Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Must've said too much about the closed beta and Trion sent their assassins after him.

Hopefully he's alright and just obsessing too hardcore over it.

But anywho, do we have another beta test this weekend? ;o
    Lol, GO GET YOUR ASSIGNMENTS DONE!!!

I anticipate maybe this weekend or the 17th.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

But anywho, do we have another beta test this weekend? ;o
    I don't know. But I very highly doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    I don't know. But I very highly doubt it.
    Well we have 5 weekends before SL releases. Cleric reveal should be relatively soon here I would hope. In my opinion do a beta weekend every single weekend up till release to test the new zones.

Despite popular belief while it was amazing I had 3 pages worth or minor/major/exploit bugs that I ended up reporting for just two zones. The mass stress testing is clearly needed.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Well we have 5 weekends before SL releases. Cleric reveal should be relatively soon here I would hope. In my opinion do a beta weekend every single weekend up till release to test the new zones.

Despite popular belief while it was amazing I had 3 pages worth or minor/major/exploit bugs that I ended up reporting for just two zones. The mass stress testing is clearly needed.
    I don't know... it seems like what you seem to think are bugs/exploits/problems with the game have turned out more often to be things you simply didn't like, rather than actual issues.

Not to mention, just because there's a number of problems doesn't mean Trion can't fix them lickity split, we know how fast Trion works. Knowing them, they've already fixed everything. Hah. Plus they still always have their Alpha testers who I think are able to test weekly, as it is, so.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I don't know... it seems like what you seem to think are bugs/exploits/problems with the game have turned out more often to be things you simply didn't like, rather than actual issues.
    lol not going to break NDA here, but I promise you there have been some issues that have been caught and are being fixed that could have been major. We seriously need further access to the other zones and not just for weekend BETA's.

Alpha testers are clearly more concerned with instances and raids working.

Putting the class changes on the PTS is by far the smartest decision Trion could have ever done. 1.11 throws a monkey wrench into the blender for the way some of these archetypes play and we need some adjusting time to find balance and fix bugs.

lol not going to break NDA here, but I promise you there have been some issues that have been caught and are being fixed that could have been major. We seriously need further access to the other zones and not just for weekend BETA's.

Putting the class changes on the PTS is by far the smartest decision Trion could have ever done. 1.11 throws a monkey wrench into the blender for the way some of these archetypes play and we need some adjusting time to find balance and fix bugs.
    How is putting it on the PTS and pushing 1.11 gonna help when that's only gonna test level 50 which isn't even going to be relevant withing 1 month of release and not way of testing it with the new souls anyway. Putting it on PTS and including them in 1.11 is in no way to test anything, it is simply to give something to everyone until SL comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    How is putting it on the PTS and pushing 1.11 gonna help when that's only gonna test level 50 which isn't even going to be relevant withing 1 month of release and not way of testing it with the new souls anyway. Putting it on PTS and including them in 1.11 is in no way to test anything, it is simply to give something to everyone until SL comes out.
    3 days is not enough to learn how to completely play your class again. I really wish Amary would post the 1.11 pts notes so I do not feel like I am breaking the NDA. If the patch is on the 17th is gives us time to learn these new rotations.

You know Pure, with all your extensive game bug knowledge, it makes me wonder how you're here all the time and not game testing for a living. Or a dedicated Rift tester. I mean, you're the master of bug uncovering, right? Well, you are in your own mind, at least. All you do is talk about bugs, but I'm willing to bet that you didn't really find any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    You know Pure, with all your extensive game bug knowledge, it makes me wonder how you're here all the time and not game testing for a living. Or a dedicated Rift tester. I mean, you're the master of bug uncovering, right? Well, you are in your own mind, at least. All you do is talk about bugs, but I'm willing to bet that you didn't really find any.
    He probably found the obvious ones that we all found/saw/heard about in chat.

/bound by NDA.
    "A flower.

Thread I made called "Puremallace bug feedback - Day 1". I even list why my testing was limited due to me getting laid > gaming. btw no NDA on End of Nations anymore. I have been in the Alpha/Beta for that since like 4 months ago, so that was where alot of my time went also. RTS's are not my thing, but I tried to help as best I could here. Very very badass game.

NDA prevents any useful details, but there was a lot from more then just me giving feedback. If they would post what they changed between Beta 1 and pts 1.11 I could go into more detail of what I have spent alot of my time debating.

SL was actually in really good shape and had less bugs then when we pts tested Ember Isle.

10+ Year Old Account
    So typical, the person getting called out says "lol I'm getting laid, which is better than gaming" as if none of us could possibly? You just dug yourself deeper perhaps than you ever have bro, good job. You don't spend 8 hours a day having sex, so get off it and be real for once.
    "A flower.

