(Frost) What am I doing wrong?

Hey guys, I've been playing fire for all of MV up until Elegon. I have a much easier time as frost on the orbs. My problem isn't with the orbs, but with single target DMG. Last night was my first time even trying frost mage, and I feel like I did really bad. I will link WOL and my Armory below. Some of the Pulls I was fire, but most of the ones near the end I was frost.

Should I be casting an Ice Lance after every frostbolt even without a proc? I pulled 54k on the dummy self buffed with out, and 49k with.

EDIT: I was using Rune of Power on some of the pulls on WoL

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z0o9ikajbrw589l0/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sport/advanced
    Last edited by Erquonter; 2012-10-11 at 07:49 PM.

I am the same way when I got fire, since I have been frost for a while now, it is difficult to get back into a routine for each spec, takes quite a few pulls. With Frost you have to be casting and thinking of your next move all the time, you have multiple spells to be working with from you bomb to your orb, to your procs and pet spells.

This is what I did on Elegon as Frost. I used frost Bomb on the sparks glyphed fire blast, what I would do is bomb elegon between each spark, proc the effect from fire blast to give me an instant FFB, then when the sparks came, I would Bomb the spark, then send the FFB , then proc another ffb, the Spark was dead after that.

I found using RoP to be the best for me, so I didn't have to time the other talents with raid dmg to get my increase in dps. Now that they fixed elegon for us, we should be able to hang with anyone on the fight. Also always try to keep 3 Stacks of FB on Elegon or his add, to ensure your dps is staying high.

I would also use my Frost orb on the last wave of sparks to help everyone else out on the pulls. I killed him last week as frost when he was all over the place and still got 76k which isnt total bad, even though there are peopel who are pulling 100k. This week should be alot better, now that I am more comfortable with the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    Hey guys, I've been playing fire for all of MV up until Elegon. I have a much easier time as frost on the orbs. My problem isn't with the orbs, but with single target DMG. Last night was my first time even trying frost mage, and I feel like I did really bad. I will link WOL and my Armory below. Some of the Pulls I was fire, but most of the ones near the end I was frost.

Should I be casting an Ice Lance after every frostbolt even without a proc? I pulled 54k on the dummy self buffed with out, and 49k with.

EDIT: I was using Rune of Power on some of the pulls on WoL

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-z0o9ikajbrw589l0/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sport/advanced
    sounds like your just not used to the rhythm of frost just play it more smooth out those little mistakes in the rotation time your cd's better make sure your not moving when you don't need too. Also if you have been gearing for fire the whole time you might not have as good of stats for frost so just pick one and go with it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erquonter View Post
    Hell no how could you possibly think you should ?

Deleted
    Bomb - frozen orb on CD - FFB on proc - ice lance on proc - fill with FB and use pet nova when active.

At least thats how i roll...

Quote Originally Posted by Enabled View Post
    Bomb - frozen orb on CD - FFB on proc - ice lance on proc - fill with FB and use pet nova when active.

At least thats how i roll...
    basically this only I prioritize Ice Lance on Proc over FFB because FFB will proc consistently on your bomb and can be timed, if you have two Ice Lance procs built up chances are you're missing out on more.

read frost mage guide

Quote Originally Posted by Targonis View Post
    basically this only I prioritize Ice Lance on Proc over FFB because FFB will proc consistently on your bomb and can be timed, if you have two Ice Lance procs built up chances are you're missing out on more.
    I've been wondering about this too.

I am the same way when I got fire
    Last edited by adacharlot; 2012-10-12 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Targonis View Post
    I do agree!