Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Yea you get a notification in rift IIRC. It's on the map when shit goes down and you can see. It was neat I really liked it. Made the world feel alive because stuff was always happening. It made me want to see what was happening rewards or not because surprise surprise look at that shit. The rewards were there to actually but it wasn't a compulsion. Dailies are a compulsion I feel.

I dislike that HC rewards aren't to strong. As someone who only casually raids the best way for me to gear was through JP and VP. Those are out the toilet right now or made extremely difficult and obnoxious. I don't see why. If dailies are so good at getting people out to do stuff then they don't need to have obvious carrots associated with them. The simple truth is that they aren't and this is evidence by the fact that as soon as people finish they hearth back to wherever. 30 minutes is better but do you honestly believe their statement about getting people back into the world was specifically meant to say for only brief bursts of activity at a time. We lost the excellent reward system we had all those years and accomplished very little of Blizzards actual goal I feel.

I was running golden lotus dailies. I saw two alliance fight two hordes. I could have participated spent more time in the world. Instead I kept flying, finished my daily quests and went back to org. The world itself isn't very compelling I"m afraid and dailies don't make it any more so.
    I highly doubt Blizzard, or any MMO for that matter will ever be able to come up with a flawless system that can always keep the players busy out in the world with something to do, unless dungeons/raid/battlegrounds take place there.

And it really doesn't take that long to gear up through HC's even if you can only play a couple of hours per day... Blizzard as started to give less gear for no effort again, a trend that started mostly in Wrath, a trend I'm glad to see be lessened, even if it's still there. (LFR)

Well MoP has no end game apart from pet battles.
    They have to do it to keep those subscriber numbers up.

Actually I think that needs to be buffed. In TBC dailies were lucrative. Now I make money easily without them. Ghost Iron Ore still sells really well, in fact if I just farmed nothing but the ore I'd make more money then if i stopped to run dailies. Same for trillium. If I were gonna fuck with the dailies I would simply remove the gear from them and the enchants to. Add more mounts and pets and vanity crap and jack up the gold you get from doing them.
    Lol, sure. If wowhead is correct, 90% of the dailys pay out almost 140 gold EACH, with the odd one clocking in at 90 or something. 140g! And you want them to BUFF that? Gold is already so stupidly easy to come by in this game (and the current dailys practically throw the stuff at you by the bucket load), they really dont need to contribute even more to inflation.

Also, get back to me in a month or so, when the crazy rush on trade goods has stabalized, and prices have come down, and see where we stand on how lucrative gathering professions are. Sure, it is great now, when a stack of ore or herbs goes for 150+ and is faster to gather then doing most dailys. However, considering that i can barely move more then 20 yards in any direction without tripping over a herb or mining node, and it becomes painfully obvious that supply will VERY quickly outstrip demand by a large margin once people are done buying stuff to power their proffs to max level. When that hapens, you will be glad dailys are there to suppliment your income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    You do know that the chances of getting extra loot from the elder coins is quite low right? And there is a limit to 3 per week? Also, "How can you possibly consider it a good thing that players are forced to do 45 dailies every week if they want to be optimized raiders?" You want to be as prepared as you can possibly be, without putting any form of effort into it?... 45 dailys per week is nothing! That's about 6.4 dailies per day, which takes what? 10 minutes? You have to spend an entire amount of 10 mintutes to be optimized for raiding, to have an extra but still very slim chance of getting loot? And you complain over that? Really? Get over yourself...

If there are a lot of other players doing the same dailies you do you can do three things:
    1: Go do some other dailies, there are a LOT to choose from, especially if you only need to do 6 of them.
    2: Wait and do something else while they clear up.
    3: Go to a less populated server, you play on a high/full populated server and you're surprised there are other people around? O.o
    CHOICES... don't do the content. Saying it's a choice it's like saying you have a choice during an armed robbery. Technically yes you can be a hero. It's just the least pleasant alternative is usually not a very good one to pick. Or one that people feel they can pick. I mean if I put a gun to your head and said give me your money you could technically refuse right? I realize it's a bit of a stretch but the point remains when the other option isn't as good people will feel forced to do the best one.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 01:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Lol, sure. If wowhead is correct, 90% of the dailys pay out almost 140 gold EACH, with the odd one clocking in at 90 or something. 140g! And you want them to BUFF that? Gold is already so stupidly easy to come by in this game (and the current dailys practically throw the stuff at you by the bucket load), they really dont need to contribute even more to inflation.

