Thread: Elegon...

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    So you did numerous pulls on 25man, got to know all the mechanics of the fight well and then went in with 15 less players who could screw up/choke and got the kill?

I bet it was easier

I have no idea what you are talking about here, im currently not raiding loving the game tho.. but are people complaining about fights being to hard? We are a week into MOP and people are already complaining... this makes me cry... of lets say people cry me a river... cmon man. If ur that dedicated on clearing raid's u better come prepared, run hc's read tacs and give it alot of tries and hard work. Its about time blizz made raids harder, and if you dont get it now perhaps normal mode just doesnt cut it for your guild atm. LFR is going to be released perhaps try there clear and gear up and try after that.

My housemate wiped the entire evening on Elegon, and he was super hyped about the fact that it was hard to do. And yeah he is a BC player... says alot when he was really hyped about a fight!

Just relax people, you will get there just dont expect things to be that easy like cata raids where...

<3

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a 200k wipe on him yesterday.
    And a social playing his alts offspec to help us fill our group. So not pulling the numbers needed.

I could feel my heart break.

Dps check is really tight. You can't carry dps and expect to kill it.

8% wipe in 25man and couple of 1% wipes in 10man. =/
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post
    Logic fallacies of relevance: learn what they are and you will become a much better less awful person in the way you talk to people!
    Cool, you learned something at school?

He said he needed to stack classes which is just not true for this fight. I talked to them like this because they are complaining over a boss being too hard on the first evening it's released and are making up excuses. It might be overtuned for normals or not. No reason to come up with excuses why it should be nerfed. Apparently class stacking is not needed, if it was then it should get nerfed. Also benching your melee has nothing to do with the fight but only with the competence of your dps. There is not just one comp that can beat it.

A gear check? If you don't reforge/gem/enchant and try to get proper gear then yes it's a gear check. It's really not bad to gear up another week and then kill it or to improve your tactics and try the next time instead of clearing everything in one evening.

Logic fallacies of relevance? What I just said is completely true since other groups have killed him with different comps. When multiple people keep commenting with nonsens than yes I get a little rude, so what? If you can't be bothered to listen to good arguments then I can't be bothered to talk nice to you.

Anyway, complaining like this after just a few days really makes you look bad. It's ridiculous. Like it's so horrible to try a little longer or harder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by splinternz View Post
    So you did numerous pulls on 25man, got to know all the mechanics of the fight well and then went in with 15 less players who could screw up/chokse and got the kill?

I bet it was easier
    Dps requirements were simply a lot easier. It is a number thing since 10m simply requires less dps to kill it. If they nerfed 25m by 10% or buffed the 10 m version by 10% both would have equal difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    It'S ridiciculous. We didn't down him in 25m, best try was 3% and it was very hard to get there. After that, we went 10m - and it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo easy. Really every aspect of the fight is a lot easier in 10m.

I thought they wanted to balance more 25m friendly, but it looks like they totally hate 25m raids. Wonder if we could have saved so much hard work if we simply did everything in 10m.
    From the sound of things, you could have saved a lot of hard work if you replaced the bad members of your 25 man guild, or stopped trying to bloat 10 into a 25 with filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    No.

On topic, I'm perfectly comfortable downing only 4 bosses on the first week. And having to farm a little and practice the boss before finishing it. Some people are shocked they won't be clearing normal monde on the first week and it's understandable. I admit I'm surprised too, but I very much welcome this change of the normal mode difficulty.
    I agree with this. We spent 3h wiping yesterday and got him to 50% in our best try. We only managed 3 sets of sparks, so we need to increase dps, which probably means another week or two of farming and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Deleted
    lol we was doing 7 stack on the first and 3-4 on the 2nd...

