Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yig View Post
    What would you consider a fun and valid alternative, what would you like to be doing in the game? Not trying to be confrontational, I'm curious. For instance more of something else that exists in game, or something new?
    I usually enjoy new stuff (by new, i do mean new stuff, not rehashed old stuff) The Tillers is enjoyable, i dont enjoy all of the dailys they present, but they are usually done quite fast and deosnt have any of the "omg just let me get the quest items already" moments where you just sit around waiting for the quest items to respawn.

Most of the other daily quests for the other factions just feels like some AFK grind fest : Sitt where the most of the quest item you need spawns, pick up when they spawn- you now know they wont spawn for atleast 30 seconds, go afk and do something else while you wait.

That is basicly what i do every day since, when i do dailys there are always loads of player around, and the only way to complete the ones taht requires you to pick up quest items from the ground, is to sitt and guard a spawn point of those quest items, which is rediculus.
    Last edited by Miothan; 2012-10-11 at 03:24 AM.

I like the idea as it tells the story a little.

The August Celestials are hesitant to open the gate in the first place. Eventually, they concede that while we are being that can be guided by our emotions, we are ultimately in control of our hateds, doubts and anger. The gates open and for the first time, in presumably millienia, the Mogu get a foot in the Vale again. So of course if I were the Shado-Pan (Largely due to Taran-Zhu, though I'm unsure if his confrontational self in the temple is pre-Shado-Pan Monastery or Post) or the August Celestials I'd be hesitant at first about consorting with our characters. After all, our persuasion is what opened the gates and all of a sudden enemies attack.

But we fight back the invaders, after weeks of proving ourselves the Shado-Pan and August Celestials see that we are resolute. At this, they even begin to ask for our help.

From a gameplay perspective however, it's pretty shit though.

Gods I wish that was so, and all the orchards on fire I saved and farms I've rescued would be phased to reflect my progress. The key to an RPG is your sense of progress, I really wish Blizzard would look at mentor leveling more which would let you enter your friend's phase if they invite you to their group while your stats are rebalanced to match your friend's if you so desired.

Stuff like that, along with doing away with mob tagging in quests and encouraging players to easily work together without feeling pressured into too much communication would do a lot for improving this game I think. Though WOW is a precarious recipe of success, and I understand why Blizzard is hesitant to mess that up.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

I don't have a problem with rep grinds, in many cases they can be fun, but Blizzard really dropped the ball on MoP reputations(except for Tillers). What they need to do is make the daily quests more rewarding and interesting. I would love if they added more unique quests(less collect X or kill Y) or quests that lead up to something fun/rewarding, that way you have more incentive to do the dailies, because when it comes to a grind, if you keep rewarding players as they go it keeps them interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    I usually enjoy new stuff (by new, i do mean new stuff, not rehashed old stuff) The Tillers is enjoyable, i dont enjoy all of the dailys they present, but they are usually done quite fast and deosnt have any of the "omg just let me get the quest items already" moments where you just sit around waiting for the quest items to respawn.

Most of the other daily quests for the other factions just feels like some AFK grind fest : Sitt where the most of the quest item you need spawns, pick up when they spawn- you now know they wont spawn for atleast 30 seconds, go afk and do something else while you wait.

That is basicly what i do every day since, when i do dailys there are always loads of player around, and the only way to complete the ones taht requires you to pick up quest items from the ground, is to sitt and guard a spawn point of those quest items, which is rediculus.
    I'm still taking my time to 90, should be there in a day or two, I usually despise dailies but if there is really a storyline to experience with them that unlocks new storylines, I'm probably going to at least not despise them. But I'm not exactly eager to hit 90 and find out.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

These dailies are terrible, whoever thought it was a good idea to take away shoulder and helm enchants from rep, but add gear was just dumb, they need to rethink

I'm still taking my time to 90, should be there in a day or two, I usually despise dailies but if there is really a storyline to experience with them that unlocks new storylines, I'm probably going to at least not despise them. But I'm not exactly eager to hit 90 and find out.
    Yes there it a storyline, but...once you have read the daily quests once its pretty much a repetition, and sure, when you hit honored, revered and exalted, you get a quest that progress you in the storyline, but sadly they are currently bugged so you catn even complete them, some have completed them by using CRZ to vising multiple realms and try to do it multiple times and getting lucky on one of the realms, dont know why that is, but i am certainly not prepared to go through that hazzle just to complete the revered quest which gives a rather BAD reward (dont wana spoil it for you if you dont already know ^^)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

I think they are trying to keep us busy, but i'm not a fan of HAVING to do them for gear. A mount is one thing.
    Exactly, I'm not even going to grind them for gear, I don't really care. All I want is REPUTATIONS ACCOUNT-WIDE, so I can grind them for the achievements / mounts / goodies.
    Qui a rejeté son démon nous importune avec ses anges.
    -Henri Michaux

Stuff like that, along with doing away with mob tagging in quests and encouraging players to easily work together without feeling pressured into too much communication would do a lot for improving this game I think.
    This is a terrible idea.

Your Collect Ten Turkey Butts quest would become Kill Two-Hundred Turkeys to compensate for the large number of people rolling through an area hamfisting AoE abilities. It does a great disservice to latecomers once the majority are exalted and no long visiting the area.

