Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Bots - Out of hand now?

Direct links if images are not showing up:

http://postimage.org/image/jro7eb8b5/
    http://postimage.org/image/stsgwqdlx/

The above are just 2 out of many, many images I have taken showing how ridiculously out of hand bots are.

The first image is of me standing among a whole horde team (15 bots) and them not doing jack to me. A whole 100% of a team botting? Nice.

The second image shows a WSG where the alliance bots had broken and they were just being aoed down at the graveyard.

I have never been more annoyed at a game than right now - why should I bother doing this tedious grind over again to 90 when I could spend a few quid, go to sleep, and wake up 90 with no effort other than setting up the bot in the first place.

What is Blizzard playing at? Why don't they ban them? People say they ban in waves, but it's got worse - there used to be at least 1 person I could talk to in a BG that wasnt botting, maybe even several. Now It's literally spot the human being. It's retarded. And it's bullshit to the legit players. What gives?
    Last edited by mmoc8e67d515d8; 2012-10-09 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpal11 View Post
    What is Blizzard playing at? Why don't they ban them? People say they ban in waves, but it's got worse - there used to be at least 1 person I could talk to in a BG that wasnt botting, maybe even several. Now It's literally spot the human being. It's retarded. And it's bullshit to the legit players. What gives?
    Its because Blizzard is taking kickbacks from the gold sellers. Either that or they ARE the gold sellers. No other explanation makes sense.

If they wanted to, they could EASILY shut down botting just by simple in game steps. They wouldn't even have to fight legal battles against the sellers or websites or anything, they could just make it so unprofitable that they all shut down.

If they wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    they could EASILY shut down botting just by simple in game steps
    Please indulge?

How to fix botting in BGs:

Battlegrounds no longer award EXP for wins or losses.

Quote Originally Posted by abovebeyond View Post
    How to fix botting in BGs:

Battlegrounds no longer award EXP for wins or losses.
    then you never heard of hk/hp farming did you? why els are there botter in the 90 bg?

/edit and you if they did that i would stop playing right away. because i'm not going to be punished because of some stupid bot.
    Last edited by loki504; 2012-10-09 at 06:28 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You took your name out and left everyone else's name there?Nice.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Easy, introduce participation points, a system not too different from SW:ToR's medals. You never see a bot there, simply because you actually have to do stuff to get rewards in bgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Easy, introduce participation points, a system not too different from SW:ToR's medals. You never see a bot there, simply because you actually have to do stuff to get rewards in bgs.
    and there tons of bots that can actualy do stuff. there is a bot that will grab the wsg flag and bring it back to there base.
    and the reason there are no bots for SW:ToR is because no1 plays it:P

and there are bots for SW:ToR. just use your local search friend. with one with in 5 min.
    Last edited by loki504; 2012-10-09 at 06:35 AM.

Because they are paying customers. Have you heard how subscriptions dwindled in Runescape after their "bot-nuking" day? Granted WoW is not so monotone to play. But still people would whine that WoW is dying with 1/5 of subscriptions gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah... I'm beginning to think the bots have found a way to bypass or hack the report AFK option as well, reporting does jack now.
    You'd think after so many Blizzard would actually found a way to auto-detect & prevent (or instant ban) bots in-game.
    Time to update that Warden program eh?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Deleted
    Well, there are limited resources at blizzard implementing cheatdetections and there are hundreds and thousands of people in the world, that have time to work against them. Those implementing bots don't do that because they don't want to grind themself, they do it because they can and its a challenge. They will always be one step away from those hunting them.
    Go up to the bots forums and follow their discussion. There are several ban waves, banning the bot-accounts, but it mostly doesn't needs more than some days, before a new, undetected version is released. Those, who use it for fun, will just get another account, those who use it for professional farming, just use the next stolen account :-(

So you are saying you are botting?

"a whole horde team (15 bots) and them not doing jack to me. A whole 100% of a team botting? Nice."

There is 15 man in an EotS, so you must have been botting aswell! :O
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Yeah... I'm beginning to think the bots have found a way to bypass or hack the report AFK option as well, reporting does jack now.
    You'd think after so many Blizzard would actually found a way to auto-detect & prevent (or instant ban) bots in-game.
    Time to update that Warden program eh?
    Doesn't the debuff for getting reported go away if you attack something though? That's the only reason that mass reporting it afk doesn't work, they run from point to point and attack things.

Bottom line though is there always has been bots, and there always will be bots.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pj4ever View Post

"a whole horde team (15 bots) and them not doing jack to me. A whole 100% of a team botting? Nice."

Yeah, 'cause there's just one team.

Deleted
    So you want to pay money so you wont have to play a game which you pay money to play?? It doesn't make much sense does it?

Deleted

You know there are 2 teams in the game right ? Also your own team rarily does jack to you

Deleted

I don't follow. Why would he be boting if he saw other bots?

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I don't follow. Why would he be boting if he saw other bots?
    Because he didn't look at either picture and thinks that the OP is horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizzelbar View Post
    Because they are paying customers. Have you heard how subscriptions dwindled in Runescape after their "bot-nuking" day? Granted WoW is not so monotone to play. But still people would whine that WoW is dying with 1/5 of subscriptions gone.
    lol...they are paying customers.....so you enter mcdonalds buy food and start yelling that is rotten and since you are paying customer they are not going to kick you out?

since you prolly bot and defend boters maybe you cannot understand but bots are ruining random bgs. not only last few weeks but since cata and blizzard isnt doing anything about it.

easy solution is to get offical bot that will be inculeded in the price of a sub and you just farm whatever you need. simple as that. if they want only paying customers. cus this way they are going to lose the few honest paying custoerms but ofc busssines is bussines

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Its because Blizzard is taking kickbacks from the gold sellers. Either that or they ARE the gold sellers. No other explanation makes sense.

If they wanted to, they could EASILY shut down botting just by simple in game steps. They wouldn't even have to fight legal battles against the sellers or websites or anything, they could just make it so unprofitable that they all shut down.

If they wanted to.
    Conspiracy theorist right there.

Shouldn't expect something else with your sig though. Lol comparing JB to WoW is a disgrace to WoW. Big time.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 10:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    lol...they are paying customers.....so you enter mcdonalds buy food and start yelling that is rotten and since you are paying customer they are not going to kick you out?

since you prolly bot and defend boters maybe you cannot understand but bots are ruining random bgs. not only last few weeks but since cata and blizzard isnt doing anything about it.

easy solution is to get offical bot that will be inculeded in the price of a sub and you just farm whatever you need. simple as that. if they want only paying customers. cus this way they are going to lose the few honest paying custoerms but ofc busssines is bussines
    So many bots... yet there is 1 thread about it. Means it's not big deal. The Pandaren had more threads whining about them.