Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Ok...I am calling it now: 2 new classes:
    Beastmaster - +3 pets controlled, differ buffs etc) + dual wield, melee dps/tank
    Daemon Hunter - dual wield (WARGLAIVES AND W3 DH ANIMATIONS! I am gonna play this forever, epic win!), daemonic powers, melee dps + some caster

2 new races: High Elves + Half-ogres

How much win there is? ALOT.
    It would be WoW's Jedi moment.

Two classes with 2 years to make would be so OP and broken that players would rush them.
    Alliance would revolt over a recycled model race while horde got a new one.

And in the end, the game would be forever broken.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, interesting bit about the Old Gods, and the Titans apparently killing 'a lot.'

That aspect of Warcraft lore really needs some hammering out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenosege View Post
    Alliance players will take over from an incompetent commander and lead an army
    The Alliance will band together behind Wrynn, while the Horde will... not when it comes to Garrosh
    Oh dam, for half a second, I thought the incompetent commander was Varian being referred. So sick of whatever story the Alliance actually getting for once, always revolving around Varian and his son Prince Sunshine and Rainbows.

Expansion #5: The Burning Void

New Content! - Argus
    Level Cap Raised to 95
    Outland Re-vamped
    New Horde Race: Ogre
    New Alliance Race: Arrakoa
    New Neutral Race: Etheral
    No New class added, but every class will receive a fourth spec. Mages and Rogues can now heal! Shamans and Warlocks can now tank! Melee dps spec for Priests!
    Proffessions - Skinning has been changed to let you skin and gather wood. New proffession - Woodworking! Build bows, staves, wands, and trinkets!
    New Battlegrounds!
    New Dungeons!
    New Raids! (Those three are a given ;p)

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

Quote Originally Posted by Pud'n View Post
    Oh dam, for half a second, I thought the incompetent commander was Varian being referred. So sick of whatever story the Alliance actually getting for once, always revolving around Varian and his son Prince Sunshine and Rainbows.
    Tyrande is supposed to be having some time in the spotlight in 5.1 as well. Hopefully they'll start developing the other leaders like they've been doing with the Horde. But bear in mind that the Horde has been tied to the orc leader and much of the other leaders' development has been intertwined with him. Where much of the developments have been in conflict to Garrosh, the Alliance can equally see development tied with Varian without being bad.

Anduin only recently started getting development, though. I think it's early to say everything has involved him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Expansion #5: The Burning Void

New Content! - Argus
    Level Cap Raised to 95
    Outland Re-vamped
    New Horde Race: Ogre
    New Alliance Race: Arrakoa
    New Neutral Race: Etheral
    No New class added, but every class will receive a fourth spec. Mages and Rogues can now heal! Shamans and Warlocks can now tank! Melee dps spec for Priests!
    Proffessions - Skinning has been changed to let you skin and gather wood. New proffession - Woodworking! Build bows, staves, wands, and trinkets!
    New Battlegrounds!
    New Dungeons!
    New Raids! (Those three are a given ;p)
    Challenge accepted!

World of Warcraft: The Titan Moon

New Continent - Blue Child
    Level Cap Raised to 95
    BElf and Draenei starting zones revamped.
    New Neutral Race: Arrakoa
    New Heroic Neutral Race: Drakenoid
    Several classes gain fourth specs. (Caster Monk, Warlock Tank, Battlemage, Petless Hunter, some others I haven't decided on yet)
    New Race/Class combinations. (Classes that don't get a 4th spec will get some new race choices. This does not include new races)
    Guild Level Cap raised to 30.
    Guild Bases and Transportation.
    Expanded Talent System (not revamped)
    Racial Revamp
    Challenge Raids

World of Warcraft: Army of the Light

New Continent - Argus
    Level cap raised to 100
    Outland revamped (not rebuilt like Cata)
    New Neutral Race: Ethereal
    New Hero Class: Demon Hunter
    Who knows what the future will hold for new features...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Windwalker View Post
    Rexxar Warchief 2012 - full support
    YES YES

even though it definitely not fit into his character of loner

Personally I've been saying I'd like the next expansion to level cap 95 to deal with Azshara and N'Zoth. Though I'd like the patches to lead up to a battle against Azshara only for her to manipulate us into a position to actually fight WITH the naga to stop N'Zoth. An Emerald Dream based raid to fight the nightmare included and it all culminates in stopping N'Zoth and Azshara escaping rather than being killed in the end. A hollow victory knowing she and the naga are completely free to their own devices.

