Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    yeah, cause its totally like the the other races have shown much respect toward him....
    Yeah all he did was segregate the races of the Horde and threaten their leaders....Totally unfair!
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    What balance? So far the Alliance has nothing to look forward to if this the case.
    Thats evolution, weak die to make room for the strong.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, cause its totally like the the other races have shown much respect toward him....
    They did, up until he killed Cairne and insulted Baine by trying to act like losing an honorable kill was the same as losing a father and suffering a bloody coup, and we don't know what started him and Vol'Jin to headbutting, but when you order a leader to the slums, you can't expect him to get along well with you. Sylvanas hates him because he was willing to waste Forsaken lives so his orcs could be nice and safe in Gilneas, and the blood elves and orcs have a history ever since the orcs burned down wide swaths of forest in the Second War and killed a number of elven civilians after allying with the Amani. Garrosh made his bed and now, bit by bit, it's coming back to bite him in the ass.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Thats evolution, weak die to make room for the strong.
    +1
    Darned need 10 chars :<

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    Yeah all he did was segregate the races of the Horde and threaten their leaders....Totally unfair!
    out of all the leaders and advisors, only Eitrigg actually helped Garrosh, the others only insulted and antagonized him.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    What balance? So far the Alliance has nothing to look forward to if this the case.
    My question to you is why do you think that balance between factions must mean an "eye for an eye" approach? The lore does not end with Prince Anduin's death...it infact expands it. There is a shit ton of story that can be made from that action for this expansion and the next. Death toll for Alliance is higher sure but that does not mean you are defeated does it? Does Sparta ring any bells?

---------- Post added 2012-10-11 at 08:26 PM ----------

Our payback consists of helping the Horde's political problems. Go figure.
    or we can be helping you achieve your petty vengeance vs try to save our leader

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    They did, up until he killed Cairne and insulted Baine by trying to act like losing an honorable kill was the same as losing a father and suffering a bloody coup, and we don't know what started him and Vol'Jin to headbutting, but when you order a leader to the slums, you can't expect him to get along well with you. Sylvanas hates him because he was willing to waste Forsaken lives so his orcs could be nice and safe in Gilneas, and the blood elves and orcs have a history ever since the orcs burned down wide swaths of forest in the Second War and killed a number of elven civilians after allying with the Amani. Garrosh made his bed and now, bit by bit, it's coming back to bite him in the ass.
    Keep in mind here, Garrosh disgusts undead because he found it unrespectfull and disgusting that Syvlannes was ressurecting undead.
    He even stops that and says he doesnt want to have anything to do with it.

Also, he mourned for Cairne, Cairne was dualled but he dint put him to "waste" he honored him like an honorable foe, its an orc, bloodlusty yeah but honorable.

As for Bloodelfs again, yeah... nvm

Deleted
    Inc Sylvanas rez to make him one of the forsaken now that I would be one big fuck you

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    that doesn't make sense as well.

If that is true, then the introduction speeches when Andiun comes in should be the same.

In final 1 he just says "You're interference has cost me a great warrior young prince, now Die WELP. Your kingdom must be at it's end of it's sending the children after us."

In final 2, his introduction is " So, in the end it is not varien but his welp who has came to face me, come to your death young one."

If it was like how you said ", one is for the alliance and when they leave" and "one is for the horde for before and afterwards". Then shouldn't were the two interlap be the same?
    When the alliance get there they first fight a "boss" and when you kill that "boss" and you get to Garrosh he say that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SnickSnack View Post
    Inc Sylvanas rez to make him one of the forsaken now that I would be one big fuck you
    oh dude...that would be so epic...The Prince of the Forsaken has a nice ring to it...doesn't it >

Quote Originally Posted by SnickSnack View Post
    That would be one big fuck you, yes. But to the forsaken. Unless we get to torment his rotten husk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    My question to you is why do you think that balance between factions must mean an "eye for an eye" approach? The lore does not end with Prince Anduin's death...it infact expands it. There is a shit ton of story that can be made from that action for this expansion and the next. Death toll for Alliance is higher sure but that does not mean you are defeated does it? Does Sparta ring any bells?
    Thing is we know the endgame of this war and it consists of us helping the resolve their political problem. That isn't retribution for the Alliance.

