Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Venteus View Post
    I better see some warrior and hunter nerfs to go with this. There's nothing more obscene than warrior stun locks, and nothing more disgusting than the amount of sustained ranged burst a hunter can put out right now.
    Sustained burst. Hmm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak-qt View Post
    They haven't fixed it because its not broken, it's barley doing more dmg in raids then DoC does over the whole fight.
    Isn't the point of the talents to be that they are similar in terms of viability?

Deleted
    It NEEDED to be nerfed and still kinda does for resto cat. Hyperbole.

Expect plenty of other nerfs and even buffs (related and not-related to druids) rolling out over hotfixes and the next patch.

http://i.imgur.com/ArFtN.jpg

what nerf? Still doing 600k crits as feral

I'm almost 100% sure the nerf has gone through. Today my wrath (as feral) is hitting for around 100k, whereas yesterday they were hitting for around 180-200k.

Deleted
    I didn't notice any nerf. As a resto druid I can easily kill most opponents unless they use all defensive CD's or simply run away. With this talent activated I'm probably the best DPS around. Yesterday I killed other resto druid with 380k hp and I did 800k damage to him in about 20 secs. Melee classes are most easy to kill as they are constantly in range. I'm always going for flag carriers, they are dying like a chickens.

Funny is, no-one expect that huge damage from resto druid. People are dying sometimes in a few seconds and they've got no idea why !!

Fantastic and very op talent. It will be nefred very soon .....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sokanons View Post
    I'm almost 100% sure the nerf has gone through. Today my wrath (as feral) is hitting for around 100k, whereas yesterday they were hitting for around 180-200k.
    yes had some nice 200K+ crits again
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    it's either a really poorly done stealth nerf that only works now and then or just a bug (im inclined to go with the latter)

Yesterday on LFR noticed that i got about 8 misses in my rotation on a first pull but it was still critting for 200k.

Then when we did our first heroic stone guards pull i was barely hitting for 40k (every attempt after was fine) and yes both times i checked to see if i had even hit Hotw :P

im too scared to ticket it as a bug incase they nerf us :'(

15+ Year Old Account
    i think i found the bug
    HotW seems to hit for less when you have Mark of the Wild on you

i use an agi weapon
    cast wrath without MotW and it hots fr 110 / 220 crits
    i put up MotW and it start to hit for 89K / 170K crit
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

It appears that Paragon found that HotW was good enough to bring in 4 druids who were all specced with it. The only one not specced with it, comicly changed everything thing about his/her gear/spec before logging out to troll anyone looking at him on the armory.

At this point resto druid can't really manage that much DPS, but Feral kitty and probably boomkin can pull insane numbers by switching to each others spec with HotW.

I think a nerf is coming to the ability to bring the damage to the abilities much closer to the spec you're switching to.

when they stealth nerf something, it's so they can use the number of people who use it after as a defense for how good it still is

let's say you choose A
    A is great
    i nerf A without telling you
    you don't notice at first, so you still have A
    3 weeks later you quit using A
    you say A sucks now
    i say that post-nerf, 97% of people still used A, because nobody knew A sucked
    A sucks, no doubt, but i've "responded" so you can't accuse me of not caring.
    fanbois defend me and point to the "facts" that 97% still used A.
    you don't have the means to counter with how many people use A right NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    It appears that Paragon found that HotW was good enough to bring in 4 druids who were all specced with it. The only one not specced with it, comicly changed everything thing about his/her gear/spec before logging out to troll anyone looking at him on the armory.

At this point resto druid can't really manage that much DPS, but Feral kitty and probably boomkin can pull insane numbers by switching to each others spec with HotW.

I think a nerf is coming to the ability to bring the damage to the abilities much closer to the spec you're switching to.

You know, I thought HoTW was really good too, until I started raiding and saw how much other players can burst to as well. We're currently working on Garajal, a huge patchwerk type boss, and everyone's doing their damnedest to maximize damage. Here are some rough numbers for the first minute of the fight:

Hunters: 300k. No joke.
    Enh/Ele shaman - 200k.
    HoTW feral/moonkin - 200k.
    Death knights - 200k.

We're not even the highest burst over the first minute!

Want proof? take a look at the first minute of our feng kill here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f21OTtn59Q

I end up as top dps for the fight but I literally had to work my way up from #5 after the initial burst period.

And finally, I can't possibly understand why people think Blizzard intentionally stealth-nerfs things. It's almost certainly impossible to pull the wool over 10 million people.

Edit: Oh hey, new ptr notes, they're actually buffing wrath damage for ferals. Wheeee.
    Last edited by kaiadam; 2012-10-11 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kaiadam View Post
    Hunters: 300k. No joke.
    Enh/Ele shaman - 200k.
    HoTW feral/moonkin - 200k.
    Death knights - 200k.
    You're missing the core crying factor of the complaints about HotW. "That healy druid just killed me!" and then they start to blubber into their Monster energy drink.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by marnold2012 View Post
    keyword is HAD. It is now a useless talent at 90 for a 6m CD. 30% reduction in damage is A LOT.
    Yes it is and it was necessary. I'd argue though that the CD should now be 2 or 3 minutes.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Yes it is and it was necessary. I'd argue though that the CD should now be 2 or 3 minutes.
    I vote you for Druid developer <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Problem with that is the nerf only effects some users while a cool-down reduction would effect all. For example, I only use the cool-down to cast rejuvenation in bear form. So shorter cool-down would be a major buff for me.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we please shut this thread down already? There was no stealth Nerf and this guys threads are absurd at best. His others have been Shut down already, yet this has continued for 6 pages
    >(^v^)< <(^v^)> >(^v^)< <(^v^)> ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^ ^(^v^)v <(^v^<) <(___)> (>^v^)> <(^v^)> >(^v^)< ^(^v^)v v(^v^)^
    - Moonkin Dance: It's better than yours

My Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Dominian View Post
    Example on what actually got nerfed and why you shouldn't be complaining.
    EX:
    Moonkin hurricane tick - 12k
    Feral with HoTW hurricane tick - 72k

I was broken for feral and resto doing dps for arena and in raids. Wrath for feral was doing close to 200k. The only dps benefit it is supposed to have is the 6% stats for all classes, which stacks multiplicative with +5% from wearing leather. Don't complain about nerfs for bugs.
    ^^

I feel the 6% boost to prime stat is more than enough the xtra ability was never even needed.

Funny how many people think the switching specs part got added when it was actually the complete opposite. The 6% got added afterwards to make Druids competitive. Other classes trolling the Druid forums again I guess.