Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    So why didn't the Night Elves refuse to work with Mages from other races? Once they've worked with Human, Gnomish, and later Draenei Mages for a good half-decade without any real problems, it's not really a big leap for them to reconsider their policy when it came to their own people. If Humans (or anyone aside from the Forsaken and Blood Elves) can tolerate Warlocks, I'm sure Night Elves can tolerate Mages.
    I have issues with that as well. The Night Elves weren't even planned to be added to the Alliance until a large enough demand for them came during the Wow's beta phase. So then Blizzard had to "fudge" the Warcraft lore a bit to better accommodate them. Another inconsistency in wow's past.

It's for immersion and racial identity.

Frankly, I think there should be more. Different=good

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was always told if you can't find three reasons, then you don't have an argument.

1. Draenei Warlock

2. Undead Paladin

3. Blood Elf Shaman

There you go.

P.S. if it isn't obvious, I'm against removing the race/class restrictions.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2012-10-10 at 01:30 AM.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

itt: people who don't understand lore and make things up in their head

I do believe this barrier will soon fall maybe in the next xpac

i dont believe that it should though it does look like its heading that way

They could argue that any race can learn a class you dont have to be born a certain race to be able to wield the light or be able to master the arcane

that said i still believe that lore should dictate which race should be able to master which class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I do believe this barrier will soon fall maybe in the next xpac

i dont believe that it should though it does look like its heading that way

They could argue that any race can learn a class you dont have to be born a certain race to be able to wield the light or be able to master the arcane

that said i still believe that lore should dictate which race should be able to master which class
    Undead Paladins are an impossibility. Well okay, there is one in the entire history of Azeroth. But one does not justify making it a race/class combo thousands will play.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who asks for things like this dont know or understand the lore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Undead Paladins are an impossibility. Well okay, there is one in the entire history of Azeroth. But one does not justify making it a race/class combo thousands will play.
    So is a blood elf paladin healing a forsaken with holy light?

What about forsaken holy priests?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninaran View Post
    So is a blood elf paladin healing a forsaken with holy light?

What about forsaken holy priests?
    They are only allowed to have holy spec as a gameplay > lore moment. In truth they do not follow the light, and instead follow http://www.wowpedia.org/Cult_of_Forgotten_Shadow

Also another example would be Draenei Warlocks. There are 2 (barring unnamed quest mobs) in lore. And considering the hatred Draenei have for demons, the chances of a Draenei Warlock surviving to level 95 would be slim to 0.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Since vanilla wow, Nathanos Blighcaller has existed as an Undead Hunter (ranger), in the Eastern Plaguelands. He did not justified the combo, since only in Cataclysm we got it.
    Neither have the existence of High Botanist Freywinn, since TBC, justified yet the birth of Blood Elf Druids.
    Or the Shendra'lar, which only recently became available to play by the Alliance (Night Elf Mages).

But I believe the current trend is to liberate even more class/race combos.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because an Undead Shaman just doesn't make sense.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

TBH lore wise i could see draneai warlocks

lets say the next xpac is off world maybe even argus they could be eradar warlocks who decide to turn against there burning legion masters and join the draneai but keep there fel magic its possible maybe you would have to choose to keep the red skin though

the purist dranaei prolly wouldnt like it buy hey orcs tolerate warlocks even though thrall hates demons and demon magic so i guess anything is possible if you put the right spin on it
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2012-10-10 at 02:20 AM.