Want your dailies to go by faster? Invite people to a group. It's obvious why you're sending the invite out, and the worst thing that could happen is a decline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ujio View Post
    Reins of the Onyx Cloud Serpent @ exalted Shado-Pan is pretty nice incentive to do it. Also it keeps you active in the game till they roll out 5.1

Complaining because there is something to do is worse than complaining there is nothing to do.
    Yes, except good content to do is better than filler content, no? Fun quests or different are better than "go farm 20 bear asses."

That is the real issue here. Not the straw man of bad content v no content. It's bad content v the desire for better content.

Quote Originally Posted by Miothan View Post
    An alternative way that would satisfy me would be to phase me whenever i do these daily quets so i am solo when i do them unless it requires teamwork, then i wouldent have to feel like im in some marathon for every quest item.
    As Blizz keep saying about complaints re CRZ, where people at every level face the problem of many people doing levelling quests, it is an MMO. MM = massive MULTIPLAYER. Switch to a low population server if you want less competition or do not do them when everyone else is doing them - get up early, most people say they finish these fast but they do not always play when the rest of the server does. There is no way you will get a phased zone just for you, although you may not agree, you are simply, like the rest of us, not special enough And it does seem you think it is a case of 'gimme gimme' - what else does asking for a whole zone to yourself imply? The expansion will be around 12-18 months at least I guess, you have plenty of time.

You, as many people, are not used to working for something, and working means that, if you want something you put in the effort. You don't want to put in the effort you have to accept you will not get what you want unfortunately.

Deleted
    im gonna finish shado-pan, purely for the tigers...

well not tigers, but their cloud serpent exalted quest

Deleted
    Everytime I read "complaining about more things to do" I want to punch that person in the face in rl even though I'm a very non-violent person. These dailies are just bad, boring and tedious. Collect 12 of this, kill 12 of that. I think they just really didn't bother much with these dailies, even though there were quests where I thought, hey that would make a nice daily, like the mortar quest for the Shadow Pan. I wonder why they put such low effort into the dailies when they are so crucial for gaining rep with the important factions. Even the Icecrown dailies 4 years ago were better, well some of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    The secret I have found to the daily problem at this stage of the xpac is simply to group up. You can be done with all these dailies in 5 minutes each block. I agree about the requirements on a lot of them however. Some of the things you have to gather is just too much given how many players are doing these quests and how little rep they give.
    Have you hugged a Gnome today?

so i'm exalted with cloud serpent, klaxxi, golden lotus and lore walkers, almost there with anglers and tillers, almost revered with shade pan and almost honored with august celestials. so as you can see i like grinding.

Everyone is moaning about these dailies but you know I love them, I like rep grinds, maybe it's easy for me as dk, i can just gather them all up and nuke em down, it must be much harder for a cloth wearer.

I'm making thousands in gold every week, i'm getting rare world drops, i'm seeing this continent into which so much work has gone and i'm pretty busy. I mean i hated the idea of pet battles but it's actually quite fun said i'd never get involved in farmville but in actuality it's brilliant to be able to make your own buff food.

My only problem of course is my bags are full of lesser charms of good fortune and i wouldn't' want to do this on my other alts but by god people, stop moaning, or wait for a big patch when this gear you're grinding for is negligible.

Yeah, the dailies are pretty shit. Sure, Shado-Pan gives you a companion that buffs you with stealth, occasional bloodlust etc but honestly it's still the same shit.

“It's not just “kill 6 Mogu today and also kill 6 Mogu the next day”.
    -Greg Street

The biggest lie ever told.

Deleted
    Is there only 3-4 quests with each of them?
    That's all I've found in their camps, but perhaps there's more somewhere?
    Since 100-300 rep x 4 per day is quite low.

Deleted
    I've heard that Blizzard plans on changing the reputation grind, so that your other characters gain a bit of the reputation too.

But what about those 90s who already are exalted to most of the factions ? I hope... I hope soooo badly that they will give us the chance to atleas start at Honored reputation with the factions on alts. It's already a pain in the arse to grind dailies with more then one character

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    The biggest lie ever told.
    Well, strictly speaking he wasn't lying, it's 12 mogu per day :P

Though bottlenecking dailies at revered golden lotus sucks (How many people killstealing those mogu don't give a toss about golden lotus and just want access to another rep?), i'll just work my way through the reps a few at a time, doing Tillers, Golden lotus and Klaxxi now (With excursions to the anglers if i feel like it), and i'll do Shado-pan, August celestials and cloud serpent when i'm done with the first "batch" of reps, doing 6 reps' worth of dailies per day is a recipe for insanity IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It's so you have something to do every day IF you want to do something.

Stop telling yourself you are FORCED to do them, you are not.

Else you'd just be whining that you'd be sitting on your ass in Stormwind/Orgrimmar all day without anything to do instead.
    REALLY???? Were you forced to take the 5% dps talent over the utility talent in the old style talent trees? OF COURSE YOU WERE. That's why talents got changed. This is no different. The best path to reward leads through dailies. Their fore YOU ARE FORCED TO DO FAILIES just as you were forced to take that 5% dps talent...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-11 at 07:49 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.