FPS Issues - Don't know why.

Alright so I know my computer isn't the best out there, but I figured it would be able to handle at least stuff on High. Here are my specs:
    AMD FX6100 @ 4ghz
    Heatsink: I can't for the life of me remember the name, but it's a good Coolermaster one.
    Radeon 6850 @ 830 / 1170
    8GB Ram
    120GB Corsair Force GT SSD

I BARELY break 30 fps sitting in org doing nothing, was doing Sha of Anger and it was just -horrible- so any ideas on what's going on? Disabling all addons didn't help either, so that's off the table. Looking for any kind of help here D:

I'm probably not suited to give you advice but I know a lot of people are disappointed in the FX bulldozer series. I did a lot of checking on stuff when I built my system and I changed from the amd fx6100 to the i5 for gaming preformance reasons but there's probably a million people on this forum better suited to give you advice than me, but hopefully it gives you a starting point for your research to fix your issue.

I BARELY break 30 fps sitting in org doing nothing, was doing Sha of Anger and it was just -horrible- so any ideas on what's going on?
    Pretty much what the above poster said. Even todays most high-end AMD processors perform somewhere on par with 2 year lower-tier Intel hardware when it comes to warcraft. It's perfectly serviceable for other games but warcraft stresses areas that AMD just isn't good at handling.

The major performance penalties are imposed by SSAO, Shadows, View Distance, and Multisampling. Dropping those may help your frame rates for many things but you'll probably always experience some choppiness when you're doing large group content.

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    Pretty much what the above poster said. Even todays most high-end AMD processors perform somewhere on par with 2 year lower-tier Intel hardware when it comes to warcraft. It's perfectly serviceable for other games but warcraft stresses areas that AMD just isn't good at handling.

The major performance penalties are imposed by SSAO, Shadows, View Distance, and Multisampling. Dropping those may help your frame rates for many things but you'll probably always experience some choppiness when you're doing large group content.
    30's in org is something else causing it 40-55 in org would be normal on a mid-high realm. Still a lot of bugs in mop, keep updating addons and such.