Poll: Do you include 10 man raids in World First

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you include 10 man raids in the World First race?

In the World First Race thread (http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...rld-First-Race), a lot of posters are arguing about whether or not 10 man raiding guilds such as DREAM Paragon qualify for World First, as 25 man raids are supposedly harder.

I'm curious to see what the majority believe, and why.

Deleted
    I do include 10 mans in the world first race. If they kill the bosses first in the world, then it is world first. Simple.

Deleted
    People will vote yes because that's what they raid and they want their content to appear relevant on all levels. This poll won't really do much good. I would rather see a "provide insightful and relevant arguments for why 10mans should be considered equivalent to 25mans when tracking world's first kills" topic.

Not really, I find its a 10 mans worlds first, and a 25s world first inn the case of 10 mans getting the kill first
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought the raiding community never accepted 10 man raiding when it came to world first progression. At least that's how it appeared before Paragon went 10 man...
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

the way i see it if a boss dies for the first time in the world it is a world first no matter the size of the raid. So yes i do include 10man in the world first race.

Nope.

10 Man is much easier.

Aren't 10 and 25 achievements separated? I think world first should be too.

10+ Year Old Account
    this thread is just begging to get locked with the incoming '25 man is real raiding 10 man isn't' bullshit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Nope.

10 Man is much easier.
    Any actual proof of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ordained View Post
    Aren't 10 and 25 achievements separated? I think world first should be too.
    They haven't been since WotLK

Deleted
    I would say yes it's a world's first, If guild A(10) kills the boss first then guild B(25) kills the boss second I don't see how guild B killed it first ^.-

Simple logic.
    Last edited by mmoc1c679ab38d; 2012-10-10 at 08:46 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnuk View Post
    I do include 10 mans in the world first race. If they kill the bosses first in the world, then it is world first. Simple.
    First reply hit the nail on the head.

Nope.

10 Man is much easier.
    Look at how many 25man guilds have killed the first 2 bosses compared to 10man guilds and keep in mind that there are a massive amount of 10man guilds out there compared to 25man.

Appears to me that there is a larger portion of the 25man population able to kill 2/6 already compared to 10man which probably indicates that 10man is harder mechanically or tuned harder compared to 25man.

Deleted
    Nope.

10 Man is much easier.

No? I find 10 man just as hard as 25.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnuk View Post
    World first 10 man yes.You can't compare them, just a matter of time they will be separated in the achievements too.
    On top of that, 25m is ofcourse the last real raidsize left in WoW, more players, more personal skill involved, more players working together.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    the way i see it if a boss dies for the first time in the world it is a world first no matter the size of the raid. So yes i do include 10man in the world first race.
    Absolutely not. We do not care about World First LFR because there are more challenging versions of the exact same boss. 25M Heroic is the most challenging version of any boss, as such it should be the only World First given credance to. The 10M world first should be equivalent to the Triple A minor league baseball champion. If you really wanted to find out who won it you could, but it would never be reported as big news.

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Look at how many 25man guilds have killed the first 2 bosses compared to 10man guilds and keep in mind that there are a massive amount of 10man guilds out there compared to 25man.

Appears to me that there is a larger portion of the 25man population able to kill 2/6 already compared to 10man which probably indicates that 10man is harder mechanically or tuned harder compared to 25man.
    Or the 25m community that is left is more "hardcore" than the average 10m that raids. There are so many variables.

And yes, why would you exclude 10mans? First is first.

old argument is pretty old

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post

That's because the last 25ms left mostly consist of really good players.

I would never do a 10 man over a 25 man there is a clear difference in which is more fun but that should not determine the legitimacy of a world first kill imo. Blizzard puts different raid sizes into the game so different guilds have a choice on how they want to play. If I had a group of like 7 irl friends and we made a raiding guild I would want it to be 10 man. Its just a question of play style.