Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Because it begs the question, if only 1% of the playerbase raids two weeks into a new expansion, how long will Blizzard continue to pour so much development resources into raids?

It's just very different than what has happened with the last couple of expacs.
    I'm actually surprised that it's that high so soon. Not sure why you think a lot of people were raiding two weeks into TBC, Wrath, or Cata.

Quick question, Galaddriel, are you raid ready? ilvl 463+ fully enchanted and gemmed? I know I'm not. And I've played quite a bit since launch.
    Last edited by SamR; 2012-10-09 at 11:58 PM.

I still need 3 or 4 pieces from heroics, but nothing will drop. It's a slow process unfortunately.

Why?

Disregarding the fact some people might just have very little time to play and are thus savoring the 85-90 leveling, once you hit 90 there isn't much to do.

Does your statistic include LFR? Once you've done that you've seen the content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    my guild is raiding and we have alot of lvl 90 characters, in 2 weeks we will start another raid, so the people that is slower (like me , im lvl 90 but not that good geared) can raid aswell.

It's not vacations, so most people have college classes, unlike previous expansions, so there's that. Both of my guildmasters are still at 88 as of today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    http://www.wowprogress.com/post/120_...aiding_results

Out of the 2.7 million that purchased MoP, only 900,000 have leveled to 90 (33%).

Of that 900k, only 136,000 have killed a boss (5% of those that purchased, 15% of those that leveled, 1% of 10 million playerbase)
    You can't count 10 million in there. Because only 2.7 millionn have bought MoP. So your correct thinking would be to only leave 2.7 million as the amount of eligable ppl. With almost a million out of that 2.7 million at max level, having 100k raiding isn't bad. Remember 7.3 ppl aren't even able to get to max level to raid.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 12:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We do not have numbers from Classic WoW, but so very few people managed to see Naxx 40 (least at all kill anything in there) that Blizzard decided to bring it back in WotLK.

Numbers that we do have from Wowprogress: Initially no guild could kill LK without a zone buff. As the buffs increased and weekly raidquests were added, up to 2 million characters raided.

With the introduction of once more un-nerfed raids in T11 and T12 there were 500 000 raiders in normal and heroic modes.

With the introduction of LFR, that number rose to 2 million initially (this number was posted on MMO Champion) - how many ended up doing LFR, I have no idea. But 62 000 guilds killed at least 1/8 DS normal, that is approximately 750 000 raiders in normal mode (give or take)

Yes - you read a lot of posts about raiding, about too little raid content etc etc - but really that is how it is: 10% of the players raid. Yet on raids most patches focus.
    Correct. I think the biggest mistake blizz made was ramming raiding down everyone's throats. Most people simply do not want to raid.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering how slow and boring 85-90 is, it's not surprising how few are at max let alone how few are raiding.

A lot of people have jobs you know :P

I took 2 weeks off and still barely got geared in time!

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Wait for the inevitable nerfs
    Can you cry into this bucket? I'm collecting QQ.

I am surprised that these numbers showing the amount of people raiding have only been taken (so far) as an indicator of possible loss on raiding interest instead of an indicator of world/outdoor stuff interest increase (minigames included)...

maybe more people is enjoying the questing? maybe they are enjoying dungeons? maybe they are enjoying pvp? maybe they are enjoying pet battles/farm?

Not trying to assure thats the case, just wanted to add another possible point of view....
    Last edited by resto4life; 2012-10-10 at 12:30 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is a surprise? The majority of people actually don't raid, and being surprised at low numbers two weeks into an expansion is kinda silly.

at the rate of how content comes out, i see no need to rush so i'm content just casually gearing up and dicking around on alts.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's a lot to do and for once it's possible to get a sense that a lot of people are actually enjoying leveling and not rushing through it. And it's something of a long haul to 90 compared to Cataclysm if you can only play a couple of hours a day and do other things along the way. Being ground-bound slows things down. It's also personally a very pleasant way to play.

People will get there. It's impossible to tell what point the OP was trying to make but a valid point of view is that people are enjoying things and taking their time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still have to wait for everyone and there mother to hit 90 first then the LFG will start to roll out in trade chat

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    There's a lot to do and for once it's possible to get a sense that a lot of people are actually enjoying leveling and not rushing through it. And it's something of a long haul to 90 compared to Cataclysm if you can only play a couple of hours a day and do other things along the way. Being ground-bound slows things down. It's also personally a very pleasant way to play.

People will get there. It's impossible to tell what point the OP was trying to make but a valid point of view is that people are enjoying things and taking their time.
    From everything I've read, I'd definitely would be one of those mucking about with Archaeology, the Lorewalkers, the Pet Battles and all of that jazz before I touched LFR. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Vokal View Post
    I lol'd.

I guess you meant all those pointless boring lame dailies.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 03:48 AM ----------

^This basically.

I just thought about this, and realized how correct you are in saying it. =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    From everything I've read, I'd definitely would be one of those mucking about with Archaeology, the Lorewalkers, the Pet Battles and all of that jazz before I touched LFR. ^_^
    People might pick up the pace a little bit with LFR opening up but the way the raids are gated, it's easy to understand why people who aren't ever going to be in the race to be number 1 are taking their time. There really is a lot to see and do and the leveling experience is pretty rich if you're into that sort of thing (I am). I haven't done anything with Lorewalkers or Archaeology yet but pet battles are fun and it's pretty easy to lose an hour or two to them if you don't pay attention.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    How many hundreds of thousands are in the same situation as I am, waiting for my guild to get enough 90s to maintain 10 raiders.
    Yep. 5 of our team were ready last week but we have 5 slackers who are taking their time.

10+ Year Old Account
    I lol'd.

I guess you meant all those pointless boring lame dailies.[COLOR="red"]
    Which are more interesting than boring lame raids.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 01:17 AM ----------

It's pointless.

And boring as hell.

Its also the lazy route where they dont have to put in the effort they normally would if they went with improving raiding and pvp and boosting it with more actual content. Worst expansion ever.
    Worst poster ever.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yes - you read a lot of posts about raiding, about too little raid content etc etc - but really that is how it is: 10% of the players raid. Yet on raids most patches focus.
    but if you're not raiding then what else can you been doing at end game?
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Deleted
    Still early in the expansion, people will raid soon enough