Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what abilities do you think Ogres will have like the other races, and their classes, their home, and even their mount?
    I was thinking about Might of the Gronn that infuses the playable Ogres with strength and lasts for a short period of time, and same with others.
    It would be sweet as well for them to be Warrior, Mage, Monk, Hunter (With Gorilla starter pet), Shaman, Priest, Warlock, and then finally DK or even a Demon Hunter.
    Their mounts should be Clefthooves or the Mushan from Pandaria in which Ogres can have a good sized mount for them as well.

The female Ogres should have features kinda like tattoos as well, with different hair styles, and same with males different style horns and faces.
    http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/5...conceptart.jpg
    http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...clefthoof1.JPG

It would be nice if the males got some hair styles as well and some beards for them. It would be neat if one-head Ogres repersented the melee classes, and two-heads represented the spell casters for the Ogres.

Well I hope you like my ideas and what not, and thanks to http://ladydamonia.deviantart.com/ for the awesome Ogres pictures.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    we just got obese panda people. Shouldn't we get a new race thats more.. I dunno.. fair of form?
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    I would LOVE to have Rexxar as a Warchief. It be interesting to see a questline that pans out how he becomes once more involved with the Horde. (Something I would personally would like to see a page taken from the misfit that was Bruce Wayne returning to Gotham to become its new hero. The call to adventure and rising to the call!)

Like we travel to Outland with Thrall to reconnect with Rexxar after we figure Garrosh is faltering. Not that we would approach him with the offer of Warchief but rather come to him saying the Horde needs him once more. We'd travel back to Azeroth and see Rexxar take a more hands on approach in the Horde's campaign as he reclaims his mantle as Champion of the Horde, hence leading to a power struggle with Garrosh who sees Rexxar's status as Champion a lingering relic of Thrall's Horde.

I am also equally pleased to hear that the Blood Elves are getting some love. I feel like some races such as the Blood Elves have an ambiguous role in their respective faction to make it seem like the events of the Burning Crusade are in a sense still going on, or relevant, for the sake of new players.

10+ Year Old Account
    At 19:13:
    Kosak: THEY KNOW ABOUT 7! CANCEL EVERYTHING!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...GZ7mQM#t=1153s

Fucking hilarious.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    we just got obese panda people. Shouldn't we get a new race thats more.. I dunno.. fair of form?
    None that fit the Horde. Only ones that aren't a monster or furry is High Elf and Vrykul.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I can't think of a single rational reason why High Elves would merit a unique model from Blood Elves. Blood Elves with blue eyes is what they *are*, it's working as intended. There is no canonical support for any sort of dramatic physical difference between them. They are ultimately nothing more than an expatriate fringe of a largely decimated population, it would be like making Defias humans a playable "race".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I can't think of a single rational reason why High Elves would merit a unique model from Blood Elves. Blood Elves with blue eyes is what they *are*, it's working as intended. There is no canonical support for any sort of dramatic physical difference between them. They are ultimately nothing more than an expatriate fringe of a largely decimated population, it would be like making Defias humans a playable "race".
    Exactly. You nail not only the model but the lore reason to not add High Elves.

15+ Year Old Account
    They could always create a unique design and physiology for half ogres and use them instead of full-blooded ogres. Though I think Rexxar's involvement in upcoming content is going to be more of a callback to his friendship with Chen in Warcraft III than anything else.

That said, I'd love to see Rexxar as the new warchief. He's honorable -- is there any doubt that he'd move his throne to the Valley of Honor? I'd like to see us reunite with a Rexxar who has grown into a strong leader during his time in Outland, perhaps uniting not just his own clan, but the various ogre clans of Outland, under a single banner.

Of course, it needs to be Baine who puts down Garrosh, perhaps with help from Anduin. We'll see how Vol'jin's story arc pans out in the next novel, but so far, between The Shattering and Tides of War, he's been shown as a pretty cowardly guy, while Baine's been the one acting heroic and not backing down when it comes to Garrosh.

As for an ogre mount, if they were to be made playable? Easy. Goblins. They mount you, and you run 60 to 100% faster depending on what they're dangling in front of you on a stick.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2012-10-11 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ogre hunters reminded me instantly with The Scout Report of the Night elf hunter who had morals as good as a warlock
    What happened to that comic? I can't even track it anymore
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Wait, do the blood elves still have green eyes canonically? Thought those were an effect of either the loss of the sunwell or their use of fel magic.

