Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Laize View Post
    I hate you.

Every time I get stuck in the friend zone with a woman I get more bitter and cynical and it becomes harder to avoid outright misogyny.
    Pretty simple solution. Stop being friends with girls. Then you won't be friend zoned.

Also, any single guy who claims he is fine with "being friends" with a hot girl is lying to himself, on whatever level.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudommer View Post
    So when you see a girl walking down the street is your first thought: "hmm, I'd like to f**k her"?
    Do you think that the only reason guys and friends with girls is bc there is the
    underlying want to have sex with them and the slight possibility that some
    day she may let her guard down and let that happen?

Please give YOUR response to those questions! Be as open and honest as you possibly can.
    1) If she's a troll, no, that's not my first thought. If she's smoking hot, dressed to impress, and/or clearly ovulating: yes, that's my first thought.
    2) I'm not really friends with girls who think of sex as something they need to guard. This isn't the goddamn 50s.

She may be being truthful about never having those thoughts about attractive men she sees, but plenty of women I know do.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    Pretty simple solution. Stop being friends with girls. Then you won't be friend zoned.
    Then you just get the "I think he's gay" Zone.

Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    Then you just get the "I think he's gay" Zone.
    so if you ask a girl out and she says no, then she will think you are gay?
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Well that was an interesting read.

Was a complete douchebag, they should probably remember that the only reason he exists is because of the friend zone, which is an almost uniquely female construct.
    On the contrary, the friendzone was invented by men to explain why their attempts at procuring sex (or anything else they seek to glean from a female counterpart) have failed. The truth is that men put themselves in the friend zone. When a woman tells you you're in the friend zone, she didn't put you there, she just gave you a reality check of where things stand because you're THAT clueless.

Think of it this way, if you are playing the stock market, attempting to get a good return on your investment and you utterly suck at investing your money wisely.. would you blame yourself for being a terrible investor or would you blame the stock market for making you poor? It's the same damn thing. You're just terrible at accomplishing what you want with women, yet you blame them for your failures. That's pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    On the contrary, the friendzone was invented by men to explain why their attempts at procuring sex (or anything else they seek to glean from a female counterpart) have failed. The truth is that men put themselves in the friend zone. When a woman tells you you're in the friend zone, she didn't put you there, she just gave you a reality check of where things stand because you're THAT clueless.

Think of it this way, if you are playing the stock market, attempting to get a good return on your investment and you utterly suck at investing your money wisely.. would you blame yourself for being a terrible investor or would you blame the stock market for making you poor? It's the same damn thing. You're just terrible at accomplishing what you want with women, yet you blame them for your failures. That's pretty pathetic.
    no Women put you there and its your decision if you want to stay there or not.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post

Mmmm.... nah. See the thing is that men don't really have a counterpart to the friend zone. Rare is it that a man wouldn't sleep with a female friend he found attractive if neither of them were in a relationship.

The guys who get sick of being stuck in the friend zone look at why this happens. People like "Mystery" have a solution. Yes, that solution absolutely works. It just makes you into a douchebag in the process.

So essentially you seem to be getting mad at guys who aren't good with women... and then mad at them AGAIN when they've rectified that problem. Not sure I understand what you're saying.

Yes, when I see a hot chick walking down the road wearing daisy dukes- I fantasize for a few seconds and then its over- if she didn't want me to look then she wouldn't be half naked. I think chicks also think "I'd like a piece of that ass" as well when it comes to us men. They are just more "Secretive" about it? In other words they are better at not getting caught sneaking a peak.

Mmmm.... nah. See the thing is that men don't really have a counterpart to the friend zone. Rare is it that a man wouldn't sleep with a female friend he found attractive if neither of them were in a relationship.

The guys who get sick of being stuck in the friend zone look at why this happens. People like "Mystery" have a solution. Yes, that solution absolutely works. It just makes you into a douchebag in the process.

So essentially you seem to be getting mad at guys who aren't good with women... and then mad at them AGAIN when they've rectified that problem. Not sure I understand what you're saying.
    Guys like "mystery" use manipulation to sleep with women. They do not have healthy relationships. He is not a role model.

Forums like SoSuave (where all this PUA shit originated) are full of virgins trying to sound "educated" about women.

Quote Originally Posted by nightshark View Post
    Guys like "mystery" use manipulation to sleep with women. They do not have healthy relationships. He is not a role model.
    You would be surprised at how few fucks one gives about "healthy relationships" when you turn 30 and haven't had any relationships at all.

Read this and you'll get some insight into the community.

