World pvp and the feeling of having an useless class, could use some help -_-

Hello everyone,

I sadly can't move to a pve server, since I kinda believe wow pvp died a few years ago.I'm also stuck with a shadow priest, which seemingly seems overpowered, and seemingly I can't use anymore in pvp.I'm a bit rusty so I can see that I fail in some fights I shouldn't but i just feel outright useless.I was leveling another character and got ganked at lvl 88, went to take my priest because after the fourth death I might get upset, and I got likely trishotted by the hunter(I know. stampede is bugged whatever...) and it's generally what happens with every class.I only have the contender set and I dislike bgs lately and think arena is a huge failure, so I'm limited, I just wonder, how the hell am I supposed to play a 90 shadow priest and feel that it's not a waste of time?

I had experience in pvp once, went up to rank 13, and some stuff in tbc(workd almost to gladiator but got bored of arena, and never went back to pvp besides world pvp when it happens).

I have all the classes at atleast lvl 80 and I never felt so useless...pardon me the language but my priest feels like shit compared to rogues hunters warriors dks warlocks and mages....they just tear me open a new one and I can't understand what to do.I've changed my talents and glyphs to some more pvp and yet I feel useless, my damage feels slow, I have no control since fear is laughable as ever and tendrils die in a couple seconds...I just don't see what I'm doing wrong, I'm definitely never going to use my priest again once I have another lvl 90 but in the meantime, what can I do to atleast protect my other characters with my useless lvl 90?

thanks for the help and sorry if it is a bit ranty, but I'm tired of playing the bad class in this game, just look at rogues and dks in the last expansions, should've played one of those easy mode classes from the beginning but meh -_-

Sorry but a Spriest is quiet OP if you know how to play it. And fun also Dont give up give it a try its normal to die and dont worry youll learn the class again

ofc u got owned by a BM hunter Who doesn't 1v1 lol (most of the time anyway ^^)

Can't say i'm having too much problems in pvp with my fresh dinged SP with only about 5 pvp crafted items. Dunno, bubble up, dots, fear, mb kite etc.. don't really have a strategy, kinda adapt to the moment i guess. Altho i'm very sure i dont use it's full potential at all, it's goin OK.

Do some bg's anyway, wil give u a bit more time and chance to understand you class in pvp. World pvp is like "omfg, if i fuck this up in the next 3 seconds i'm corpserunning for ever..."

I'm sorry but I'm not interested in battlegrounds, they were nice at lvl 60 but since then I didn't step in one anymore, and as said, I might be biased, but think wow pvp died a few years ago due to incompetence in the balancing part...

I'm also considering deleting my priest since I know for a fact I will come back to it later just because I'm a masochist probably, since I could easily had levelled an easy class and steamrolled pvp( like my hunter, which I probably will since they are retardedly op now)

thing is, right now, I need to be able to survive when my alts get ganked, and I can't do that.Fear is basically useless from 2006, breaking in half a sec with the pvp trinket, and well...tendrils aren't the strongest pvp CC I can think....

I'm familiar with the spriest spells and the idea of kiting meless and such, I just die in 2 globals at best, and rarely when the fight drags on I just can't do dmg enough.I have the full contender set(crafted blue one) + trinket, and maybe some terribad items in the other slots but still, dieing to full pve geared players in kun lai summit 1v1 feels...bad.

I don't get what is so strong of the priest?If I survive and all my procs go off a the same time I could see some burst, but otherwise I don't understand.No real cc, and against a dk or rogue or warrior there's no way I can survive, I just don't see how.It's not that phantasm or spectral guise are enough to save me... <.<

No class/spec is useless, ESPECIALLY not a shadowpriest. Your "problems" are 100% between the chair and the keyboard. You repeatedly make claims that WOW PVP is dead and that indicates to me that you just aren't very experienced or skilled with the spec. You just need to practice more, because shadow is one of the top 3 strongest PVP specs in the game at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by flavie View Post
    ofc u got owned by a BM hunter Who doesn't 1v1 lol (most of the time anyway ^^)

Can't say i'm having too much problems in pvp with my fresh dinged SP with only about 5 pvp crafted items. Dunno, bubble up, dots, fear, mb kite etc.. don't really have a strategy, kinda adapt to the moment i guess. Altho i'm very sure i dont use it's full potential at all, it's goin OK.

Do some bg's anyway, wil give u a bit more time and chance to understand you class in pvp. World pvp is like "omfg, if i fuck this up in the next 3 seconds i'm corpserunning for ever..."
    oh.. me me me ... I don't but I'm on my blood DK... you think ppl would start to learn..you see bones floating around me just leave...
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

if u don't wanna practice a bit in bg's, then don't expect to suddenly be able to defend yourself decently. We can't give you a standard rotation on what to do. Practice more, or move to PVE realm if u don't like being attacked all the time