One way I can possibly see high elves added to the game is if they make the Sindorei a neutral faction in a future overhaul, having to choose between joining the blood elves in Silvermoon or the high elves in Dalaran at the end of their starting quests. Since the factions need to be balanced, there should also be an alliance race that can choose between both faction (I'm really not fond of the term neutral). However, that's a bit problematic. The most likely lorewise seem humans, as the Syndicate is a nice neutral human faction with ties to both the horde and the alliance, so it could easily split down the middle, but that doesn't really work well from a design standpoint (as humans are supposed to be the central race of the alliance). I can think of a few scenarios where a group of night elves are sick of being ordered around by a human, joining in a loose coalition with the horde in the hopes of overthrowing their old government and restoring the might of the night elves, but I don't think that's where blizzard wants to take the story. Gnomes, dwarves, draenei and worgen all seem impossible from a story perspective. Any scenario where they would have to choose between factions and some choose the horde would be incredibly far-fetched ("schnottz' has reïncarnated as the never-before mentioned son of Magni Bronzebeard and his never before-mentioned wife Aggar, and has magically aged after the entire council of three died of in a mysterious boating accident! Are you loyal to your people, or do you want to kill dwarven goblin hitler?").
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh I LOVE Sylvanas love!

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I speculate that the next exp would bring 3 new races, one for each faction (Ogre for Horde, and Satyr/<insert new adjective here> elf> for the Alliance, and a new neutral race, either Naga or Centaur.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the whole video. Glad someone finally agrees with me that ousting Garrosh is not proper payback for the Alliance.

Even if I do disagree with the whole "Sargeras next expansion" thing.
    Last edited by Slowpoke is a Gamer; 2012-10-11 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Decided to edit this and not make another post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Watched the whole video. Glad someone finally agrees with me that ousting Garrosh is not proper payback for the Alliance.
    truly it is not. we need more of the starting quest for alliance in jade forest and id be satisfied. I like varian i liked him in the comic series didnt much care for his portrayal in the game until recently...i just dont see the high king quest being what the Alliance players want they want a decisive victory or two on the battlefield.dont get me wrong i dont want them to full on decimate the Horde i love both factions with out the other this game would be boring.

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

Well, a lot of what governs the design of our models is atmosphere and emotional impact, not biology. Things are exaggerated, sexual dimorphism isn't a factor.

I think a good change would be to take away the arrogant hip placement they gave the blood elf males, let high elves stand straight as they are more regal and wholesome.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    I think a good change would be to take away the arrogant hip placement they gave the blood elf males, let high elves stand straight as they are more regal and wholesome.
    talking bout standing straight...how bout that orc hunch-back

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 04:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Ironic since she's arguably WORSE than Garrosh in terms of what she has done.
    Worse at what? Killing Alliance scum?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Did not he said something when Alliance will do something?

I mean Southshore and Hillsbrad town lost and entirely destroyed, Gilneas occupied, Arathi Highlands will be lost immediately when Forsaken will start marching with the support of Hammerfall...Hinterlands will be surrounded from all sides..Andorhal and WPL Lost. Redridge advance upon orcs did not succeed, Southern Barrens and Dustwallow Lost, Ashenvale also will be burned out once Garrosh advances..

and till now Varian doing nothing? Any diplomatic move to Tirion whos beloved Lordaeron is in Horde hands with Forsaken controlling everything except EPL..but this is question of time when BE and forsaken advances to EPL..since what will stop them? Argent Dawn?

Southshore, Theramore, Gilneas..Andorhal once more...Stromgarde..what else need Varian to pretty much start doing something. Actually i dont need any moves on Pandaria, uninteresting, i need moves in Lordaeron formerly and on its own bordes..i mean what can stop Forsaken to march directly to Ironforge? Hole in the ground city, broken Menethil Harbor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasok1986 View Post
    Did not he said something when Alliance will do something?

I mean Southshore and Hillsbrad town lost and entirely destroyed, Gilneas occupied, Arathi Highlands will be lost immediately when Forsaken will start marching with the support of Hammerfall...Hinterlands will be surrounded from all sides..Andorhal and WPL Lost. Redridge advance upon orcs did not succeed, Southern Barrens and Dustwallow Lost, Ashenvale also will be burned out once Garrosh advances..

and till now Varian doing nothing? Any diplomatic move to Tirion whos beloved Lordaeron is in Horde hands with Forsaken controlling everything except EPL..but this is question of time when BE and forsaken advances to EPL..since what will stop them? Argent Dawn?

Southshore, Theramore, Gilneas..Andorhal once more...Stromgarde..what else need Varian to pretty much start doing something. Actually i dont need any moves on Pandaria, uninteresting, i need moves in Lordaeron formerly and on its own bordes..i mean what can stop Forsaken to march directly to Ironforge? Hole in the ground city, broken Menethil Harbor?
    Metzen said the alliance would be getting some justice in MoP, but quickly added the horde would too. this has led the BWtL crew to suspect all Metzen means is Siege of Orgrimmar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to hear the blood elves are getting some attention - it's about time!
    I suspected that Rexxar would have at least some spotlight, he said he would return to the Horde whenever they're in dire need of assistance. I really hope he becomes the next warchief, but I think it's too quick for him. I doubt he'd ever accept that task, after all he's a wanderer and likes to be out in the wild.
    I sure hope the Ogres become playable, it'd be a grand addition to the Horde.
    As much as I hate Slyvanas, I still am kind of interested in what the hell she's up to.

Sounds like some nice stuff could happen, looking forward to seeing what happens.