Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    No, you won´t have to do these dailies FOREVER. Most of the VP items don´t even require full rep. And I got my bags full with these bloody charms so i´m already fully decked out FOR MONTHS. And i just don´t get people complainig about having something to do. Would you prefer sitting in shrine all day long? Jeez.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Well shit, if you want to be a smart ass about it, there are 303 separate ways to gather charms.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=90458/le...#reward-from-q
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Like if I have one day to play for 8 hours and then another day for 2 I'm really loosing out. You remember when they changed dungeons so you could run them 7 at a time or 7 whenever you liked in the week? That was great. That was flexibility. They reverted that change to oddly enough.
    This was indeed great; I really don't know why they changed this.
    With dailies, you have to log on every day and play at least the amount of time it takes to finish those dailies.

I really don't get it why the philosphy changed on this.

To me it looks like someone know things aren't good and at the same time he doesn't know what the solution is and is just trying (trial and error) too see what works. It shows lack of vision.
    Last edited by Synstir; 2012-10-09 at 01:26 PM.

Deleted
    I think that there are really two major flaws in all this firstly its seems that most players are unhappy with the number of dailies and feel forced to do them, even if that is true or not that is the feeling most players have towards them. Secondly blizz introduced/repackaged the daily as a way for us to learn more about a faction we were grinding rep for rather than putting on a tabard. The second point they have failed with for me personally, I have no feeling towards any of these factions other than a desire to hit exalted so I don't have to do the dailies anymore. The real issue though, is that blizz stated dailies would be just one of the ways that we can progress a character and that we could pick and choose dailies, this does not seem to be the case. An actual fix to this would be to up the number of charms you can get and cap the dailies again. Even so this has been an unpopular design decision, I do not see it as something that will stay in further patches throughout the extent of this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    First of all, where are they when they do the daily quests? That's right, out in the world. So I would say they succeeded quite well with that. Secondly, why would you go to Orgrimmar? All the MoP vendors are in Pandaria, if anything the Horde/Alliance Pandaria base. Thirdly, you do get rewards from Heroics, I got 466 Item level on my lock and that's more than enough to enter normal mode raiding. Fourth: Valor points can be spent even if you don't get rep, it will be possible to use to upgrade your gear's item level further.

So these events would work something like daily quests..? You go to them once per day... and complete a task?
    Really so Blizzard gutted the reward system they had in place for 5 years so they could get people into the world for like 30 minutes worth of dailies. You've got to be kidding me. No they don't just want people out in the world they want people to STAY out in the world. Not for brief periods of activity. I got to org because it's where my hearth is set. I mean the location isn't relevant. I could hearth back to two moons and afk there. Who fucking cares where I afk? I'm not out there because the daily content isn't enough to keep me out in the world for long enough. You get crap from heroics at least by relative measure to what you used to get. The total amount of jp and vp has been nerfed and jp gear isn't as good as it was (relatively speaking) in cataclysm and VP gear needs dailies. Yea I heard about their system. Look it's an interesting idea but I'm not convinced I'll be satisfied with it. Upgrading is nice but buying gear is still a much more rewarding feeling. I mean I've had these one pair of shoulders for a week or so now and upgrading is better than not but whats best is getting a new item that's an upgrade. Apparently that's just to much to ask of Blizzard and to much to ask to be done in some reasonable fucking time frame. I mean assuming I do have every rep farmed up, the way valor is gated I'll have ever valor piece in dec-jan probably later than that I ddidn't cap valor last week it takes far to long in dungeons. OH YEA about that...

No they would work like rift events. They would just be random happenings that occurred and provided rewards for people that participated in them. They wouldn't be daily or any thing like that. You could fly around the zone looking for them at your hearts content. Again that's just one idea I came up with over dinner and is more or less lifted from another game. I'm not a game designer by any means nor do I feel particularly qualified to tell Blizzard what's to do specifically. I do however think dailies are not very creative on their part.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-09 at 01:28 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

I love the guys complaining about a whole 45 daily quests a week. You realise that by time you hit exalted with all your Panda Factions, you will be MONTHS ahead on your Lesser Charm Turnins.

