Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Holy/Disc Hotfixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Ghostcrawler wrote: We made a buff to PoH and PoM (for D&H) yesterday.
    First I have heard of it. There was a blurb earlier on Twitter saying there weren't happy with disc mana regen, but a throughput hotfix?

Anyone seen evidence of this, or is he referring to a change on the not-public-yet PTR?

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    @Venaliter It may not be live if you haven't seen it. I don't want to get in the habit of announcing hotfixes on Twitter. +25% PoH and PoM.
    Updated. Maybe or may not be live just yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    First I have heard of it. There was a blurb earlier on Twitter saying there weren't happy with disc mana regen, but a throughput hotfix?

Anyone seen evidence of this, or is he referring to a change on the not-public-yet PTR?

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 09:05 PM ----------

Updated. Maybe or may not be live just yet.
    I 100% hate calling troll or demanding links, but is there any link for this? Where did this come from?

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 02:20 AM ----------

My deepest apologies; I want to his twitter as soon as I saw this thread, it had nothing but stuff from 11 hours ago, and then suddenly when franticly looking for more info, it updates itself and shows me this. Oh my god, oh my god.
    While it doesn't sort out all the problems, it will help.

I am a troll. I regret nothing. Just not this time :P

Does not alleviate PvP. Priests will require dispel protection on Shield for Disc, and Renew for Holy. PvP in general will also require a base resilence buff.

Lessens strain on mana. Probably still require a little something here, especially in, you guessed it, PvP.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2012-10-10 at 01:44 AM.

Deleted
    Sounds like wishful thinking

15+ Year Old Account
    This is true, it's from his own Twitter, unless he got hacked or something. This + the -30% to SCK and our field of healers should look much better. Not sure -30% to SCK is all that is needed, but I am really happy they acted now, at the beginning of heroics /cheers, now I can sleep better

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    This is true, it's from his own Twitter, unless he got hacked or something. This + the -30% to SCK and our field of healers should look much better. Not sure -30% to SCK is all that is needed, but I am really happy they acted now, at the beginning of heroics /cheers, now I can sleep better
    When you clear them with nerfs it doesnt really matter for you personally i guess.
    But yeah priests needed some sort of buff, hope they'll do better now.

Deleted
    I am impressed, hotfix so soon I was expecting it after this tier is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't thinks it has happened...

Priest (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator)
    Spirit of Redemption will no longer sometimes prevent players from rolling on items.

Only blue post I could find about Priest
    *Insert awesome/random/funny signature here*

Is this actually what we need? Personally I find that in situations where I can use PoH effectively, I'm already doing pretty much fine - the problem is mana (and, to a certain extent, throughput) when I can't use PoH and have to single target heal. Is that just me?

Deleted
    i hope it happens seems like disco is doomed in raids atm, seems a shame as i decided to make my priest my main finally after 6 years of my druid XD bad timing or what

Deleted
    Due to the total lack of single target dps and mana regen for disc I have decided to re-roll my main. I was plannnig on doing so anyway after playing priest for 3/4 years but the total fail on behalf of blizz for priests this expansion has tipped me over the edge.

Anyone else here a shadow/disc player who has pretty much given up trying to be competitive in raid situations??

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by triggy89 View Post
    i hope it happens seems like disco is doomed in raids atm, seems a shame as i decided to make my priest my main finally after 6 years of my druid XD bad timing or what
    It's DISC. There is no O in Discipline. If you are lazy enough to write full, at least write the short name right...

OT: We need buff to our mana regeneration not throughput. But as they say, better something than nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 02:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Matthius View Post
    Due to the total lack of single target dps and mana regen for disc I have decided to re-roll my main. I was plannnig on doing so anyway after playing priest for 3/4 years but the total fail on behalf of blizz for priests this expansion has tipped me over the edge.

Anyone else here a shadow/disc player who has pretty much given up trying to be competitive in raid situations??
    I've switched from shadow to discipline after the nature of spec became to RNG. I'm not satisfied with discipline, but I won't abandon the class that fast (shadow in PVP is freaking amazing).

I get the concern about disc, it sure as hell is impossible to be competitive atm, and it's even quite hard just not being oom for half of the fight, but what's up with shadow? The SP's I've seen atm are fine and are still topping meters.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kouby View Post
    I get the concern about disc, it sure as hell is impossible to be competitive atm, and it's even quite hard just not being oom for half of the fight, but what's up with shadow? The SP's I've seen atm are fine and are still topping meters.
    If From Darkness Comes Light and Divine Insight doesn't proc you aren't having enough uptime on DP hence your DPS suffers. We had RNG in past, but this is ridiculous. And priests who are topping the meters are extremely lucky with the procs.

I was astonished how much of the difference can be when you get lucky with procs: monk boss in SM, with 467 ilvl I did 49K on one kill, on second I had something more than 67K (setup was the same both times). On second kill I had much bigger uptime of DP. Other classes who were with me (lock, hunter and prot warrior) did similar DPS with 1-2K fluctuation.

I got no issues as shadow keeping up in raids at all.

But i'm not touching disc again, not till they fix some of it's issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    We need buff to our mana regeneration not throughput. But as they say, better something than nothing.
    In the short term, this is an easy fix that will make priests viable healers again. Hopefully long term, Blizzard will look at some of the harder to address mechanics - relying on a group targeted dumb heal for AoE, weak regeneration mechanics, and, for disc, mandatory Archangel and poor stacking due to Weakened Soul

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I have played Holy in more and more fights it just seems far more effective with both spread out fights and stacked up.

The PoH and PoM is a welcome buff but not precisely what we need.
    *Insert awesome/random/funny signature here*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demetrion View Post
    It's DISC. There is no O in Discipline. If you are lazy enough to write full, at least write the short name right...

OT: We need buff to our mana regeneration not throughput. But as they say, better something than nothing.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 02:52 PM ----------

I've switched from shadow to discipline after the nature of spec became to RNG. I'm not satisfied with discipline, but I won't abandon the class that fast (shadow in PVP is freaking amazing).

Don't rage bro, he was actually talking about disco!
    The art of "getting down to boogie" has been doomed in raiding for a long time... he's correct, stop flaming him.

It's not a fix at all. We cast too many spells and POH isn't really good for everything. It isn't raidwide like pallys have, or monks... or shammy totems are...

It's a pretty crappy "fix". basically it isn't a thing but blizz admitting they screwed us, and trying to pacificate us. Forget it being a gamechanger. It isn't. For holy or disc.