Deleted

Should I return for Storm Legion?

So I haven't played RIFT for quite a long time, but kept a close eye on it. I quit because I got bored of MMO's (But now I am back in the mood for them!) and the Storm Legion expsansion looks great, do you guys think I should take a look at the exspansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post
    So I haven't played RIFT for quite a long time, but kept a close eye on it. I quit because I got bored of MMO's (But now I am back in the mood for them!) and the Storm Legion expsansion looks great, do you guys think I should take a look at the exspansion?
    My lucky eight ball says: Maybe.

I would say yes though, if you're into the PvE side of MMOs that take after TBC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    My lucky eight ball says: Maybe.

I would say yes though, if you're into the PvE side of MMOs that take after TBC.
    :P And yeah I am quite into PvE

Here's a consolidated list of what Storm Legion has to offer so far (prepared by our good buddy Tarien), in case you wanted an idea of what's incoming:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ion-Compendium

Good luck.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I will echo Tarien and Antipathy here, Rift has gotten much better with time (like a fine wine/craft beer/hard liquor aging) and Storm Legion looks to be the barrel-aged of beers.

AKA: Fuckin' 'mazing.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I'd recommend it (I'm a bit biased as I love the game). They're adding in a TON into the game and if vanilla (weird to be saying that now lol) is anything to go by, they'll have a rapid content release schedule to go with it.

Seriously though, 4 new souls and a number of entirely revamped existing souls + tweaks to the rest of the souls, tripling the land mass (with the two new continents being for 50-60), more dungeons/raids, more types of rifts and player progression paths, there's just massive amount of content being included. All this while still putting out content patches for live at roughly the same rate/size.

The game did seem to start out as a WoW clone essentially (a very well made one though), but they've done a LOT to carve out a corner for themselves and really separate themselves from other MMO's since launch.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    if vanilla (weird to be saying that now lol)
    Honestly... this idea has been driving me nuts. I do not look forward to the inevitable "VANILLA WAS SO MUCH BETTER!!!" comments and such... but honestly, based on what I've seen........... not breaking NDA, lololol.... this expansion is just going to be like a whole new game, in a manner of speaking. It's that damned good with that many new things.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Honestly... this idea has been driving me nuts. I do not look forward to the inevitable "VANILLA WAS SO MUCH BETTER!!!" comments and such...
    I was actually waiting around to get some documents taken care of today and I was thinking "When will we start seeing the (I miss Vanilla Rift) comments popping up all over the web?"

Should be interesting to see what people have to start saying a few months into Storm Legion.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Should be interesting to see what people have to start saying a few months into Storm Legion.
    I know what I will be saying " we need more hours in the day, trion could you have one of your devs take a look the worlds clocks please" or something along those line's, also wish I had more time to play, after the weekend i just want to log in live to get some prep sorted but there is too short a time till the release, then there's gonna be some more beta to do and I have a dilemma

15+ Year Old Account
    this part is exciting.

I am just going to preview this note from the upcoming patch notes:

Patch Notes

General
    * You may now equip items of any armor type in your Wardrobe. Mix and match – the world is your closet!
    Hold on, let me repeat that.
    * You may now equip items of any armor type in your Wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Syce View Post
    this part is exciting.
    Despite all the new content and features being added...that one change has me the most excited about this expansion. Like, I don't think I've ever been so excited about a feature (when Rift added in their barber shop it was close, because Rift barber shop is baller as hell) in a game. For serious, now I don't even need to worry too much about leveling up my other characters for cool looking gear, I can basically use it all myself! Now time to actually build out a tank soul this expansion so I can have plate for tanking, and the other three armor types for different dps/healing/support souls ^__^

Despite all the new content and features being added...that one change has me the most excited about this expansion. Like, I don't think I've ever been so excited about a feature (when Rift added in their barber shop it was close, because Rift barber shop is baller as hell) in a game. For serious, now I don't even need to worry too much about leveling up my other characters for cool looking gear, I can basically use it all myself! Now time to actually build out a tank soul this expansion so I can have plate for tanking, and the other three armor types for different dps/healing/support souls ^__^
    /agree

there are a few other quality of life features within the beta I've found to be quite fantastic, but yes, this kind of customization is quite incredible; and as you mentioned, I can see my cleric in a different type of armor based on role!

In addition, I'm really hyped about the tank normalization (for mitigation) they announced in the Rogue reveal. While I enjoy the current tanking model, I am looking forward to having all tanking specs being considered equal for most encounters. I love Cleric tanking

In addition, I'm really hyped about the tank normalization (for mitigation) they announced in the Rogue reveal. While I enjoy the current tanking model, I am looking forward to having all tanking specs being considered equal for most encounters. I love Cleric tanking
    I still haven't found time to sit down and listen to the whole thing. Been meaning too but I keep getting sidetracked. Maybe I'll listen to it later today while I work -_-

I still haven't found time to sit down and listen to the whole thing. Been meaning too but I keep getting sidetracked. Maybe I'll listen to it later today while I work -_-
    To be fair, I think they just said it in passing (and it was just one or two statements). the notes found on the beta forums are far more exhaustive and indicative of these changes.

To be fair, I think they just said it in passing (and it was just one or two statements). the notes found on the beta forums are far more exhaustive and indicative of these changes.
    Haven't read those either, and I've been meaning to >.<

Just too much to do IRL now and I don't have the mental capacity to take in a lot of information with everything going on right now. WTB bite sized chunks of info that are easy to digest because I'm being special right now.

Just too much to do IRL now and I don't have the mental capacity to take in a lot of information with everything going on right now. WTB bite sized chunks of info that are easy to digest because I'm being special right now.
    Promise to help once NDA is lifted <3

Dimensions - highly customizable..almost sand box like ...videos from Trion
    New zones are huge
    Carnage quest as described in public articles are like TOR and GW2 are where you attack a mob and get the quest
    Hunt Rifts are the enw expert Rifts and daily raid rifts, but with much better rewards PUBLIC ARTICLES!!!
    New main city is huge and single faction...PUBLIC VIDEOS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    Dimensions - highly customizable..almost sand box like ...videos from Trion
    New zones are huge
    Carnage quest as described in public articles are like TOR and GW2 are where you attack a mob and get the quest
    Hunt Rifts are the enw expert Rifts and daily raid rifts, but with much better rewards PUBLIC ARTICLES!!!
    New main city is huge and single faction...PUBLIC VIDEOS!!
    Oh, I know about that stuff. I'm talking more about the class specific changes ect. I jumped in the beta this weekend and it was pretty fun. Didn't have a lot of time to test very much/check out many things. It's a lot more the specific design changes that I need to check out, but I haven't had time to dig through the patch notes yet to see all the changes. Barely had time to go through more than a few of the cleric souls and there's a ton more to check out >.<

Oh, I know about that stuff. I'm talking more about the class specific changes ect. I jumped in the beta this weekend and it was pretty fun. Didn't have a lot of time to test very much/check out many things. It's a lot more the specific design changes that I need to check out, but I haven't had time to dig through the patch notes yet to see all the changes. Barely had time to go through more than a few of the cleric souls and there's a ton more to check out >.<
    Once 1.11 notes go up on the PTS which I assume 5:00pst today like they always do I can assume the NDA is down on that. Honestly we gave so much feedback on the changes they made it is not exactly shocking to me they did not just migrate the BETA class notes to the PTS right away.

One word to describe the changes is "sweeping"