Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    anyone try OS 25 yet for drake ?

Tried yogg 1 light on 10 man (with thorim), 1 shot it so next week I'm going to try 0 light, or just run 1 light and try without thorim and instead hodir to see how it goes.
    Last edited by Athorha; 2012-10-09 at 04:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I run the Panther boss in ZG every day, if that's any intressting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    The ox statue strategy on RoS (BT) worked like a charm, thanks!

I just soloed Black Temple on my Monk today. Windwalker for everything except Reliquary, since I got chain stunned to death. Brewmaster is definitely the way to go there. Ox Statue can take quite the beating, and it being only a 30 second cooldown means you can resummon it easily before it dies. Leer of the Ox didn't seem to do anything, but I used it regardless. It's a slow fight, but pretty easy aside from that.

There ends up being unlucky periods where the stun wears off and Reliquary has the shield up, so you can't interrupt Spirit Shock. The best way to do it is just whittle it down in between stuns, and interrupt it when you can. Xuen can help with that, a bit, in that she'll target Xuen instead of you at times. This allows you enough time to bust through the shield and interrupt her. Glyph of Guard is great here, you should pretty much keep Guard up the entire time.

Didn't really have any issues with the other bosses. Killed Najentus before he could get a shield off. Got a bit low on health during Council, but that's cause I was being reckless and standing in poo. Popped Xuen on one of Illidan's flames and started attacking the other so they wouldn't enrage.

I soloed Tempest Keep before that, with the exception of Solarian. Kael'thas is easy, pop CDs and burst him down, he'll get into the next phase quickly.

Might try some Wrath raids soon and see how those go. Monks are very capable soloers though it seems!

I have a question, and apologies for the newbish nature of it. Is it possible for us in decent gear to solo heroic Oculus without any drakes at all?

Deleted
    What talents you used for kael & bt ? chi wave ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibby View Post
    Leer of the Ox didn't seem to do anything, but I used it regardless.
    It's used to get the statue onto the threat list, otherwise the boss will just ignore it and keep attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by lanerios View Post
    Amusing how people say they "solo" BT when the first boss makes that quite impossible to do, as far as I am aware at least.
    Not a monk, but I managed this after one bad attempt as an enhancement shaman. I just popped everything and nuked him down before the first shield.
    RETH

Brm are more likely to stack more expertise than WW. Also may choose different trinkets depending but probably not. Set bonuses would be the big difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by armag3d0n2oo5 View Post
    My Windwalker spec is unmodified since i lvld and its the one i use mostly when soloing.

Chi wave is so amazingly strong (imo) when you are alone as its heal is very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    My Windwalker spec is unmodified since i lvld and its the one i use mostly when soloing.

Chi wave is so amazingly strong (imo) when you are alone as its heal is very good.
    One thing to do when soloing, since odds are the only time you're using chi wave is for self heals and not the damage portion, is to macro it so it always casts on yourself first. Since it bounces 6 times after first one that means you get 4 healing ticks and 3 damaging ones.

Quote Originally Posted by armag3d0n2oo5 View Post
    Chi Wave, Power Strikes, Healing Elixirs, Xuen. Between Expel Harm, Chi Wave, and the 10% heal from Healing Elixirs, I was never in danger of dying. I also forgot to glyph Blackout Kick, so I had the healing from that too.

How do Monk's compare to DKs? Do they have enough tools and self healing/DPS to be just as good or even better?

Anyone managed to solo ToC 10 / 25 ?
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Afaik, faction champions takes like 40min to solo as you need to run the opposing healers oom. So I doubt many players will take the time to do that

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Afaik, faction champions takes like 40min to solo as you need to run the opposing healers oom. So I doubt many players will take the time to do that
    I did ToC and the Faction Champions were the easiest fight there. Just burnt the healer down with Touch of Death and then AoE the rest down. Anub'arak was harder, had to burn adds really fast.

Sarth 3D 10 was hard, i thought i needed around 33K DPS to kill him before 2nd Drake but even with 41K DPS (Brewmaster) it was really hard. Had to go WW and destroy him REALLY fast.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    How the hell do u manage kael'thas as ww? I get CC from full hp until im dead.
    I start of with Capernian and Telonicus but normaly i get only one of them down before the CC takes over totaly and i die.

lvl 90 ww monk with 303k hp.

Quote Originally Posted by lagerlol View Post
    How the hell do u manage kael'thas as ww? I get CC from full hp until im dead.
    - Kill Darkener and Sanguinar way the hell back near the entrance to the raid (before Al'ar's room)
    - Kill Capernian in the hallway immediately after Al'ar's room (easy spot to LoS)
    - Kill Telonicus in Loot Reaver's room near the back wall

- AOE down the weapons wherever

When he rezzes all the advisors, kill Capernian, then Telonicus, and then Thaladred and Sanguinar will be almost back to you. This way you only have to deal with one or two at a time, not all four.

Then kill KT as usual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Charos View Post
    - Kill Darkener and Sanguinar way the hell back near the entrance to the raid (before Al'ar's room)
    - Kill Capernian in the hallway immediately after Al'ar's room (easy spot to LoS)
    - Kill Telonicus in Loot Reaver's room near the back wall

- AOE down the weapons wherever

When he rezzes all the advisors, kill Capernian, then Telonicus, and then Thaladred and Sanguinar will be almost back to you. This way you only have to deal with one or two at a time, not all four.

Then kill KT as usual.
    People still leave the main room?
    This is wierd, he is an easy kill even without doing that. I was planning on frapsing it when im doing it later.
    btw: Anyone got a recording software that works better than fraps?

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 07:05 PM ----------

Just solod Kael again and frapsed it, seems i messed something up with the fraps but im going to look it over and see if the footage is "video worth" and if it is i will upload and post here to show how ive done it.