45 dailys a week. That is less then 2 days of dailys under the old "25 per day" Cap which was removed.

hell, I missed the first week turnin (launch week), and turned in my second one, and i already have THREE weeks worth of Lesser charms stacked up waiting to be turned in. And I still havent even hit revered with Golden lotus (so have no access to Shadow Pan / August Celestial Factions), or revered with Klaxxi or exalted with Tillers.

If having to do a minimum of approx 45 dailys over a 7 day span is too much for you, I really dont know what you are bitching about, since actual Raiding (you know, the stuff that drops the stuff you spend the greater charms on) usually requires more effort.

Not to mention that it isnt like you are not going to do dailys ANYWAY, since they are a nice, easy, INFINITE source of cash.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Not to mention that it isnt like you are not going to do dailys ANYWAY, since they are a nice, easy, INFINITE source of cash.
    Actually I think that needs to be buffed. In TBC dailies were lucrative. Now I make money easily without them. Ghost Iron Ore still sells really well, in fact if I just farmed nothing but the ore I'd make more money then if i stopped to run dailies. Same for trillium. If I were gonna fuck with the dailies I would simply remove the gear from them and the enchants to. Add more mounts and pets and vanity crap and jack up the gold you get from doing them.

If dailies are such good content for getting people out in the world let's let them stand on their own without the need for the obvious carrots. Somehow I doubt any of you think they would perform that function well without the carrots and Blizzard is smart enough to realize this as well.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-09 at 01:32 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Really so Blizzard gutted the reward system they had in place for 5 years so they could get people into the world for like 30 minutes worth of dailies. You've got to be kidding me. No they don't just want people out in the world they want people to STAY out in the world. Not for brief periods of activity. I got to org because it's where my hearth is set. I mean the location isn't relevant. I could hearth back to two moons and afk there. Who fucking cares where I afk? I'm not out there because the daily content isn't enough to keep me out in the world for long enough. You get crap from heroics at least by relative measure to what you used to get. The total amount of jp and vp has been nerfed and jp gear isn't as good as it was (relatively speaking) in cataclysm and VP gear needs dailies. Yea I heard about their system. Look it's an interesting idea but I'm not convinced I'll be satisfied with it. Upgrading is nice but buying gear is still a much more rewarding feeling. I mean I've had these one pair of shoulds for a week or so now and upgrading is better than not but whats best is getting a new item that's an upgrade.

No they would work like rift events. They would just be random happenings that occurred and provided rewards for people that participated in them. They wouldn't be daily or any thing like that. You could fly around the zone looking for them at your hearts content. Again that's just one idea I came up with over dinner and is more or less lifted from another game. I'm not a game designer by any means nor do I feel particularly qualified to tell Blizzard what's to do specifically. I do however think dailies are not very creative on their part.
    I think it's great that the HC rewards aren't too strong, they serve their purpose as a stepping stone into raiding since that's what they are. Also 30 minutes is an understatement for the time it takes if you wish to complete all the dailies, and hell 30 minutes out in the world per day is a lot better than 0 minutes out in the world per month as it was in cata. Hell with Have Group Will Travel people were even too lazy to travel to the freaking raid entrance! I'm so glad people finally actually have to do something to gain something.

And about the rift events, I suppose that could work but it would have to give out some form of notification of when it was going to happen, and happen fairly regularly as people seem to want something they can log on and do at pretty much any time of the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with this design. Feels like good old vanilla. Grinding and stuff.
    Exalted feels something that you work for, not just get casually for running dungeons.
    I liked BC model where you had to run certain dungeons for certain reputations, but I feel like questing is the way to go. So I'm happy and hope this kind of gameplay stays.

Deleted
    This place is hilarious. People are being so argumentative for the sake of arguing anything and everything. How can you possibly consider it a good thing that players are forced to do 45 dailies every week if they want to be optimized raiders? It's such an absurdity, especially in an expansion where the main selling point is that you have different ways to accomplish your goals.

I know for a fact that two of the larger raid guilds on my server demand that their progression raiders use all their charms. Charms are not particularly optional, it's not like there's no consequence for not doing it. I guess using gems and enchants is also optional -- what if the only way to get these was by spending eight hours a week fishing? How would it have been received if you could get +10 to all your need rolls in dungeons by crafting 300 mithril shield spikes per week? It's the same concept. A highly tedious activity, completely and utterly unrelated to what it gives you, and it doesn't accomplish any purpose that actually benefits the game.

