Deleted

How do Heroic lockouts work?

I've not focused on PvE since WotLK, but I did a couple of Heroics in Cata. I think I remember dungeons in Cata, and TBC (can't remember WotLK), you could only do them once, and then you got saved for a day. Is this the case in MoP? I ran Temple of the jade serpent twice in one day, and a couple of others twice. I checked my raid lockout information and strangely, only Siege of Nizao Temple and Scarlet halls was there, saying it would be reset tomorrow, but I did a lot of heroics that day.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
    Last edited by mmoccc3932e217; 2012-10-09 at 01:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I've not focused on PvE since WotLK, but I did a couple of Heroics in Cata. I think I remember dungeons in Cata, and TBC (can't remember WotLK), you could only do them once, and then you got saved for a day. Is this the case in MoP? I ran Temple of the jade serpent twice in one day, and a couple of others twice. I checked my raid lockout information and strangely, only Siege of Nizao Temple and Scarlet halls was there, saying it would be reset tomorrow, but I did a lot of heroics that day.

Any thoughts? Thank you.
    You do not get locked when queueing for a random heroic.

Using random heroic with LFG: You can get into any dungeon. Locked or not.
    Using specific heroic with LFG or travelling to it by yourself: You can do it once per day, then it's locked.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    You do not get locked when queueing for a random heroic.
    You do get locked for the random heroic you got after killing a boss.
    So if you want something from a specific dungeon, queue for that one first and hope you get lucky later doing randoms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    You do get locked for the random heroic you got after killing a boss.
    So if you want something from a specific dungeon, queue for that one first and hope you get lucky later doing randoms.
    Sometimes you do, but most of the times you don't.

When we were doing glory of the panda hero we always queued random first in hope of getting a dungeon. We got jade serpent 2 times on random, and afterwards queued specific for it. So you do not get saved if you queue for random, simple as that. You can queue random for a heroic and then do it specific later. I have done it probably 15-20 times in MoP. On 1 or 2 occassions it has bugged however. Not sure what is causing it, but think something about getting new players /zoning in and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    Sometimes you do, but most of the times you don't.

When we were doing glory of the panda hero we always queued random first in hope of getting a dungeon. We got jade serpent 2 times on random, and afterwards queued specific for it. So you do not get saved if you queue for random, simple as that. You can queue random for a heroic and then do it specific later. I have done it probably 15-20 times in MoP. On 1 or 2 occassions it has bugged however. Not sure what is causing it, but think something about getting new players /zoning in and out.
    Guess we found a new feature of "random" dungeon finder then.

Deleted
    Uhm, well I only ever do random, and I get saved to things. Today I did a random and I got scarlet halls, immediately after finishing it I got saved. So, what's the deal?

you do get saved when u are doing random. cant que specific after finishing dungeon on random

Deleted
    Uhm, well I only ever do random, and I get saved to things. Today I did a random and I got scarlet halls, immediately after finishing it I got saved. So, what's the deal?
    That is very weird since I definately do not get saved after doing a random dungeon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hunteromg View Post
    you do get saved when u are doing random. cant que specific after finishing dungeon on random
    So you can do as many randoms as you want?
    But you can only do it once on specific, and if you do a heroic on a random, you can't do it on specific?

I wonder then, if you do it on specific first, if you are stopped from doing it on random.

So you can do as many randoms as you want?
    But you can only do it once on specific, and if you do a heroic on a random, you can't do it on specific?

I wonder then, if you do it on specific first, if you are stopped from doing it on random.
    you can do it countless times on random. if you do it first on specific you can do it on random. most ppl do that in when they are after some loot. and yes you can do it only once per day on specific