Also, get back to me in a month or so, when the crazy rush on trade goods has stabalized, and prices have come down, and see where we stand on how lucrative gathering professions are. Sure, it is great now, when a stack of ore or herbs goes for 150+ and is faster to gather then doing most dailys. However, considering that i can barely move more then 20 yards in any direction without tripping over a herb or mining node, and it becomes painfully obvious that supply will VERY quickly outstrip demand by a large margin once people are done buying stuff to power their proffs to max level. When that hapens, you will be glad dailys are there to suppliment your income.
    Maybe and in any case it just means dungeons need more buffs. Shit I wish I could make that much money in a dungeon. For now I make more money with ore and shit. I expect it won't drop that much especially people just getting into normal raids and getting patterns to make crap. We'll see.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xothic View Post
    Wat, the daily grind is pretty bad, but if you do all the dailies every day, it takes about 2-3 weeks to hit exaulted with the base factions, and then you only have august celestials and shado pan to do. Added to this, you dont need to do Cloud Serpent, Tillers or Anglers to be raid worthy (Ok tillers is debatable, but feasts are still a thing). So for the first few weeks until you unlock AC and SP, its just Klax and Golden Lotus. While the fucking Golden lotus quests take a while, its no more than half an hour to do both GL and Klax, faster if you grab a guildy or two.

It isnt hard, and it CERTAINLY wont last the whole expansion. It is just people crying because for the first time they have too much to do.
    This is pretty much it. I read the post entirely and well... you don't NEED the charms, all the same you don't NEED vp. Since the raids will end up being nerfed people who don't have charms since they think the dailies are a waste will be able to raid with casuals or pugs.
    To be fair i understand what you mean in your post, but the charms were put in as a little incentive to actually do the dailies, not the other way around. If they gae them away the way you want we would be back in a wrath freebie style, this is an expansion where you can spend all day on wow and be rewarded, or just log on 4 times a week and be good just not on top.

By the time you've got exalted with everything, you'll have enough charms to last for months. Do them for a week and you get hundreds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Dailies can't be called 'effort'; it really doesn't take any effort to do them.
    yreah, you put in time, but that is different then effort.

Not everybody has the time to log on everyday.
    Not everybody has a few hours to play, when they log on.

pls, if it is not too hard, combine both things here above too see why this is a very bad design.
    You don't even need to log on every day, hell you can easily get by even by ignoring dailies completely. The HC gear is easily enough to get into normal raiding or LFR, which will give you the gear you need for heroics.

It is really good design because it was intended for those who do have time but had nothing to spend it on in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Browncat View Post
    On my server it can take over two hours to do the dailies and that is in a group, I raid and honestly I didn't really sign up to do dailies all the time. I was doing the tillers quests on Sunday and it was the goat meat quest, I kid (no pun intended) you not there was over 60 people camping one goat spawn point. Bottom line its not fun and in the end isn't the fun thing why we pay blizz?
    Right, and with several HUNDRED daily quests that will be available by time you are exalted with all your factions (many of which do not require camping things with low spawn / drop rates, or involve the "shared" taggable mobs) you can easily pick and chose what dailys you want to do and still quite easily make 90 tokens in a week.

Deleted
    The one thing I hate about the daily grind is the pathetic amounts of Rep you get with each faction and the linked factions with the golden lotus.

10+ Year Old Account
    The dailies are bullshit, worst design ever.

Wouldn't mind them so much if vp gear wasnt tired to them. Fucking retarded, get vp gear at revered and blues at exalted, so broken and stupid.. World of dailiecarft isnt shaping up to be anything wonderful in my eyes..

Deleted
    You can only carry 10 charms at any time, so it's not like you can stock up months in advance.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noselacri View Post
    I feel like I'm facing a future of perpetual daily quest grinds. Yeah, you can opt not to do it, but everything is dependent on the damned things. It's bad enough getting to revered/exalted with a bunch of them when dailies are the only way to gain rep, it'll take weeks and weeks, but it seems I'll have to keep doing them forever if I want fortune charms.

Who will ever want to be a raider without getting the most out of it? To most players, raiding without their weekly quota of charms is out of the question. It certainly would taint the incentive for me, knowing I'm missing out on probably several raid drops per month just because I'm not grinding freakin' dailies. I expect most guilds will require that their members keep topped up on charms -- why bring a member who isn't getting the most out of the raid if you could bring someone who gets the extra upgrades and thus improves progression? You wouldn't bring someone who doesn't enchant his gear.