Maybe you don't mind doing dailies over and over and over again forever -- quite a lot of people obviously do. How can you say that it's a good thing that they have no other option? It's not like we're asking for PvP gear without PvPing or demanding max blacksmithing without having to obtain the materials. There's no natural correlation between daily quests and raiding. There's no point to daily quests. The only reason they used to be acceptable is that there was an end in sight.

In fact, considering the state of things, it's detrimental to the game. Have you tried doing these dailies on a crowded server? It can take forever. It's such an unappealing task. Blizzard did nothing - in fact they took five steps backwards - when it comes to improving the social aspect of this game by making sure that the existence of other players doesn't hurt you. This daily quest where I have to kill 30 spirits in Kun-Lai Summit easily takes 20 minutes on Draenor because there's fifty players trying to do it. I have to do shit like this 45 times a week. It certainly makes me question why I pay for that privilege.

The charms were created for the sole purpose of being an extra incentive to do dailies. There's no reason to make them obtainable elsewhere. You'll just be doing dailies for charms in the same way that you'd do a dungeon for VP or JP - it's not like the VP system itself wasn't already forcing you to repeat old content again and again to stay ahead of the curve.

If anything, they need to add something to do with excess charms. You can only exchange 90 lesser charms a week which, if you've been doing all the dailies available, means you probably have a several weeks worth of unusable lesser charms right now. They're totally useless outside of the 90-per-week turnin. My suggestion for a solution would be adding the ability to turn them in more than once per week, with each turnin within a week becoming more expensive; for example, the first takes 90, the second takes 120, the third takes 150, etc. Come the weekly reset, it's back down to 90 for the week's first turnin. Rinse and repeat. This has the added bonus of getting people to do more than the bare minimum of dailies once reputation is no longer a factor.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2012-10-09 at 01:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I think it's great that the HC rewards aren't too strong, they serve their purpose as a stepping stone into raiding since that's what they are. Also 30 minutes is an understatement for the time it takes if you wish to complete all the dailies, and hell 30 minutes out in the world per day is a lot better than 0 minutes out in the world per month as it was in cata. Hell with Have Group Will Travel people were even too lazy to travel to the freaking raid entrance! I'm so glad people finally actually have to do something to gain something.

And about the rift events, I suppose that could work but it would have to give out some form of notification of when it was going to happen, and happen fairly regularly as people seem to want something they can log on and do at pretty much any time of the day.
    Yea you get a notification in rift IIRC. It's on the map when shit goes down and you can see. It was neat I really liked it. Made the world feel alive because stuff was always happening. It made me want to see what was happening rewards or not because surprise surprise look at that shit. The rewards were there to actually but it wasn't a compulsion. Dailies are a compulsion I feel.

I dislike that HC rewards aren't to strong. As someone who only casually raids the best way for me to gear was through JP and VP. Those are out the toilet right now or made extremely difficult and obnoxious. I don't see why. If dailies are so good at getting people out to do stuff then they don't need to have obvious carrots associated with them. The simple truth is that they aren't and this is evidence by the fact that as soon as people finish they hearth back to wherever. 30 minutes is better but do you honestly believe their statement about getting people back into the world was specifically meant to say for only brief bursts of activity at a time. We lost the excellent reward system we had all those years and accomplished very little of Blizzards actual goal I feel.

I was running golden lotus dailies. I saw two alliance fight two hordes. I could have participated spent more time in the world. Instead I kept flying, finished my daily quests and went back to org. The world itself isn't very compelling I"m afraid and dailies don't make it any more so.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-09 at 01:37 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Dailies is a great way to pretend there is content.
    You create a set of dailies and that's it. Players just have to repeat it, each and every day. After a few weeks they will get some items or maybe not even the items but the right to spend gold on items or vp on items.

There is no content but it still takes weeks and weeks to complete and earn the right to buy something.
    So I don't find them creative nor do I find them challenging nor do they represent some brilliant designing. But yeah we have something to do for weeks and weeks.

