Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Unbuffed I'm at 9k and I'm still missing some items from reg hc's that give me spirit.

Ahhh, glad I found this post. After raiding last night and the recognition of how badly I'm struggling for mana on most fights, I figured spirit was the way to go(since we're all mostly undergeared still).

I'm running around 8500 spirit fully buffed(flask, food, etc...) and I definitely think I could use a lot more.
    I'm really missing how Telluric Current used to be right about now. 5 lightning bolts just to get back 10% mana...(also have to factor in how much LB costs). I don't even bother w/ TC glyph 'cause it's not even worth it, not by a long shot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shammyspice View Post
    Ahhh, glad I found this post. After raiding last night and the recognition of how badly I'm struggling for mana on most fights, I figured spirit was the way to go(since we're all mostly undergeared still).

I'm running around 8500 spirit fully buffed(flask, food, etc...) and I definitely think I could use a lot more.
    I'm really missing how Telluric Current used to be right about now. 5 lightning bolts just to get back 10% mana...(also have to factor in how much LB costs). I don't even bother w/ TC glyph 'cause it's not even worth it, not by a long shot
    Nah, TC is crap now. I tested it on a test dummy and realized it didn't regen enough for me to consider it a viable regen mechanic anymore.

I did a 6/6 run yesterday evening with my guild, 10 mand and healing with a monk and holy paladin. I am running 7.3K spirit - and although mana is (naturally) a limiting factor, my mana was fine during the entire raid. Yes, it dips very low on some fights, but that is sort of the entire point with the healer role, or it would just be a spam-spam-spam game and no fun. Most of the time I was in the 30-60% area. I'm in almost all blue 463 gear and quite competitive with the other healers.

Key points: really don't spam heal just to top people up on the last 20%; remember to use your HTT and Ascendance when it gets hard (you have a good throughput CD every 90 secs now); find the moments in every fight where you do not do anything and save up mana; don't be concerned with the heal-meter - you will do fine. Not using HR that much, and using RT+HW a lot; I'm not using the Riptide glyph on any fights.

I really love my resto shaman at the moment; we have some good strong cooldowns and utility, and I've found most of the 6 fights to fit our playstyle and spec quite well. Hope to get some gear on our run next week; used 5 charm coins with no luck and lost a heal trinket to the pala. Damn !

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    Nah, TC is crap now. I tested it on a test dummy and realized it didn't regen enough for me to consider it a viable regen mechanic anymore.
    Do not underestimate TC. It is still very powerful on fights with downtime. On Elegon, I got about 30 LBs in. That is 54,000 mana.
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Table View Post
    Do not underestimate TC. It is still very powerful on fights with downtime. On Elegon, I got about 30 LBs in. That is 54,000 mana.
    While the TC glyph isn't in my 'default' glyph setup, I also switched it in for Elegon because 1.) additional damage that's coming from a healer shouldn't be underestimated there and 2.) it was a godsend when dpsing the pillars. A small mana gain, a bit of dps... better than just standing there waiting for the action to start back up or even wasting a lot of mana on flameshocks and lavabursts - which the TC routine countered nicely.

Of course, not every encounter is suitable for the TC glyph. In fact, Elegon was the only encounter where I felt that providing some dps would be useful and simply switched it in. In any other encounters, I have so far not had the impression that it would be so useful, but who knows? The tier is still new.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    While the TC glyph isn't in my 'default' glyph setup, I also switched it in for Elegon because 1.) additional damage that's coming from a healer shouldn't be underestimated there and 2.) it was a godsend when dpsing the pillars. A small mana gain, a bit of dps... better than just standing there waiting for the action to start back up or even wasting a lot of mana on flameshocks and lavabursts - which the TC routine countered nicely.

Of course, not every encounter is suitable for the TC glyph. In fact, Elegon was the only encounter where I felt that providing some dps would be useful and simply switched it in. In any other encounters, I have so far not had the impression that it would be so useful, but who knows? The tier is still new.
    I found it useful on Feng, Spirit Kings, Elegon and Will because of downtime on normal modes. Even if I can only squeeze in 1 per minute, it is still better than other glyphs. Glyph of WS is only particularly strong on Stone Guard, for all the others I swap in TC.
    \

I would strongly suggest full Spirit stacking (i.e. Spirit food and flask, 320 Spirit gems and ignoring socket bonuses for everything but Spirit socket bonuses). Shaman output is very regen limited. To give you an idea of how much so, on Heroic Stone Guard, you get a Spirit buff that can stack to 150% increased Spirit. That means that my Spirit was at 30,000+ for a lot of the fight. Even at those levels, mana is not completely infinite (although obviously you can spam a lot more GHW/CH filler). More regen = more output, and your throughput already naturally scales sufficiently as you gear from INT on gear.

The other thing to keep in mind is the interaction with MTT and the raid benefit. Especially in a 25 man raid, if Spirit is even close to being the best stat, you should stack it because the regen benefit to the other 5-6 healers in the raid likely far exceeds any throughput gain you can realize with another gearing strategy.