Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    grown man with a gun tries and fails to kill a 14 year old girl. he's a pussy for the attempt, and words cant describe him for his failure

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    To those of your arguing whether Qur'an has violence in it; oh, of course, it has shit tons of it. On the other hand, the Bible does too. Equally disgusting violence and equally disgusting messages in certain parts. So this isn't at all about what certain religions teach, it's about what extremists take from it. A normal Muslim will ignore the violent messages of the Qur'an as much as a normal Christian will ignore the equivalent messages in the Bible.

So how about we stop condemning either group of people by the acts of extremists that call themselves the representatives of those groups yet are completely rejected by those groups and completely distort their true ideals? How about we stop the unnecessary bigotry and generalizations? It's something Americans should feel well irritated by and should understand, seeing what kind of comments you receive from Europe. It's something you should stop doing if you're really that irritated when it's done to you. Otherwise, it just makes you look like a bunch of hypocrits.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikiy View Post
    To those of your arguing whether Qur'an has violence in it; oh, of course, it has shit tons of it. On the other hand, the Bible does too.
    One stopped being topical in 1300, the other one is still acted upon this day. You cant really compare their influences in 2012.

Terrorists had no business shooting her and she had no business being an activist at 14.

Deleted
    da world is fucked, life must be hell down there, glad not to be living there obv

Quote Originally Posted by Zhangfei View Post
    Saying something is atheist means it lacks belief in a god or gods - an institution that explicitly states that religious belief isn't part of it by definition lacks belief in god or gods.

I feel you're being deliberately silly. It is atheist AND irreligious because atheism is part of irreligion.
    You worded that like someone who is religious and dislikes atheists would. You say lack of belief instead of reject or do not believe in a god. You can't compare the US being secular and their genocide in Iraq to the complicated conflicts of the Muslim world. One may not have been caused by religion but that doesn't make the other one not a religious conflict. Religion causes conflict that is a very agreeable thing to say that almost everyone can agree to but that doesn't mean every case of murder is caused by religion so don't blame people because you interpret what they say that way.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Orlando, Florida. United States of America
    Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    There is none, if you're playing devil's advocate, like most indoctrinated teens today.
    There is a vast difference, and you are quite insane if you think differently.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You worded that like someone who is religious and dislikes atheists would. You say lack of belief instead of reject or do not believe in a god. You can't compare the US being secular and their genocide in Iraq to the complicated conflicts of the Muslim world. One may not have been caused by religion but that doesn't make the other one not a religious conflict. Religion causes conflict that is a very agreeable thing to say that almost everyone can agree to but that doesn't mean every case of murder is caused by religion so don't blame people because you interpret what they say that way.
    No offence meant but I am struggling to unpeel the layers here and get what you're trying to say?
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Okay, ill do my best here.

1. I'm not going to link the verses as i don't want to get banned, they're there for anyone that wants to look it up. Doesn't take much reasearch.

2. The "command" structure comment is what i percieve to be the largest reason why so many terrorist actions happen in the name of islam. There is no established central clergy to commend or comdemn the actions taken by extremist elements. Of course it doesn't help that the world wide islamic community seems to be errily silent when atrocities are commited in the name of their religion, but are oddly vocal about a "C" grade video demeaning their prophet or a unfounded rumour about someone somewhere urinating on a quran wehter its true or not.

From my experence in the middle east, the imams and various church/ sect leaders in any paticular area have a GIANT impact on what the people in that area believe. Without going into deep text walling, i can like it to the influence that priests had on people during the dark ages. The populace in some areas in the middle east seem to be much more controlled by religious leaders than in the west.

The taliban and al-queda are not allowed in many gulf states because they know what a bunch of troublemakers they are. Thats why they are not welcome, not nessesarily because they disagree with everything they say or do, but because they don't want their bad habits conflicting with their power.

3. Lastly Culture has a huge part to play. While many of the middle eastern / southwest asian countries have a similar religion, the cultures vary wildly. Iran and Iraq for example
    1. Fair enough don't link them but don't claim that they exist. I'll just say that in order to understand the verse you would need to understand the context, setting, and whole Sora sometimes. Just like any other book if taken out of context, it can mean anything you want it to mean.

2. The part about condemning isn't that true, some examples in which Muslims condemned terrorist attacks:
    a. Bin Laden death was viewed by almost every Islamic organisation that has no connection to Al Qaeda as a "blessing" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reactio..._organisations
    b. Assassination of American ambassador in Libya (Many Islamic countries and organisations condemned the attack http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Christopher_Stevens
    c. Condemning terrorism in general http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15044797 http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ali-et...m_b_67904.html

These things exist but unfortunately are not newsworthy because they are not "interesting". Have you ever seen a story where it says that American soldiers did something good? No, but that doesn't mean they're bad. It just means that they are not "newsworthy". Another thing you need to remember is that most countries where there is an Islamic majority happen to be dictatorships and as a result media is controlled by the government which means that none can broadcast anything without "approval". Your point about Imams/sect leaders having a major impact is kind of true but it is getting less and less "treuer" everyday. Read funding the terrorism part here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saudi_A...ding_terrorism to answer your question about the golf states stance on Al Qaeda.

