concerned about 10 man because in 25 I would think it's mostly pure AOE healing. =/)

hello :3

Whilst I'm not the Mistweaver in our group (MS WW) me and the MW were talking about Elegon. using the special spot where ranged can just jump to reset stacks helps healers a lot. our MW stayed outside the bubble and did have a few little range issues before the tanks turned him to a 45 degree angle and then everything was dandy.

use touch of death to help your weakest orb get the last set that you do! It's amazing for this fight!

Our other healer was an atonement disc priest - double dipping DPS and HPS from the buff was awesome. I believe our MW was mainly tank healing. The AOE damage isn't that bad. just reset stacks, roll raid CDs through annihilation and stack people where possible.

We were fairly lucky with our group makeup for last phase having 2 tranqs from DPS in a 10man group but it is a pretty comfortable kill so long as people don't hurp the derp and stand where they shouldn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Go put some pants on.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7s.../?s=7004&e=752
    Logs from our 10m kill tonight. I streamed it as well, the additional 5mil damage I brought was CRUCIAL to the kill. High dps check, fun fight. 25m next week will be interesting.

Just killed it on 10 man as well logs not up yet as we're currently working on last boss.

Diffuse magic worked great for TA and final phase aoe. I was not fistweaving for the most part but our disc priest was dpsing. we two healed the fight this way and came out on top with a min left on enrage. Healing was basic AoE healing rotation with chi burst.

Sorry for rough post typing inbetween pulls.

Log: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/w...=14779&e=15277
    Last edited by Ryuke; 2012-10-08 at 09:51 AM.

@Zik3l
    Nice i didnt think of the touch of death for the spark. Will try that did you glyph it?

@ryuke
    How did you use diffuse magic? Just to clear stacks?

Also do you guys advice to stay in melee for easier chi (jab)? I tried to put down a statue outside of the ring to reset stack but it was more than 40 yrds from melee so i died a couple times to that xD im thinking of just jabbing the protector now lol
    hello :3

This fight makes great use of Transcendence and roll. I dropped the statue in the center of the room and melee'd the boss for extra raid DPS and the eminence healing is noticeable. When my stacks got to around 6 or so I'd either transcendence out or roll to drop stacks and then roll back.

Quote Originally Posted by helloberry View Post
    @Zik3l
    Nice i didnt think of the touch of death for the spark. Will try that did you glyph it?

@ryuke
    How did you use diffuse magic? Just to clear stacks?

Also do you guys advice to stay in melee for easier chi (jab)? I tried to put down a statue outside of the ring to reset stack but it was more than 40 yrds from melee so i died a couple times to that xD im thinking of just jabbing the protector now lol
    You use Diffuse when annhilation is about to go off so you take no damage so you can focus on your raid healing. I also use it for the final burn phase when you're all stacked on the boss just to avoid some damage since its very very healing intensive.

I dont like fistweaving in its current form so i dont tend to do it if anything i'll throw a cracking jade lightning for the few seconds you have during the transition into (phase 3?) with the walls. Just to shorten the amount of time you spend in the final phase 1.

Our fire mage had a little trouble with the 4th wave so i would indeed death touch it for him with 3 pooled chi
    Last edited by Ryuke; 2012-10-08 at 10:03 PM.

world of logs here worldoflogs com/reports/brhj156vz6m00wv1/ Currently holding 20th ranking for 10 man healing (fix the link not enough posts)

Glyphs = Spinning crane kick and renewing mist (didn't use a 3rd)
    Talents = Standard talent with zen sphere

Healers were druid focusing on tanks during p1 and myself the mw raid healing.

We had all range stand on edge of the circle so they can just dip in and out easily.

P1 we used raid cd's for each total annihilation, people need to make sure there stacks are reset and healing shouldn't be too difficult then. If one of your raid cd's is a bubble you can have ur melee pop a personal instead of stacking inside the bubble so they can get full up time on the boss. Make sure ur always spending your chi ur chi as soon as you can dont use mana when ur at full stacks of chi or you will go oom extremely fast. Pretty much constantly be dispelling during this phase keep renewing mist up and when total annihilation happens u can just uplift and spinning crane kick if needed. Help out with tank healing here and there.

p2 the hardest healing phase for me for some reason. Make sure your dps is constantly resetting stacks and have people pop personals to help healers out with raid healing. Split up groups with 1 healer healing 1 side and the other healing the other side for orbs. Renewing mist really sucks here as it can bounce to the group your not healing thus not really being able to rely on upift for healing your whole group. Just uplift the people who do have renewing mist and single target the people who dont. If the orbs are exploding and you dont have renewing mist on yourself you can pop zen meditation or diffuse magic so you take 0 dmg during one of the exploding orb phases. You can also use revival here if you want to.

p3. The biggest tip I can give you here is if you kill the linking gates at the same time and they both go down that means more adds will respawn. You want to kill all gates at the same time so less adds come out. You can easily make it so you only get 1-3 spawn of adds during this phase if you hold off killing gates right away untill you can kill all 6 at the same time. This should make the phase minimal dmg thus you can just sit here enjoy the spirit regen. But make sure ur still spending chi for more stacks of mana tea. Use chi brew if its up just to get a insta 4 chi for 1 stack of mana tea, it should be back up for p1. This is the best time to use your potion of focus as soon as this phase starts.

When the boss is at 50% just keep people up at all costs. mana will be extremely rough here do everything you can to keep people up. renewing mist uplift and spinning crane kick. Pop personals raid cd's and make sure people are dipping out when they have high hp to drop there stacks. Tough healing phase but this is really all about your dps nuking the boss before you go oom.

Deleted
    i noticed the statue will disapper, when the walls are going up and the center falls down if you place it in the middle