10+ Year Old Account

Relic of xuen BiS tank trinket?

askmrrobot.com is telling me that the Strength darkmoon trinket is best in slot for tanking, happening to anyone else or did i misclick and autochange it myself? or is it really that good for us?

10+ Year Old Account
    Strength will increase damage done (obviously), and have a big effect on parry, so it is certainly not useless but I can't imagine it's better than tank-specific proc trinkets with mastery or stamina.

askmrrobot is having some bizarre kinks they're working on.

It was telling my friends shadowpriest to enchant expertise the other day.

As always when using a tool such as this, use some judgement, don't just take what it says and move on.

Also, reporting the bug on their forums would help the tool improve.

Deleted
    askmrrobot tells me completely all the wrong things for my druid tank. it also has completely incorrect stats for me when loaded from armory. it says I should lose 120k hp for 1% dodge...

I would contend that it is quite good, but an actual tank trinket is better. However if your raid groups dps is a bit low, it's certainly worth looking into as the dps requirements in MV are quite tight. Once again, tank dps actually matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post

As always when using a tool such as this, use some judgement, don't just take what it says and move on.

Expertise equals spell hit now. Spriests can use a combination of Hit, Spirit, and Expertise to reach the 15% spell hit cap. This change went live in 5.0.4. I'd say askmrrobot is telling your spriest friend to do exactly what he needs to do. As for tank trinkets, make sure your stat weights are correct. Their default stat weights are a little all over the place and I've had friends have problems trying to save them on Internet Explorer.

Quote Originally Posted by contigi View Post
    Spriests can use a combination of Hit, Spirit, and Expertise to reach the 15% spell hit cap.
    Exactly, casters can reforge to expertise on an item with hit on it, giving them a lot of flexibility with their reforging.

Deleted
    It is a decent trinket for tanks yes, but would still prefer a real tank trinket over it.

10+ Year Old Account

Actually, in some cases, if, say, there is no hit or int enchant, for a shadow priest, they WOULD want to enchant Expertise to get to the hit cap, since expertise now also increases spell hit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks guys, figured with the hotfixes on the Ox trinket this couldn't be right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Thanks guys, figured with the hotfixes on the Ox trinket this couldn't be right.
    since when does expertise increase spell hit? have i missed something?

Deleted

expertise counts towards your hitcap, also as a caster. if you're very low on hit this might get you your hitcap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipling View Post
    since when does expertise increase spell hit? have i missed something?
    http://i-cdn.servedbyopenx.com/273/2...aae5a9db26.png

Been like that ever since mists started. The exact same thing with hunters getting expertise aswell

Hey, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. We simulate every trinket for every class to find out if it's best for YOU. Here's a list for frost DKs - if you want a different spec, just swap it in the drop down menu. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/trinke...knightunholy2h

Anyway, all of these suggestions are based on the proc rates and internal cooldowns that we found across the internet. If a trinket does seem a bit off, let us know. It could be that there is new information on proc rates that we need to update.

Obviously, on-use trinkets are easy to model.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    Hey, I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. We simulate every trinket for every class to find out if it's best for YOU. Here's a list for frost DKs - if you want a different spec, just swap it in the drop down menu. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/trinke...knightunholy2h

Anyway, all of these suggestions are based on the proc rates and internal cooldowns that we found across the internet. If a trinket does seem a bit off, let us know. It could be that there is new information on proc rates that we need to update.

Obviously, on-use trinkets are easy to model.
    We're discussing blood, though. Overall, that trinket isn't worth much for a blood (tank), DK.

I'm not sure why you would be using a sim model for tanking though. Even at the end of Cata, there wasn't really any easy way to math out the DK tanks besides "Stack Mastery, lololol". But looking at the forums, there wasn't a lot of simple math behind it.

The zone drop in MSV is awesome, static STA and on use Mastery, follow that up with the other DMF trinket, or something else with static Stamina.

tank dps matters now, incoming endless loot drama and QQ over who gets str. trinkets and gear.

The reason we sim the trinkets is to find total uptime for the procs. For example, with Stuff of Nightmares, we want to know the average uptime for the dodge proc. So we take the proc chance, duration (in this case 20 seconds), and find out how much you really get from it. In this case, we found you get 1241 dodge on average from the proc from Stuff of Nightmares. So then when you load your character and input stat weights, we apply your stat weight for dodge to the dodge you get from this trinket

The other reason simming it for each class and spec is important is that each spec gets a different use out of it. The biggest case this matters for is on-hit chances. Each class can hit at different rates, so the chance to proc it will be slightly different. For example, Blood DK's get 1241 dodge out of Stuff of Nightmares, but protection warriors get 1250 dodge from it.

Moving on to Relic of Xuen: I don't see that in the BiS list here. What settings are you using? Mr. Robot will give you a BiS set that is customized to your stat weights and other options (like the level of gear you want, racial bonuses, etc).
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion