Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Heroic Stone Guard 9 Manned - Vid

One of our tanks couldn't make it to raid because of work, but rather than wait another day we decided to 9 man this and try to get our execution better.

Turns out we downed it with only 9. Enjoy and here's the log if anyone wants.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/qo8of...rd/?s=59&e=483

Last edited by burbon; 2012-10-11 at 08:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow DK tanks must make that fight so much easier. It's like having an extra 2 healers.

EDIT: I mean for normal mode, I haven't done Heroic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    Every word I read of that post has your credibility plummeting like a hooker getting a suitcase full of money for a BJ.

Deleted
    Dropping a dps doesn't particularly make this fight harder, other than lengthen the fight a bit and require the healers to use their mana a bit more wisely.

Congrats on killing him though.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a shitload of tiles, We only went 50-60-80

Good luck on Feng! (If you've not killed him yet)
    Was one of my favorite progression bosses to date!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Thanks and the enrage is extremely tight for only having 3 dps. 2 of our dps got 1st ranked and we had several enrage wipes, but obviously this isn't how it was intended to be done, lol!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by burbon View Post
    Thanks and the enrage is extremely tight for only having 3 dps. 2 of our dps got 1st ranked and we had several enrage wipes, but obviously this isn't how it was intended to be done, lol!
    Yeah I bet lol, We hit the enrage once with 3 healers 5 dps 2 tanks. But that was an extremely sloppy attempt - and we didn't have a jasper phase for like 3 minutes so no-one could run tiles except the tanks :3

It's mental how much damage the tanks take, although I was only 469 ilvl when I killed this and 471 for H feng.

Grats on the crazy kill and good luck with further progression ^_^
    Blizzard offered cardboard cut outs with poster pictures of bosses stapled on them upside down and sideways and many players now feel that is raiding.
    Raxxykins

Quote Originally Posted by Raxxed View Post
    Yeah I bet lol, We hit the enrage once with 3 healers 5 dps 2 tanks. But that was an extremely sloppy attempt - and we didn't have a jasper phase for like 3 minutes so no-one could run tiles except the tanks :3

It's mental how much damage the tanks take, although I was only 469 ilvl when I killed this and 471 for H feng.

Grats on the crazy kill and good luck with further progression ^_^
    Ty and I'm looking forward to feng tonight!

Oh those difficult 10 mans

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Do it then and post your awesomeness.

Deleted
    Well you would have 4 dps normally so that's nothing to worry about on a regular base. But i think it's rather impressive that it was still possible for you at the current gear level "undermanning" a heroic boss, doesn't matter what comp you were running since there was no wtf ignite/combustion involved or anything to fancy at all

10+ Year Old Account
    10 man /thread

10 man /infracted. See what I did there? -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2012-10-11 at 10:12 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguintamer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    10 man /thread
    Thanks for your contribution to the thread! Get back to me when you 9 man a 10 man with 2 people playing their off spec in the begging of the tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the <insert word + number combination here>s posting 10man is easier.

16 guilds in the world have killed 3/6H
    ONE guild of that is 10man.
    That ONE guild is filled with the best players in the world.

Clearly 10man is a faceroll difficulty. Right?

<insert word + number combination here>s gonna <insert word + number combination here>

The word combination is 25man fanboy
    Last edited by Raxxed; 2012-10-11 at 09:52 PM.
    Raxxykins

Some 10 man fights are easier, while some 25 man fights are easier.
    Coming from raiding both 25 and 10, I think both difficulty modes have its ups and downs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Williee View Post
    Some 10 man fights are easier, while some 25 man fights are easier.
    Coming from raiding both 25 and 10, I think both difficulty modes have its ups and downs.
    What this man said.
    To think otherwise is asinine.
    Raxxykins

Greatz to your team man...just ignore those /10 man crap.

Nicely done and grats on the kill!

Deleted
    Nicely done! I was thinking this boss could be killed like this on our kill yesterday, we would of beaten the enrage with 3 DPSers if everyone did the same damage as on our kill. It really should be more tightly tuned, to think we started out with 3 healers, what's the point when the enrage is this easy!

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for your contribution to the thread! Get back to me when you 9 man a 10 man with 2 people playing their off spec in the begging of the tier.
    To be fair, that doesn't exactly make it sound any more difficult. If anything, that makes it sound the exact opposite.

I will give you credit. At least you're not making claims of "world firsts" in your kill. Kudos to you on that one.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    To be fair, that doesn't exactly make it sound any more difficult. If anything, that makes it sound the exact opposite.

I will give you credit. At least you're not making claims of "world firsts" in your kill. Kudos to you on that one.
    I agree. I hate it when people claim they have the world first for downing a boss when in fact they were actually just the first people in the world to down that boss.

I wish people would just tell the truth.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2012-10-12 at 05:20 AM.