3. Yes the cultures tend to vary especially between the Middle East and South West Asian countries. a.Golf states have similar cultures. b. Lebanon, Syria, Jordan. c. North and west African countries. d. the "stan" countries e.g. Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Darwinism..............just because you can or are able to do something in a "free country" doesn't mean you wont get killed dead right there doing it where your "repressed".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    Darwinism..............just because you can or are able to do something in a "free country" doesn't mean you wont get killed dead right there doing it where your "repressed".
    Pakistan is too far from being a "free country" unless you mean by that that anyone is free to do anything he wants including killing children then yes you're correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottsdaleHokie View Post
    Ahhh, the religion of peace.
    All religions got their extremists.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Even Quakers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Even Quakers?
    Ever eaten those oats? Smartly advertised taste genocide
    In fact as far as I'm aware the UK is the only european nation that outright bans guns for civilians.
    Shotguns I'll give you (provided you're allowed 12 and larger gauges... because I mean... come on...) but not .22s.
    This is why people ban guns. Gun supporters don't know what guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Indeed lol...
    What happened is disgusting, but this is classic propaganda, trying to "demonize" the "enemy" to the eyes of the public so they can keep justifying military actions that do far more damage than that single event.
    Also, i doubt a 14 year old is capable of "being an activist" for many reasons...

You do realize that in the 50-60s all those countries were quite stable, developing and comparable to the west?
    Check what happened around then, and who did it, and you will realize all those "monsters" are our creation.
    What the fuck are you talking about? How asinine... a girl fighting for women education get shots = propaganda? Are they leaving out a secret part of the story? Did she have a gun and they shot her in self defense? Or were they just mad and shot her to make a point? You know what likely happened.

I don't need to demonize them, they good a pretty damn good job of that themselves.

During the 60s there were teen activist fighting for civil rights so what the fuck are you talking about?

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 11:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Except Muslim's tend to have way more and way more damaging extremist than other religions.

She's an example of that religion of peace. Those who shot her, are examples of how grossly manipulative people can be to justifying killing to their religion.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    many people in those regions have a different mindset regarding the value of human lives. they simply don't care - unless you are of the same tribe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I don't know if you're stupid or acting stupid most of Muslims DO consider what the Talibans do as terror attacks.
    He's just stupid, ignore him. He was already banned. gg.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I don't know if you're stupid or acting stupid most of Muslims DO consider what the Talibans do as terror attacks.
    It's a sarcastic comment, which honestly isn't misplaced.

The extremist themselves say it's a peaceful religion, meanwhile, they will kill people. The extremist get offended when you call their peaceful religion violent, and will react violently.

So he's not being stupid or acting stupid....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Islam does approve, many muslims don't. You need a bit of research done to understand the basics of this conversation.

---------- Post added 2012-10-09 at 10:13 PM ----------

No, you said they are the same thing, as if all muslims believed in everything that Islam says.
    No, the Islam that is practiced by the vast majority of Muslims does not approve. The one that you perceive may approve of it, but just like there are many perspectives on Christianity, there are many perspectives on Islam, and NO single perspective is universal, so saying that "Islam does approve" as a blanket statement exposes your asininity and bias.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    It's a sarcastic comment, which honestly isn't misplaced.

The extremist themselves say it's a peaceful religion, meanwhile, they will kill people. The extremist get offended when you call their peaceful religion violent, and will react violently.

So he's not being stupid or acting stupid....
    The extremists do not say that it's a peaceful religion. Where the hell did you read that?

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Okay, ill do my best here.

1. I'm not going to link the verses as i don't want to get banned, they're there for anyone that wants to look it up. Doesn't take much reasearch.

2. The "command" structure comment is what i percieve to be the largest reason why so many terrorist actions happen in the name of islam. There is no established central clergy to commend or comdemn the actions taken by extremist elements. Of course it doesn't help that the world wide islamic community seems to be errily silent when atrocities are commited in the name of their religion, but are oddly vocal about a "C" grade video demeaning their prophet or a unfounded rumour about someone somewhere urinating on a quran wehter its true or not.

From my experence in the middle east, the imams and various church/ sect leaders in any paticular area have a GIANT impact on what the people in that area believe. Without going into deep text walling, i can like it to the influence that priests had on people during the dark ages. The populace in some areas in the middle east seem to be much more controlled by religious leaders than in the west.

The taliban and al-queda are not allowed in many gulf states because they know what a bunch of troublemakers they are. Thats why they are not welcome, not nessesarily because they disagree with everything they say or do, but because they don't want their bad habits conflicting with their power.

3. Lastly Culture has a huge part to play. While many of the middle eastern / southwest asian countries have a similar religion, the cultures vary wildly. Iran and Iraq for example
    The total amount of people protesting the anti-Islamic video a few months ago was less than the number of Muslims who sent letters of condolences to Amb. Stevens' family. Fact.

Just because you see a street full of protesting hooligans does not mean that you can extrapolate their feelings to the entire populace. While most Muslims obviously dislike the movie, the vast, vast majority of them were silent in their dislike rather than rioting.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Arcsecant View Post
    Terrorists had no business shooting her and she had no business being an activist at 14.
    She can do whatever the hell she wants at any age as long as its illegal, which it obviously is in this case. Just because you were wasting time and getting faded at 14 doesn't mean that everyone else has to.