Burning Legion would be fitting for a level cap 100 expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Personally I've been saying I'd like the next expansion to level cap 95 to deal with Azshara and N'Zoth. Though I'd like the patches to lead up to a battle against Azshara only for her to manipulate us into a position to actually fight WITH the naga to stop N'Zoth. An Emerald Dream based raid to fight the nightmare included and it all culminates in stopping N'Zoth and Azshara escaping rather than being killed in the end. A hollow victory knowing she and the naga are completely free to their own devices.

Burning Legion would be fitting for a level cap 100 expansion.
    Well everything is stacking up for us to jump right to the Legion.

Azshara may have been placed as stronger than Kil'jaedan, since I'm 99% sure we will never kill Sargeras in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    New Heroic Neutral Race: Drakenoid
    Define Heroic Neutral Race

Warender - Orc Enhancement Shaman - Mal'Ganis US

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I think they've done a good job developing Varian and I'm liking how he's developed recently.
    The whole "trials of Hercules" type scenario sounded cool to me, IF and ONLY IF it developed Varian into being the High Commander of the Alliance, not the High King. Anduin Lothar was his mentor after the fall of Stormwind and it would be fitting for Varian to follow into that role.

Furthering the idea, I'd love to see Varian become High Commander as Anduin takes on the crown. Varian's a warrior, Anduin's a diplomat. It should make a good balance.

But that's something you'd expect down the road when Anduin's older.

Definitely grin and bear it and wait (im)patiently.
    Oh don't get me wrong I like the development Varian is getting, it's just I'd like to see some non-humans get some of the spotlight also (Notably Tyrande).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Define Heroic Neutral Race
    Essentially what it means is it's a race that starts at a higher level, along with various restrictions. What I was thinking for restrictions is you have to first hit level 95, do a short quest chain explaining why Drakenoids are chosing sides, then you can roll one per server on servers where you already have an 85.

The same way she convinces new forsaken. Serve her or die. Alternatively, Blozz can bring back the mind control quest from Cata beta.
    Sounds fun. Players (not me) don't like Garrosh, because he says "serve me or GTFO". Well, there goes a nice alternative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Sounds fun. Players (not me) don't like Garrosh, because he says "serve me or GTFO". Well, there goes a nice alternative.
    It's what I've said for a long time. The only way to continue open warfare past MoP (not PvP, but blatant open War like 1-60 and 85-90) is to put someone even worse in charge.

The Lich Queen (Sylvanas post-Wrath) works for that.

15+ Year Old Account

Azshara may have been placed as stronger than Kil'jaedan, since I'm 99% sure we will never kill Sargeras in WoW.
    Why do you think that? When you add the fact that the Titans would obviously be helping us kill him, it isn't far fetched to think we will kill Sargeras in WoW.

Sargeras has been built up to the "grand villain" of all of Warcraft. The entire idea that we won't kill him is kinda dumb. Do you really think Blizzard would do Kil'Jaedan as the final boss of an Argus expansion, a boss that we have fought (and "defeated") already?

Also, the entire point of getting rid of Garrosh is to allow the two factions to ally when we fight the Legion... putting Sylvanas in charge would be counter-productive.
    Last edited by Sesto; 2012-10-10 at 07:21 PM.

Deleted
    The 1 with the blood elfes could be interesting as we have seen NOFING since the story end after the sunwell ignition, it might be a re-new of thier lore + thier affection with garrosh i'd bet as they're known for thier tactics in war, just a speculation..

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're right. Blizzard isn't likely to plant the seeds they have and not go straight to them. I just like it when MMO developers put things in game that hint at future storylines and let them linger and dangle, adding other hints and even red herrings before actually going down those paths.

Oh don't get me wrong I like the development Varian is getting, it's just I'd like to see some non-humans get some of the spotlight also (Notably Tyrande).
    Agreed, and Shandris!

Honestly, I'd like to see Tyrande and Shandris out there leading some forces. I'd also like to see Vereesa on the battlefield after Rhonin's death. And when Alleria is finally back, I want the uncomfortable family reunion.

The same way she convinces new forsaken. Serve her or die. Alternatively, Blozz can bring back the mind control quest from Cata beta.
    That quest was removed because the dev that wrote it completely missed the point of Sylvanas' character, and so have you.

