Deleted

getting prot gear without crafted blue set after all quests are finished.

i've leveled through MoP as ret, and i'm not kinda wanting to improve my prot gear for AoE farming and doing instances. i've finished all quests, crafted gear is between 600 and 1200G, which is out of my budget. is my only option to run dungeons for justice points? because that will take a while.

You should be able to get started in your Ret gear.

As it stands right now, avoidance stacking is not optimal for protadin tanking. You want heaps of hit and expertise (a lot of people are suggesting to hard cap expertise now), and mastery and haste. You won't want to bother with crit, but pieces of gear you'd generally consider "ret" gear without it are still valuable to prot gearing.

Also, in regards to the crafted set, use Wowhead to see what plate pvp pieces have hit/expertise/mastery/haste and get those crafted. They are SUPER CHEAP to craft compared to the actual PVE tanking set as they take between 5-12 Ghost Iron Bars, and no Trillium Bars.

10+ Year Old Account
    run scenarios.random 463 blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Flalia4 View Post
    run scenarios.random 463 blue.
    Also make sure to run Arena of Annihilation, for your choice of ilevel 450 weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    have the full blue ilvl 450 PvP crafting on my dk and 2 stamina brewmaster trinkets.. not a single tank item (except the cloak i got in a HC =o) and im tanking just fine

i'm retri and i've the same problem...doing random , tank rolls my loot and win .
    i'm still ilvl 457 and i can't do lfr...any tips to improve at least at 460?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsuirlife View Post
    i'm retri and i've the same problem...doing random , tank rolls my loot and win .
    i'm still ilvl 457 and i can't do lfr...any tips to improve at least at 460?
    get a bear or monk to tank for you, or bribe a plate tank on your server to not roll on them. shouldn't be that hard, a number of tanks tank a heroic for 300G.

10+ Year Old Account
    This wanting haste on prot gear now has completely changed Prot Paladin.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    This wanting haste on prot gear now has completely changed Prot Paladin.
    Now if someone could just send the item design team a memo before they roll out tier 15...