The problem is that these dailies are terrible. It's not only a grind, it's an exercise in frustration to try and do the same quest as fifty other players. It's a mob-tagging, ninja-clicking competition. I don't know how I'd be able to do that forever with no end in sight, every day, just so I don't miss out on gear upgrades from an entirely unrelated part of the game.

I think we'll need alternative ways to get these charms. (bolded/underlined because nobody seemed to comprehend that part and selectively read that I want charms for free without doing anything) They should be obtainable with VP and/or CP. I don't feel like I should have to do 45 dailies a week every week for the rest of the time I play WoW. It's just as reasonable to expect people to do dungeons or PvP -- those activities are certainly no less related to the act of raiding, and I expect most players would be a little more enthusiastic about those things than dailies. Whatever the case, I feel like alternatives will be necessary. I certainly will not be doing 45 dailies every week - and more if I want to raid with alts as well - forever. The "for as long as I play WoW" part might just get cut very short if that's how it has to be.
    QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ.

Just sayin'

Don't spam, please. Just sayin'
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-09 at 01:54 PM.

I think the big problem is that people really want the charms, and hate dailies. So, if there was another options for obtaining charms, that would be nice.

Valor points are available through multiple different playstyles. Why not charms?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    By the time you've got exalted with everything, you'll have enough charms to last for months. Do them for a week and you get hundreds.
    What about some of us who don't give a rats ass about the charms, but want to level up a rep? It suddenly becomes a very very demanding job I log in every day to level it up or it takes months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    I highly doubt Blizzard, or any MMO for that matter will ever be able to come up with a flawless system that can always keep the players busy out in the world with something to do, unless dungeons/raid/battlegrounds take place there.

And it really doesn't take that long to gear up through HC's even if you can only play a couple of hours per day... Blizzard as started to give less gear for no effort again, a trend that started mostly in Wrath, a trend I'm glad to see be lessened, even if it's still there. (LFR)
    No but they can offer more than dailies. It's not an either or situation. I mean if that were the case then Blizzard should just simply give up and not give anybody anything. Fuck it. Can't make em happy why bother trying?

They've went overboard with it. It's to much. I could deal with no rep in the dungeons. I could deal with piss poor valor and justice gains. I could deal with piss poor justice gear. I could deal with hard vp caps that take forever to fill. I can't deal with all of them combined. I mean and the system won't work like that. Like I'll but those shitty justice gear pants because I need them and if this were say vanilla I'd keep them for months. Well this isn't vanilla so I won't keep them for that long so my attachment to gearing up isn't as deep no matter what they do. It only worked in vanilla because their was like no options and you loved every piece of gear you had because you had it for so fucking god damned long. You couldn't craft, their were no heroics, and if you couldn't find a raid guild that was at your tier you were fucked. Nobody was gonna go back and do MC when they were on Naxx.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I think the big problem is that people really want the charms, and hate dailies. So, if there was another options for obtaining charms, that would be nice.

Valor points are available through multiple different playstyles. Why not charms?
    Make Charms buyable with Valor Points, remove them from dailies.

Done.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are right. I don't need anything in this game. I don't need to log in really. I could just sit at the menu screen all day and do nothing. The argument your making is that foolish. When the other options suck dick by comparison then people will feel forced to do them. Raiding without charms isn't NECESSARY by any stretch but raiding without charms sucks so bad that your gonna feel you need to do it anyway.
    The hammer comes down:

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    Wouldn't mind them so much if vp gear wasnt tired to them. Fucking retarded, get vp gear at revered and blues at exalted, so broken and stupid.. World of dailiecarft isnt shaping up to be anything wonderful in my eyes..
    Wow, if you think dailies are the only/worst part in this game you clearly haven't tried to play really. It takes like three days to hit exalted. Bottom line is, in two months, you'll be complaining about how everything was handed to people on a silver platter. I really hate this mentality.

Deleted
    CHOICES... don't do the content. Saying it's a choice it's like saying you have a choice during an armed robbery. Technically yes you can be a hero. It's just the least pleasant alternative is usually not a very good one to pick. Or one that people feel they can pick. I mean if I put a gun to your head and said give me your money you could technically refuse right? I realize it's a bit of a stretch but the point remains when the other option isn't as good people will feel forced to do the best one.
    The only thing you need the rep for is valor gear and some craftables, which is not really needed as the HC designed to work for raids... You're not intended to gear up on full VP gear to then head into the raids, as that gear is good enough to get you directly into HC raiding.

And yes it's a bit of a stretch to compare a choice between being robbed or possibly robbed and shot to having to do 6 dailies a day or not do them at all... A real big stretch...