If you're raised as a Forsaken your choices are: A.) Serve the Banshee Queen, which just means be a citizen of the Undercity, as not all forsaken are soldiers. B.) Return to being dead, because as a level 1 quest shows you, the undead can just willpower themselves dead. Or C.) Go do something else. As Sylvanas has no hostilities towards the Argent Crusade or the Ebon Blade, the exception being Koltira, who directly costs the deaths of many Forsaken soldiers because he didn't end the siege of Andorhal when he could have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Sylvanas authorizes genocide to pave the way for theft of resources and land from it's original owners? The invasion of Gilneas was done at the behest of the pin-headed orc filth known as Garrosh.
    I don't understand the banding together behind Wrynn. Banding together behind the Alliance yes, but behind Wrynn? Makes very little sense but it's wow lore so...Night Elves killed Alliance and Horde alike in WC3. WC3 is ancient history and needs to stop being referred to. The book is closed, every last player in that story has seen their time pass. In short, it doesn't make a bit of difference any more with the Pandaria story. What was written then has changed now or can easily be retconned out.
    I'd like to correct some things here.

Sylvannas sees the Forsaken as her shield against death. So she does do mass genocide. Although Garrosh asked her to get a harbour and she went to Gilneas, she also tested chemical weapons on Southshore, made human-farms in Hillsbrad and tries to continue the plaguing of the land in Western Plaguelands.

I won't comment of Varian as never wanted a blue Horde either.

And as for Rexxar, here is the deal, Rexxar did not kill Alliance troops. He killed Kul Tiras troops, while Jaina had distanced herself and the Alliance from them when they said they want to destroy the orcs and didn't want to listen to diplomacy. So Rexxar killed the soldiers of Admiral Proudmoore, which, even though allied with the Alliance, were sort of a distinct part of the Alliance. Sort of how the brown orcs are to the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Why do you think that? When you add the fact that the Titans would obviously be helping us kill him, it isn't far fetched to think we will kill Sargeras in WoW.

Sargeras has been built up to the "grand villain" of all of Warcraft. The entire idea that we won't kill him is kinda dumb. Do you really think Blizzard would do Kil'Jaedan as the final boss of an Argus expansion, a boss that we have fought (and "defeated") already?
    1. The Age of Mortals seems to sugguest that we won't be helped by our Gods to kill villains in the future. Unless Blizz decides to go back on that for the second time (first was WC3-WoW)

2. Sargeras is indeed the grand villain of Warcraft. You kill him and the series ends. It's like killing Sauron. I doubt Blizz would end their 10,000,000 player cash cow.

3. From WoWpedia.
    As a former Champion of the Pantheon, Sargeras is nearly impervious to physical damage. He is highly resistant to magical attacks. His natural attacks are more powerful than other titans. Demonic influences have given Sargeras' body flames and made him totally immune to fire damage and fel damage. Sargeras' flesh burns with demonic energy, scorching everything in his path. Sargeras' body flames slowly increase the ambient temperature by up to fifty degrees in every direction for one thousand miles. The effect on natural climates can be devastating.
    He has been shown to display the following powers:
    Telepathy (able to commune with his servants, such as Mannoroth and Archimonde, from the Nether)
    Illusion (created a false vision of what he offered to the eredar in exchange for their obedience)
    Invulnerability against mortal weapons, and limited immunity to immortal weapons (the axe created by Cenarius for Broxigar was able to wound him, but not to any great effect, while the powers of the Demon Soul had no effect) as well as complete immunity to fire and fel magics.
    Various magical abilities (lashed out with energy at Illidan via the portal being opened to summon him).
    Able to look into the mortal realm through the eyes of a chosen servant (his "gift" to Illidan).
    Ability to enter mortal bodies (remained within Aegwynn's womb for nearly a millennium) and take control of them (Medivh).
    Body Flames (Sargeras’ flesh burns with demonic energy, scorching everything in his path. Sargeras’s body flames slowly increase the ambient temperature by up to 50 degrees in every direction for 1,000 miles. The effect on natural climates can be devastating.)[11][16]
    His molten armor can nearly burn your eyes.[16]
    The strength of 100 dragons is merely a fraction of Sargeras' strength;[17] his strength nearly matches the power of a portal closing.
    In comparison to Sargeras, Mannoroth and Archimonde were as fleas.[17] This could be a reference to either power or height.
    He wields the horrific broken sword, Gorribal.
    If he's so important to the lore, and so powerful, he won't be defeated ever.