So typical, the person getting called out says "lol I'm getting laid, which is better than gaming" as if none of us could possibly? You just dug yourself deeper perhaps than you ever have bro, good job. You don't spend 8 hours a day having sex, so get off it and be real for once.
    I put in about 4 hours a day on SL beta. I pointed out the bugs and exploits I found. Daglar even acknowledged the one big one I caught and said they had a internal ticket to fix it. The class changes I am not concerned with because it took all of 3 seconds of toying around with the new builds to realize they were going to change from BETA to live.

My concerns were terrain bugs, quest with shitty rewards, and use of game mechanics for exploits. Stuff like finding a mob with a extremely low respawn timer that you could set bot up next to or ore nodes.

Same stuff I looked for on Ember Isle. Like quest that are easily exploitable and Alpha testers who are mostly raiders could give a damn about.

I put in about 4 hours a day on SL beta. I pointed out the bugs and exploits I found. Daglar even acknowledged the one big one I caught and said they had a internal ticket to fix it. The class changes I am not concerned with because it took all of 3 seconds of toying around with the new builds to realize they were going to change from BETA to live.

My concerns were terrain bugs, quest with shitty rewards, and use of game mechanics for exploits. Stuff like finding a mob with a extremely low respawn timer that you could set bot up next to or ore nodes.

Same stuff I looked for on Ember Isle. Like quest that are easily exploitable and Alpha testers who are mostly raiders could give a damn about.
    So what you're saying is that he acknowledged that you had found a bug that they had already found. Good job. You're a crackshot when it comes to uncovering bugs.

As for you getting laid, nobody cares. Quite frankly, I don't even know what the hell that has to do with anything aside from "I wanna look like I'm cool to these guys". Guess what, bro, I got laid twice yesterday. I'm also married, so I pretty much get laid whenever I want. The difference is that I don't come on here and announce it because nobody cares. To be honest, it's actually thoroughly pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you continue the vendetta against raiders, because all raiders care about is raiding, and raiding is their life and their life is raiding and nothing is more important to them than raiding, not even their first born child is more important to raiders than raiding, because no person with any love for raiding could possibly love anything else, raiders raid and do nothing more than go raiding the raider lands of raiding.

Seriously, you're starting to sound like that, okay, not starting to, you DO sound like that. -.- Can you quit it?

I'll have you know that I personally was a hardcore raider back in WoW and I would like to become one here in Rift (all comes down to what my university schedule looks like) but frankly, I value MANY aspects in the game other than raiding. I can tell you, the folks in <Terrible Idea>, some of Rift's best players (period) care about stuff other than raiding, too. Just because they are some of the top in the Rift-world players, does not at all mean they don't care about other aspects of the game.

Your vendetta - kill it. It's completely ignorant of you to have it.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 04:24 PM ----------

So what you're saying is that he acknowledged that you had found a bug that they had already found. Good job. You're a crackshot when it comes to uncovering bugs.

As for you getting laid, nobody cares. Quite frankly, I don't even know what the hell that has to do with anything aside from "I wanna look like I'm cool to these guys". Guess what, bro, I got laid twice yesterday. I'm also married, so I pretty much get laid whenever I want. The difference is that I don't come on here and announce it because nobody cares. To be honest, it's actually thoroughly pathetic.
    Actually bro, I care about your happiness because I think notorious98 is a pretty cool guy, he posts on forums, and doesn't afraid of anything.

But honestly, beat me by seconds, ffs. Well put though sir, well put.
    "A flower.

And now is when we stop all this bickering shit and talking about who gets laid more and waving our junk around on the internet, and get back on topic without breaking NDA's or spouting off useless, "WELL THIS COULD BE A PROBLEM ONE DAY MAYBE EVENTUALLY".

For those of you loving Rift's art, and want to see some approved-for-release screenshots from the beta, I present you with:

http://www.gamesradar.com/art-rift-s...-purple-world/

The Art of Rift.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    For those of you loving Rift's art, and want to see some approved-for-release screenshots from the beta, I present you with:

The Art of Rift.
    Awesome find. Very good read

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post

The Art of Rift.
    That world boss still reminds me of the Fel Reaver.

If you want to stay up-to-date with when the beta events start: http://stormlegion.riftgame.com/en/beta

You should go there first.

(No date on Beta 2 though.)

3 days is not enough to learn how to completely play your class again. I really wish Amary would post the 1.11 pts notes so I do not feel like I am breaking the NDA. If the patch is on the 17th is gives us time to learn these new rotations.
    Because the rotations we use in 1.11 at level 50 are going to be super relevant at 60 with new souls. Yup. You got it right. 1.11 is to pre-test things for SL, that wonlt matter when we have more talent points and an extra soul and new abilities that will completely change rotations from 50 to 60. 1.11 is all about testing for SL.