One guy did exactly that. Turned 30 and had never had a girlfriend or even been laid. Spent his whole life wondering what the fuck was wrong with him, near suicidal. Do you think someone like that gives an honest fuck whether their relationship is healthy or not? At least in the beginning?

Of course not. To someone like that it's more important to learn what they're doing wrong first and move from there.

Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    I know it's a drunken satire and slightly exaggerated, but it does have truth to it.

Most guys, rate any girl (and/or guy) on a scale of 10 when they first see them. This is fact. Though not everyone uses the same type of rating system/scale.

Though if you want to defend that males/females can be "just" friends, you could go with the extreme that humans can't be friends with each other because deep down everyone has sexual urges. No one can be 100% straight, there is always a part deep in your subconscious that is homosexual or bi-curious. Freud would have had something to say about this.

Thus no one could be "just" friends, since the elephant-in-the-room of your subconscious, would be the inherent sexual tension brought upon by the hormonal and instinctual urges of being human. Thus if no one, not even two straight men, could be "just" friends, then everyone could be "just" friends. Therefore males and females can be friends, because the human urges will always be there regardless of what gender and/or orientation one might be...

(Unless of course you are a sociopath :P)
    Last edited by Seref; 2012-10-10 at 08:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. I don't think that.

But i often enough see a girl and think "She's hot!". But i don't have any desire to jump on complete strangers.

I would like to get to know her first.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not always like that.

Sometimes you just look at them and think that they are cute. And that I would like to see them naked.

You clearly have never been in a situation where a female would not be honest with you, and continued to use you as her shoulder to cry on and for your money.

Yes, many boys use it as an excuse for why they can't get laid. Does not mean that there are not evil, reprehensible girls out there who take advantage of it. But whenever a guy complains about the friend zone, you can almost be certain that they don't give two flying fucks about the idiom that there are "plenty of fish in the sea".

It's honestly silly.

If you want to get fucked, there are going to be girls who aren't going to give it up just because you ask them to. If they don't, fuck them and fuck their couch, fuck their mom. or you know, find a different girl.

Many threads about love come up where someone is "friendzoned" and they want more than to just get laid. Or at least, claim to. If a girl wasn't interested 3 months ago, she isn't going to be interested today. Unless you wrassled a fucking bear to save her shi tzu or wrote a song about her that doesn't suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would be surprised at how few fucks one gives about "healthy relationships" when you turn 30 and haven't had any relationships at all.

Read this and you'll get some insight into the community.

One guy did exactly that. Turned 30 and had never had a girlfriend or even been laid. Spent his whole life wondering what the fuck was wrong with him, near suicidal. Do you think someone like that gives an honest fuck whether their relationship is healthy or not? At least in the beginning?

Of course not. To someone like that it's more important to learn what they're doing wrong first and move from there.
    Be careful with that knowledge. That can turn someone into a depressed womanizer where they will never really care for the opposite sex the same way again.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2012-10-10 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Be careful with that knowledge. That can create someone into a depressed womanizer where they will never really care for the opposite sex the same way again.
    This was years ago I read that book. Today it's more of a good story than a "how to" guide in my mind.

I can tell you from someone who was in that position, however, that anything is better than nothing.

Just like there are emotionally damaged women who get into unhealthy relationships that only worsen the condition, so too are there emotionally damaged men who have difficulty getting ANY relationship and unreciprocated feelings for women only worsens that condition.

The critical difference is that emotionally damaged women are offered support and sympathy by society (Except Springer fans) while emotionally damaged men are almost universally derided and mocked. Do you honestly believe such a paradigm would produce healthy human beings?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xires View Post
    Yes, when I see a hot chick walking down the road wearing daisy dukes- I fantasize for a few seconds and then its over- if she didn't want me to look then she wouldn't be half naked. I think chicks also think "I'd like a piece of that ass" as well when it comes to us men. They are just more "Secretive" about it? In other words they are better at not getting caught sneaking a peak.
    Not really to be honest. I cant say I've ever thought about a man, no matter how physically attractive he is that way only by looking at him. And the other important details don't become apparent before I either interact with him in some way or see him talk, do things etc. from afar for longer (for example actors).

So at least for me, it's never "ooh, he looks hot, I want to jump in the bed with him!". In fact, I've actually checked out other women more than men, either to feel better about myself or out of jealousy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pseudommer View Post
    Do you think that the only reason guys and friends with girls is bc there is the underlying want to have sex with them and the slight possibility that some day she may let her guard down and let that happen?
    Ugh, reading that kinda hurt.

