Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are Motes of Harmony almost useless for me?

Ive got Enchanting and Jewelcrafting and all the only thing i can find a use for these Motes of Harmony is the research for JC.

I see other professions have to spend motes to get gear, and use motes to make gear... but from what i can tell, they are pretty much not needed for either JC or Enchanting.

Is there something im missing?

Since ive found nothing good to use them on, ive just bee turning them in for Cooking Tokens :/

I'd suggest considering turning them in for Golden Lotus instead. On my server, lotus are 300-325g each and you get 3 per Spirit.

At that rate, you can buy any cooking ingredients you need and still have money left over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    Ive got Enchanting and Jewelcrafting and all the only thing i can find a use for these Motes of Harmony is the research for JC.

I see other professions have to spend motes to get gear, and use motes to make gear... but from what i can tell, they are pretty much not needed for either JC or Enchanting.

Is there something im missing?

Since ive found nothing good to use them on, ive just bee turning them in for Cooking Tokens :/

Don't know about you, but one spirit of harmony gives 3 golden lotus, needed for flasks. And you can count on those things to sell ea 200-400 , so thats potentially 600-1200 gold from one spirit of harmony unless your server is dead.

Deleted
    Trade them for Golden Lotus => Make Flasks (skip if no Elixir Master available for free) => Sell them => ??? => Buy Azshara.

Deleted
    Ive got the same problem :/ JC and enchanting and not much to use Spirit of Harmony on.. I was kind of hoping to be able to craft some epic necklaces and rings with JC but nope ._.

buying golden lotus is probably the most efficient use for them,
    you can AH them, use the lotus for flasks if you raid or since you're a jc find a alc friend to transmute some of your trash green gems to blue gems (with the golden lotus)

otherwise, you can just buy ores for milling or enchant mats, but golden lotus is probably the most profitable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimord View Post
    Trade them for Golden Lotus => Make Flasks (skip if no Elixir Master available for free) => Sell them => ??? => Buy Azshara.
    I tried that and it appears she wasn't into that line of work...

Oh shit your talking about the zone aren't you : /

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiematico View Post
    Don't know about you, but one spirit of harmony gives 3 golden lotus, needed for flasks. And you can count on those things to sell ea 200-400 , so thats potentially 600-1200 gold from one spirit of harmony unless your server is dead.
    This, or if you don't want to do this for some reason learning new cuts faster is a good thing, unless you've gotten real lucky and gotten good cuts early on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I tried that and it appears she wasn't into that line of work...

Oh shit your talking about the zone aren't you : /
    Afraid so.
    Seems if you're not "like" Sargeras (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) then she's just not into you.

Monsem - Shadow Priest / Halimath - Prot Paladin / Groundchuk - Elemental Shaman
    [/SIZE]

You could always save them up for the JC mounts =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooooo you don't want a chance to find better gem cuts that you can sell because people don't have cuts yet??

my JC/enchanter is 4th on my list to level but If he was already 90 and was getting motes I would be using everyone to make sure that I didn't get any more pvp power/defense gems....

Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueFW View Post
    Ive got the same problem :/ JC and enchanting and not much to use Spirit of Harmony on.. I was kind of hoping to be able to craft some epic necklaces and rings with JC but nope ._.

This is something i found weird. LW BS and Tailor can make epic items, but jewler cant make epic necks nor rings, why? Not that it would help much to make money since klaxxi valor is very easily achievable but it could give jewlers a little to sell, since right now nothing sells at a decent price except the mounts.

Blue Jewel cuts are stupidly cheap and primal diamonds are as expensive as the meta cuts. Green cuts are selling for 1G... its not evenw orth the time cutting them.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 02:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    Sooooo you don't want a chance to find better gem cuts that you can sell because people don't have cuts yet??

my JC/enchanter is 4th on my list to level but If he was already 90 and was getting motes I would be using everyone to make sure that I didn't get any more pvp power/defense gems....
    Since those cuts you find sell between 10g and 40g after making them... its not really appealing, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post

Since those cuts you find sell between 10g and 40g after making them... its not really appealing, no.
    Right, Until you get one of the gem cuts that actually sells. And the more research you do the better chance of finding something that sells.

Right, Until you get one of the gem cuts that actually sells. And the more research you do the better chance of finding something that sells.

I have most of the cuts, the ones that "sell" are the ones at 40g.

Selling the blue gem uncutted sells better than cuting it right now in most of the cases.

Yeah, not gonna lie. They really tanked JC as a moneymaker this expansion, most of the gold we can make is tied into metas ATM and the real cash comes from the primal diamond transmutes. At least I can still bust up ore to get the gems needed for my mute master to make 'em.

Though honestly I can't complain about money right now, my scribe alts are pulling in huge cash from darkmoon cards...but that won't last past the first tier. I'm hoping JC picks up, it's always been weak at the start of expansions and picks up later.

You have to figure that people in leveling gear have no use for gems as nothing has a socket in it, and the market is so saturated right now from people farming as they leveled. As the month carries on and there are fewer and fewer people with hordes of gems that they are trying to throw on the AH, mixed with more and more people getting heroic blues/LFR gear with gem slots in it, the demand will start to catch back up to the supply.

Getting gem cuts is kinda pointless since perfect green cuts have the same stats as the blue cuts and you learn all those recipes from the trainer... cheaper to do this than use blue gems too.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    Getting gem cuts is kinda pointless since perfect green cuts have the same stats as the blue cuts and you learn all those recipes from the trainer... cheaper to do this than use blue gems too.
    Except perfect cuts are a 1/8 or so chance and no one will be using uncommon gems in their main raid/pvp gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    You could always save them up for the JC mounts =)
    Good luck selling them for much a profit beyond the mat cost. Demand for these mounts will only diminish during the expansion.

As for OP, stick to just buying Golden Lotus. They will have high demand throughout the majority of the expansion unless Blizzard nerfs the mats cost of flasks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trubo View Post
    As for OP, stick to just buying Golden Lotus. They will have high demand throughout the majority of the expansion unless Blizzard nerfs the mats cost of flasks.
    I think they are going to have to increase the supply or when everybody is farming them the increased supply will help the price to tank - it is unsustainable the way it is right now (cost wise) for raiders to run through 3 or 4 Golden Lotus every raid night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    You must have better luck with the perfect green cuts then I do.

two stacks of orange gem for one perfect one. Not even remotely worth it in my book.