Exclamation Video: Moonkins in PvP are overtuned

Hey there MMO-C,

After many battlegrounds I finally received my 4-set for my balance spec on my Druid, to discover how disgustingly overpowered it is.

Please take a look at my video where I express my concerns at the class which is dominating every BG with it's new 4set:

We need to make Blizzard aware at the pure ferocity that Moonkins possess with this new ability.

Please post constructively.

It would be nice if you could post what the ability does.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    When you play a video game, you don't put any "effort" into it at all. You're pushing keys on a keyboard, you're not running a marathon or playing a sport.

10+ Year Old Account
    why is this overpowered? make a video showing us lol i think that would be better then dancing around doing nothing haha

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    He's being sarcastic for the sake of endorsing his crappy video.

http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=-601

Worth a quick chuckle, but no more then that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdom510 View Post
    why is this overpowered? make a video showing us lol i think that would be better then dancing around doing nothing haha
    Ehem.

Woooosh.

I think the joke was that it is, indeed, a useless 4 piece.

The ability in question is Astral Communion, which during a complete channel will take you from 0 Lunar/Solar to an Eclipse state, or from Eclipse to 0. The 4-peice allows it to be channeled while moving. I don't play a Moonkin, so I reserve judgement on its usefulness.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel bad for people who play inferior specs of a class and then try to compare that inferior spec to another class that performs a similar role.

Deleted
    You've got it all wrong. The moonkin four-piece bonus is awesome.

There I am, in Eye of the Storm, I have the flag, running for my life, warriors are chasing after me, trying to faceroll me into the ground. NOPE. Starfall.

STARS. FUCKING. EVERYWHERE.

I'm hitting these warriors for like 15k every hit. They're crying. A mage comes over and tries to silence me but is immediately critted to 98% health.

Then I do it. I seize my destiny.

ASTRAL MOTHERFUCKING COMMUNION.

I'm chaining them, then HOLY SHIT! LUNAR ECLIPSE.

More stars from fucking nowehere! YOU CAN'T COUNT THESE STARS.

ECLIPSED stars.

I cap the flag and bask in the plaudits of my team.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 07:41 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I don't feel bad for people who play inferior specs of a class and then try to compare that inferior spec to another class that performs a similar role.
    Why doesn't Blizz just give you one spec? Eliminate all the "right spec" stuff? Oh wait, they've been claiming the next xpac will do just that for like 4 years now.
    Last edited by Nastified; 2012-10-10 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    You've got it all wrong. The moonkin four-piece bonus is awesome.

There I am, in Eye of the Storm, I have the flag, running for my life, warriors are chasing after me, trying to faceroll me into the ground. NOPE. Starfall.

STARS. FUCKING. EVERYWHERE.

I'm hitting these warriors for like 15k every hit. They're crying. A mage comes over and tries to silence me but is immediately critted to 98% health.

Then I do it. I seize my destiny.

ASTRAL MOTHERFUCKING COMMUNION.

I'm chaining them, then HOLY SHIT! LUNAR ECLIPSE.

More stars from fucking nowehere! YOU CAN'T COUNT THESE STARS.

ECLIPSED stars.

I cap the flag and bask in the plaudits of my team.
    Yo, can a mod sticky this comment or something. It's probably the best thing i've ever read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    Yo, can a mod sticky this comment or something. It's probably the best thing i've ever read.
    I dunno, it's like a really terrible version of the old "Troll Regeneration" post.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    The PVP set bonus are a total mess. How it's possible that some classes are getting huge PVP Power bonuses on damaging CDs and some other classes are getting very, very minor things? At least keep those balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    The PVP set bonus are a total mess. How it's possible that some classes are getting huge PVP Power bonuses on damaging CDs and some other classes are getting very, very minor things? At least keep those balanced.
    I think 4-set bonuses are fine. 25%+ focus regeneration or 70% movement increase after heroic leap is easily comparable to being able to run around while dancing as a boomkin.

Deleted
    moonkin good in pvp whaaaaaa?

I just dont understand why that 4-setbonus is not build in astral at all, its not like it will be some overpowered crap, and it would be probably more usefull in pve like in pvp...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    I think 4-set bonuses are fine. 25%+ focus regeneration or 70% movement increase after heroic leap is easily comparable to being able to run around while dancing as a boomkin.
    Or rogues get 10 extra energy on 2-set while hunters get 3200 PVP Power during Rapid Fire...