Anyway, yes I do believe pretty much all guys think that way. Men and women can't be 'just' friends.
    Our primal instincts come before our rational thought. We may not always act on it, but the idea and feelings are definitely there.

There are actually multiple reasons for this behaviour.

First of all, men and women historically have different priorities when it comes to producing offspring.
    Women need to look for a good father for their children, so they take a more critical look at their potential partners. Men are historically seen the most independant, and therefor they only need to find a healthy woman. It doesn't really have to be a good woman, since he needs to do all the important things himself anyway. (take in mind, this is historically speaking) Bottom line is, men are simply less critical when it comes to potential partners. They would much sooner say yes.

Another thing, men and women usually have completely different interests. It's much easier for men to be friends with other men because they like the same thing. How many women like to drink beer and watch sports for example? Why bother to be friends with a woman? It takes more time and the chances of liking the same things are much smaller. So why even bother having them as friends? Being friends with a woman instead of a man is pretty much a waste of time. So most men either choose to be friends with men or to start a relationship with women. There is nothing in between, there is no room for friendship with women. There is no desire to be friends with women, it's just not effective and fun. (well, for the most part)

Anyway, now that I've said that. Of course it's not impossible for men and women to be friends. But let's not deny our primal instincts, those will always be our first thought. Many men will probably have those feelings, but will still try to be friends with women. And after enough time they will truly be friends. But if men don't even consider the option then something is seriously wrong with them imo.

The only way I can be friends with girls (and trust me, I have lots of female friends), is because I'm either not interested in them, they are not interested in me or we've developed sort of a brother/sister bond through common history.

TL;DR:
    Guys and girls can't be real friends, guys will always have instincts underneath their rational thought.
    Also, why bother with female friends when male friends are much more fun most times?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    But were you in a relationship when you had those friends?
    And if not, you never once wanted more?
    How could you not want to be more than "just friends" with someone whom you find attractive who shares enough common interests with you to be friends?
    Sometimes I was in a relationship, sometimes not. I enjoy attractive people aesthetically, but that doesn't need to lead to a dedicated relationship. Having fun can be enough. And I can't stay friends with someone after the relationship is over, so I would possibly be ruining a good thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    And then you made out right?
    That... only happened once. My brother has this a lot more, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    TL;DR:
    Guys and girls can't be real friends, guys will always have instincts underneath their rational thought.
    Also, why bother with female friends when male friends are much more fun most times?
    No-one bases their behavior on just their instincts. That's just wrong. And there's nothing that makes men more fun by default.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Seref View Post
    I know it's a drunken satire and slightly exaggerated, but it does have truth to it.

Most guys, rate any girl (and/or guy) on a scale of 10 when they first see them. This is fact. Though not everyone uses the same type of rating system/scale.
    Rating someone isn't the same as being sexually up for it though is it? We can be (somewhat) objective when it comes to beauty.

I have a few girl friends, one that I've known since 5th grade(I'm 28 soon, so thats 16 years), I will admit we've had times when we've not always been on the same level, she, like almost every girl I know have tendencies of being... whats the word, like claiming ownership haha... she has not always agreed with the choices I've made when it comes to both girlfriends and casual sex partners, but that was when we were younger. She is a beautiful woman by most definitions one could come up with but we've never had sex despite having lived together as flat mates, so I've seen.... and heard her doing a lot a of things .... no secrets man(well not many at least rofl)!

She has never taken any initiative and I've certainly never wanted to go down that path. I mean going by how she acted back when we were younger one could have suspected jealousy but thats the way things are among dudes to quite often, I'm pretty sure a lot of guys can relate to how they feel their "bro" is getting whiped, how their friendship gets more marginalized when they are in a relationship, fewer nights out with the guys etc. Anyways she has certainly had her chances and so have I... but nothing has ever happen, sure I'm no Brad Pitt but I've always had decent game for whatever reason, but going by her behaviour back when we were younger I certainly suspected she that she might be secrectly like me more then just a friend, yet she never acted on it. Nowdays this is never an issue, I think it's simply changes as one gets older and more mature.

Would be great to see some sort of statistics how common it is to sleep with a friend.
    I couldn't find anything on Sweden, all it said about the Nordic region was that it's more common in Finland. :P

Found some other interesting graphs though.

How often do you have sex?

Never had sex 5%
    No sex for the last 3 months 19%
    Every month 21%
    Every other week 14%
    Every week 22%
    Several times per week 19%

Have you had unprotected sex?

Do you get a posetive reaction when you ask to use a condom?

The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...