The reason "it's a video game" is important is because of the simple fact that you play and experience the game story for fun. What is fun or enjoyable about the current Alliance story line (This is also my answer to your question as enjoyment from the story is the balance)?
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-10-11 at 08:31 PM.

CAn you Imagine Garrosh doing a single Charge and Anduin flops 100 yards the other away?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gnlogic View Post
    oh dude...that would be so epic...The Prince of the Forsaken has a nice ring to it...doesn't it >
    Btw I assume ur "quote" is about Sargerras? sorry for offtopic

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    When the alliance get there they first fight a "boss" and when you kill that "boss" and you get to Garrosh he say that
    That still doesn't explain why the two parts when Andiun actually SHOWS UP is different.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wooootles View Post
    CAn you Imagine Garrosh doing a single Charge and Anduin flops 100 yards the other away?
    As Garrosh is 5-6 times his size and strenght, yeah I can imagine that :P haha.
    As for the end game, well the Alliance and Horde, it has to end, the war that is, I hope its soon, and justified and that Garrosh doesn't die.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    As Garrosh is 5-6 times his size and strenght, yeah I can imagine that :P haha.
    As for the end game, well the Alliance and Horde, it has to end, the war that is, I hope its soon, and justified and that Garrosh doesn't die.
    the war between red and blue will never end.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    out of all the leaders and advisors, only Eitrigg actually helped Garrosh, the others only insulted and antagonized him.
    Garrosh and Cairne had an antagonistic relationship because Garrosh refused to learn. He abused the letter of the law to slaughter the crew of a badly-damaged Alliance ship that got blown into Horde waters during a horrendous storm, he refused to investigate accusations that there were orcs who butchered and skinned Sentinels (the same Sentinels who were sending his people lumber they needed), and when Cairne came after him, instead of investigating things he challenged Cairne to a duel to the death without even knowing the difference between a poison and the ceremonial oils used in a mak'gora. Baine and Garrosh have an antagonistic relationship because Garrosh killed his father, let the Grimtotem take over Thunder Bluff in a bloody coup, and did nothing to remedy his situation, leaving Baine with no recourse but to go to Jaina (an Alliance leader) for aid. Then Garrosh tried to say, to Baine's face, that by losing the honor of defeating Cairne fairly, he lost as much as Baine did when he lost his father and his people were put through a bloody coup. Then Garrosh began stepping on Baine's rights as Mulgore's sovereign ruler, and almost gets himself and a number of Kor'kron killed by underestimating an enemy he challenged while Baine and Hamuul were working on a solution that would involve minimal loss of life. Sometime between then and the trolls' exodus from Orgrimmar, Vol'jin and Garrosh began butting heads and Vol'jin eventually told Garrosh that he planned to kill him after seeing Garrosh for the monster he'd become.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    the war between red and blue will never end.
    It has to at some point mate, because we will have to fight greater evils which we need eachother for.
    Storywise it has to, doesn't mean there wont be pvp and all anymore, there have to be certain concepts, but lorewise, it has to end very soon.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    I dont know, I like Garrosh but I would like him even more if he respected the Trolls, also with the duel @ cataclysm, he was saddened that Cairne died, if Vol'Jin was to die would he also mourn or be like FU THAT , thats my thing, I think he has to respect them and get to know them more ,he doesn't give the ma chance, just because Trolls are not all that much into WAR WAR WAR, which is a orc thing indeed.

Orcs are, without a doubt the most fighting/bloodlusting race.
    Taurens want general peace overall, same for trolls, undeads... wel just undeads.
    Oh wait just got something that blood elfs are still in game... yeah... no words for them.
    This is what annoys me the most about Vol'Jin. He is THE MOST untroll-like troll. Examples are everywhere, the trolls are a savage race. All their voodoo magic and witch doctors. Cannibalism and sacrifices.

Thrall banned cannibalism for the Darkspear, I'll grant them that untrolly aspect but every tribe apart from the Darkspear are violent as hell. Fighting everybody unless they have allies. In which case that's just a few more folk they won't attack. Suddenly, Vol'Jin comes along and they're all into peace? I don't buy that, to be perfectly honest with you. They don't have to be blood crazed lunatics or primitive but they need their savage element back because now they're just a clone of the Tauren with skinny blue bodies.