We killed it with 13 stacks in total and missed enrage by about sub 10 seconds

I think next time we go with 10 stacks

and miss the enrage by a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post

No you wasn't. Maximum 6 waves of sparks comes out. Even if you kill all 6 waves boss enters phase 3.
    91 lvl Elit Alcoholic Ирез

Quote Originally Posted by T Man View Post

Lieing is bad! Esp when you look a bit silly since what you are claiming isn't possible within then mechanics.

when we were progressing on him we had 2 0% wipes(5k health, and 50k) lol. we just killed 4 and 4 then stacked up and burned.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Quote Originally Posted by valiorik View Post
    No you wasn't. Maximum 6 waves of sparks comes out. Even if you kill all 6 waves boss enters phase 3.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZKz1UF57Qw&feature=plcp 13 stacks of debuff, 7th wave comming out at roughly 4:00 into the video. Please, research things before you state them as fact - you probably just weren't able to kill the 6th wave of adds before they hit the pillar. Remember, the debuff isn't applied when your raid finishes off all sparks - it's applied when elegon sends the sparks OUT, which means that the amount of stacks he has is equal to the amount of waves summoned.

Killed him last night with 20 seconds left before the enrage. We managed to bypass a Celestial Protector in the second phase with better DPS, which really made the difference in the end. Got 4 waves of Energy Charges in both cycles and didn't look back.

Logs for anyone curious: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5178&e=5727

I really, really enjoy this fight. It's tightly tuned, doesn't have any terrible RNG mechanics, and it was one of those damn satisfying kills.

Deleted
    Am I the only one for found this fight rather trivial? sure we wiped about 10 times to it, but that was really just people messing up big time, one of our first pulls were a 2.5% wipe. turning up with only me (MT) and the GM(shadowpriest) knowing tactics, all it took for us to get the kill was to decide to go for the 4th set of adds in each phase.

If you found Gara (Troll Boss) a DPS check, you're going to suffer at the hands of this boss. His DPS timer is extremely tight, and even the healers need to do some DPS to help along! So far, this is the equivalent of Spine Heroic 0% Nerf! Perfect execution, is essential!

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    OT: Fight is pretty overtuned, but doable obviously.
    Fight isn't really overtuned if almost 400 guilds in the US alone killed it in the first week. Some people just don't play as well as others and that is okay. Just do normal again and get more loot. Everyone is in 463's the first week yet everyone acts like they should kill it. This isn't DS with 30% debuff. Just accept that your group needs more gear. The next week on him you would have a lot more gear from killing first 4 bosses which could make up the difference in skill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacebot View Post
    Am I the only one for found this fight rather trivial? sure we wiped about 10 times to it, but that was really just people messing up big time, one of our first pulls were a 2.5% wipe. turning up with only me (MT) and the GM(shadowpriest) knowing tactics, all it took for us to get the kill was to decide to go for the 4th set of adds in each phase.
    You aren't the only one. I'm laughing hysterically at the people claiming they wiped for 3 hours and only got to 50%.

It took us about 45 minutes - think it was the 5th attempt.

It isn't tightly tuned...granted, I'm raiding with roughly the same crew that killed M'uru pre-nerf. We know a thing or two about beating well-tuned encounters.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    You aren't the only one. I'm laughing hysterically at the people claiming they wiped for 3 hours and only got to 50%.

It took us about 45 minutes - think it was the 5th attempt.

It isn't tightly tuned...granted, I'm raiding with roughly the same crew that killed M'uru pre-nerf. We know a thing or two about beating well-tuned encounters.
    Wow, you boys sure steamrolled that boss. Tell us more about how easy it was, it's very intriguing.

Deleted
    Toxigen... Your comment helps noone "look at me, look at me - I am the baws, and so are my friends".
    I dont care really. Obviously someone is having a hard time killing the boss. You might aswell wanna share some of your brilliant ideas instead of telling everyone how stupid and silly they are.

I dont have a clue about the difficulty of the fight, since we will have our first try tonight.
    I liked the difficulty of the first 4 fights. Its nice that you need at least some brain now compared to DS.
    I am excited about this fight! It seems like its quite a bottleneck.