Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Runewrath View Post
    That's what HotR is for. Same thing just needs a target.
    HotR hits like a limp noodle, and AoE doesn't matter for bosses anyway. we're talking about cleaving, where DS is a slight increase on 2 targets, but damage from other classes skyrockets when there's cleave damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Yes T14 tier will be obtainable in 2 years. How bout you level instead of spreading doom and gloom nonsense.
    There is something wrong with the class, if a specific tier set bonus is needed be competitive first time...

Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    There is something wrong with the class, if a specific tier set bonus is needed be competitive first time...
    My thoughts exactly. I'd rather have a shitty tier bonus and do the same average dmg we are expected to do with the current tier bonus. I mean Anaxie already pointed out a huge flaw - How are they going to improve the bonuses over the next couple tiers? Less powerful bonuses with more sustained damage is ideal in all situations. Hell, they could make bonuses that improved cleave damage, I'd be happy with that. At least Ret in PvP wouldn't be where it is now.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-10-07 at 07:47 PM.

the other classes also have their tier bonuses u cant just sit down and w8 for ur tier bonus , we didnt kill the first boss yet but i can see where i top the meters with my burst and then i go down waiting for my burst again

So long as your raiding group is competent people would prefer skill vs massive numbers and then death shortly after for not being a competent play and just rolling ones face on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Adominitis View Post
    So long as your raiding group is competent people would prefer skill vs massive numbers and then death shortly after for not being a competent play and just rolling ones face on the keyboard.
    This presumes your team has not the option of a better dps class of the same skill :P Although i agree for 99% of plyers they will get a raid spot anyway

While gearing mains on my Ret alt with 461 ilvl I felt like I was able to compete on most fights. The only guy who beat me on all fights was a Rogue with over 470 ilvl. Sure, my Warlock crushes my Ret but I don't feel like we are that much behind as I was expecting us to be. Things feel like normal atm and I don't see why people are complaining. I figure as soon as we get >480 ilvl and our haste has kicked in we'll be able to compete with other melee classes. That's really where our problem lies right now IMHO.

if ur talking about dungeons bosses 4 min max fight u can compete with everyone but we are talking about raids with 15 min boss fight many classes will top the meters while ur waiting ur cooldowns

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaand another expansion goes on through where ret dps is undesirable from day 1 so I'm pushed into holy and then made to feel bad if I want to respec when it gets buffed later down the line. *sigh*

Cata and Mists, why you do dis. *shakefist*
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

TV needs a huge buff, it has laughable damage atm. Slight buff to Exo/Judge. No more CD-based tier bonuses, plx.

Deleted
    Ret is currently awful.

Many of the Paladins in my guild and Paladins I know said levelling as Ret was tiring and awful. Now they're hitting dungeons, (I'm a Prot Paladin) and I've noticed with random Ret-pug-adins that I'm actually outdpsing them.

Ret needs a massive buff. We're awful at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Aaaand another expansion goes on through where ret dps is undesirable from day 1 so I'm pushed into holy and then made to feel bad if I want to respec when it gets buffed later down the line. *sigh*

Cata and Mists, why you do dis. *shakefist*
    Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    TV needs a huge buff, it has laughable damage atm. Slight buff to Exo/Judge. No more CD-based tier bonuses, plx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helai View Post
    Ret is currently awful.

Many of the Paladins in my guild and Paladins I know said levelling as Ret was tiring and awful. Now they're hitting dungeons, (I'm a Prot Paladin) and I've noticed with random Ret-pug-adins that I'm actually outdpsing them.

Ret needs a massive buff. We're awful at the moment.

Are you playing the same game O.o

I 2shoted Bobjob(multi glad mage) last night in 3s, and I'm 1-4th on meters every fight in Vaults
    Last edited by Therm; 2012-10-08 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    I'm 1-4th on meters every fight in Vaults
    Being 4th on meter in 10 ppl raid is kinda sad. More than that, I see you on 4th and 7th places on both of your last kills in 10 ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Megraam View Post
    Being 4th on meter in 10 ppl raid is kinda sad. More than that, I see you on 4th and 7th places on both of your last kills in 10 ppl.
    kinda creepy
    youre not counting my 25man, and all of the wipes, attempts I die ect

Deleted
    Elegon 25 , http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dzj9zryiiry1chc1/
    Ret is pretty good on each fight really, i'm happy with the currrent state!

Quote Originally Posted by Therm View Post
    kinda creepy
    youre not counting my 25man, and all of the wipes, attempts I die ect
    I've checked only kills. I haven't seen you in 1-4 range at any kill in 25 though.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's way too early to follow WoL averages. We need to give it some time for the numbers to actually average out. For example, there are going to be less monks right now than any other class because of the work to level (or RaF) a new class to 90. Not to mention that RaFing a character to 90 doesn't take into consideration professions. The profession stat boosts are significant, but even more so professions that can craft you some gear. I haven't played a Ret Pally yet (in fact I'm not currently subbed, although I know I will by the end of the week) but I do think it's too early to judge.

So, I haven't been able to log recently because my mobo is on its last legs and it freaks when I start to log for some reason. But ret is quite good really. In the closest thing to a patchwerk fight we have right now (Gara'jal) here's what my raid looked like. (Keep in mind that the spriest, lock, monk and boomie were the only ones going down so theirs are skewed a bit.)

That being said, I'm not a fan of being a 3 minute champion. But it's not all bad.

Can't post a link =.= don't have enough posts apparently

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    It's way too early to follow WoL averages. We need to give it some time for the numbers to actually average out. For example, there are going to be less monks right now than any other class because of the work to level (or RaF) a new class to 90. Not to mention that RaFing a character to 90 doesn't take into consideration professions. The profession stat boosts are significant, but even more so professions that can craft you some gear. I haven't played a Ret Pally yet (in fact I'm not currently subbed, although I know I will by the end of the week) but I do think it's too early to judge.
    Not to mention those who got lucky with Sha of anger and galleon and got a 3-4 epics from that alone and some BoE's here and there ( Not everyone can afford multiple BoE's for 80k+ per slot), difference can be quite huge between classes and between Specs itself as welll. Until we're a few weeks in, everyone is familiar with the encounters and everyone is more or less equally geared we can't tell what is good and what is bad.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagittary View Post
    So, I haven't been able to log recently because my mobo is on its last legs and it freaks when I start to log for some reason. But ret is quite good really. In the closest thing to a patchwerk fight we have right now (Gara'jal) here's what my raid looked like. (Keep in mind that the spriest, lock, monk and boomie were the only ones going down so theirs are skewed a bit.)

That being said, I'm not a fan of being a 3 minute champion. But it's not all bad.

Can't post a link =.= don't have enough posts apparently
    That fight is nothing close to patchwerk we don't really have one right now, However topping meters on a fight where you got to tunnel the boss and others didn't doesn't prove much and on top of that comparing player skill for all classes Ret is nearly at the bottom. Just because you are a solid player and play with mediocre players does not mean the class is good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?