Patch 5.1 will bring more dailies :-)

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can do ALL the daily quests in one hour 10 or 15 minutes.

It's caleld effort, you put it to get something you like...

10+ Year Old Account
    double post.
    Last edited by Rigsy; 2012-10-09 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You can do ALL the daily quests in one hour 10 or 15 minutes.

It's caleld effort, you put it to get something you like...
    Then it's not very good for getting people to stay out in the world is it. They just get it done with as soon as they can. The really dumb part is the gating behind shado pan and fucking celestials. I mean I could have alot more dailies to do right now but until I get that rep with golden lotus...

In any event this entire fucking system is so ham fisted and punitive. I mean I had a way I liked to play the game but it's just not rewarding enough anymore so I basically have to play it Blizzards way because it's the closest thing to what I used to have. It irks my natural resistance to authority and just going with the flow.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-09 at 01:41 PM.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    This place is hilarious. People are being so argumentative for the sake of arguing anything and everything. How can you possibly consider it a good thing that players are forced to do 45 dailies every week if they want to be optimized raiders? It's such an absurdity, especially in an expansion where the main selling point is that you have different ways to accomplish your goals.

I know for a fact that two of the larger raid guilds on my server demand that their progression raiders use all their charms. Charms are not particularly optional, it's not like there's no consequence for not doing it. I guess using gems and enchants is also optional -- what if the only way to get these was by spending eight hours a week fishing? How would it have been received if you could get +10 to all your need rolls in dungeons by crafting 300 mithril shield spikes per week? It's the same concept. A highly tedious activity, completely and utterly unrelated to what it gives you, and it doesn't accomplish any purpose that actually benefits the game.

Maybe you don't mind doing dailies over and over and over again forever -- quite a lot of people obviously do. How can you say that it's a good thing that they have no other option? It's not like we're asking for PvP gear without PvPing or demanding max blacksmithing without having to obtain the materials. There's no natural correlation between daily quests and raiding. There's no point to daily quests. The only reason they used to be acceptable is that there was an end in sight.

In fact, considering the state of things, it's detrimental to the game. Have you tried doing these dailies on a crowded server? It can take forever. It's such an unappealing task. Blizzard did nothing - in fact they took five steps backwards - when it comes to improving the social aspect of this game by making sure that the existence of other players doesn't hurt you. This daily quest where I have to kill 30 spirits in Kun-Lai Summit easily takes 20 minutes on Draenor because there's fifty players trying to do it. I have to do shit like this 45 times a week. It certainly makes me question why I pay for that privilege.
    You do know that the chances of getting extra loot from the elder coins is quite low right? And there is a limit to 3 per week? Also, "How can you possibly consider it a good thing that players are forced to do 45 dailies every week if they want to be optimized raiders?" You want to be as prepared as you can possibly be, without putting any form of effort into it?... 45 dailys per week is nothing! That's about 6.4 dailies per day, which takes what? 10 minutes? You have to spend an entire amount of 10 minutes to be optimized for raiding, to have an extra but still very slim chance of getting loot? And you complain over that? Really? Get over yourself...

If there are a lot of other players doing the same dailies you do you can do three things:
    1: Go do some other dailies, there are a LOT to choose from, especially if you only need to do 6 of them.
    2: Wait and do something else while they clear up.
    3: Go to a less populated server, you play on a high/full populated server and you're surprised there are other people around? O.o
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2012-10-09 at 01:43 PM.

Dailies can't be called 'effort'; it really doesn't take any effort to do them.
    yreah, you put in time, but that is different then effort.

Not everybody has the time to log on everyday.
    Not everybody has a few hours to play, when they log on.

pls, if it is not too hard, combine both things here above too see why this is a very bad design.

Eh. The only reason I have a problem with dailies now is because I feel so weak doing them; it just takes so damn long for things to die. I suppose that when I get better gear I'll hate them a bit less.

Deleted
    On my server it can take over two hours to do the dailies and that is in a group, I raid and honestly I didn't really sign up to do dailies all the time. I was doing the tillers quests on Sunday and it was the goat meat quest, I kid (no pun intended) you not there was over 60 people camping one goat spawn point. Bottom line its not fun and in the end isn't the fun thing why we pay blizz?