Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think finale 1 is Ally version(he tells the player I will let you live) and finale 2 is horde version(he says at least the human prince is dead) ... so yeah if Anduin does die fuck blizz, fuck their game, fuck metzen, and I'm out ... ONE GOOD character they made and few months later they kill him ... WHAT DA ACTUAL FUCK ... /rage...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    But that's the problem. We don't need anymore of these big shockers that make people hate Garrosh. Cataclysm was enough Theramore and Northwatch were enough. We're already at a point in the story where killing off more characters doesn't really achieve anything, especially one with so much potential.
    Oh I agree totally. But for some reason they feel it needs to happen for shock value? I just hope he is revived, I'm pretty sick and tired of developing characters in the story being killed off for crap purposes. How are you meant to enjoy a series if you keep getting rid of characters.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    How old is Anduin again?
    hes somewhere between 14 and 19

timelines in wow are a little weird so unless he ends up saying his exact age we wont ever know for sure
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    But that's the problem. We don't need anymore of these big shockers that make people hate Garrosh. Cataclysm was enough Theramore and Northwatch were enough. We're already at a point in the story where killing off more characters doesn't really achieve anything, especially one with so much potential.
    Agreed. Theramore provides all the justification the Alliance could ever need to go after Garrosh, and already caused some of the other leaders of the Horde to start grumbling. And Garrosh using Sha power would be more then enough to push the Horde from grumbling to open rebellion under the right context. Killing off Anduin right now wouldn't really serve any narrative purpose and eliminates character with a lot of potential.

Which is why of course I think Anduin is either not dead, or will be raised a trivial amount of time after he is killed. I'm betting on the August Celestials raising him personally.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    I think finale 1 is Ally version(he tells the player I will let you live) and finale 2 is horde version(he says at least the human prince is dead) ... so yeah if Anduin does die fuck blizz, fuck their game, fuck metzen, and I'm out ... ONE GOOD character they made and few months later they kill him ... WHAT DA ACTUAL FUCK ... /rage...
    I would say just hold on and see what happens. But I also say this is blizzard on a slippery slope. Killing someone of Anduins character in the story is going beyond the pale for me, I've know that character since I began playing wow as the kid king, one whos wiser then his dad, and still he's a kid trying to do what his father can't, achieve peace.

To me, killing a character when he hasn't even managed to develop is f***ing depressing, and in a bad way, one that would have me consider quitting too.
    #boycottchina

I play both Alliance and Horde, but have a favoritism with the Alliance, and I think its fair to say that its far to early to come to any conclusions yet on what direction the lore is going to take. I very much doubt that if Anduin dies, then he will stay dead for long. There has been to much foreboding for him, and it seems like since The Shattering, Blizz have been trying to upgrade him to hero status, if you will. (That being said, they have admitted that before that book, they had no idea where they were going to take Anduin as a character...)

Even if he dose die permanently, it may not be a bad thing for the Alliance lore-wise. It could unite the Alliance in a way it never has before, and ultimately lead to a stronger characters taking the lead in the fight against the Horde (I was hoping the Theramore story would turn out a little like this...) It could even bring the Horde to question itself and the futility of the war.

I don't really dig all the "Blizzhorde" stuff, the quality of lore isn't told simply by how bloodthirsty a faction is or how 'cooler' their army looks 9At least not by me it isn't!) but its clear that the Alliance has been at the receiving end off the Horde's boot recently (Although I think the Alliance have a much better MoP starting story then the Horde did!) and it would be nice to see the Alliance take a stand and have some of the big lore heroes come out and kick some Horde butt.
    Last edited by Summerwine; 2012-10-11 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Agreed. Theramore provides all the justification the Alliance could ever need to go after Garrosh, and already caused some of the other leaders of the Horde to start grumbling. And Garrosh using Sha power would be more then enough to push the Horde from grumbling to open rebellion under the right context. Killing off Anduin right now wouldn't really serve any narrative purpose and eliminates character with a lot of potential.

Which is why of course I think Anduin is either not dead, or will be raised a trivial amount of time after he is killed. I'm betting on the August Celestials raising him personally.
    we may not need justification for the alliance but im pretty sure the horde does. im pretty sure anduin is close friends with baine (baines weapon was given to him by anduin) and i think hes atleast on good terms with people like vol'jin and sunwalker desco

anduins death may be what turns the horde against garrosh
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I think Anduin will be either a) not dead or b) resurrected by the August Celestials or Jinyu (Alliance allies on Pandaria) in some way since, as others have stated there is far too much buildup on his character for him to just die in patch 5.1. Volj'in's appearance is also interesting (though I love the quip about kissing frogs ). I think he will spearhead the Horde campaign against Garrosh, using these attempts to control the Sha (among other things) to join with Baine and lead the Horde's side of the Siege of Org.

One thing we know for sure: s^@% is about to get REAL!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    hes somewhere between 14 and 19

timelines in wow are a little weird so unless he ends up saying his exact age we wont ever know for sure
    I'm pretty sure Jaina gave an exact age in ToW when she saw him in the mirror (?) thing she used to contact Stormwind. But eh.

Edit: Cheers.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-10-11 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    How old is Anduin again?
    14 in that Jaina book, so somewhere around that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    we may not need justification for the alliance but im pretty sure the horde does. im pretty sure anduin is close friends with baine (baines weapon was given to him by anduin) and i think hes atleast on good terms with people like vol'jin and sunwalker desco

anduins death may be what turns the horde against garrosh
    They've already turned, they're just waiting for an opportunity. They all see the destruction of Theramore as cowardly genocide. Not to mention how Jaina personally funded Baine's liberation of Thunder Bluff when Garrosh refused to send aid, so they've already had a friend on the other side become Garrosh's target.

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Garrosh picks up Anduin, throws him off a cliff and thinks him dead, but he's save by Wrathion whos in dragon form?
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    What if Garrosh picks up Anduin, throws him off a cliff and thinks him dead, but he's save by Wrathion whos in dragon form?
    He has an axe.

WHY WONT HE USE THE AXE!

I think that's the problem with speculation over a voice clip. Anything could have happened that we don't know about yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well he's a Priest.

/cast levitate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He has an axe.

WHY WONT HE USE THE AXE!
    Because he's a dumb ****?

I also wonder if him thinking he can control the sha, well, what if he uses the bell to contain the sha and bring it back to kalimdor, thus spreading the sha's dark energy across the continent brought on by his war.
    #boycottchina

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvenstain View Post
    Calling it now. This will be the final boss, but he'll be the size of a building.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Bcause he's a dumb ****?
    Yes he is a dumb fuck that only knows where to burry the axe. That is the ONLY thing his tiny brain is processing.

"duh, pink turd, hit with axe, cut to pieces"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    He has an axe.

WHY WONT HE USE THE AXE!
    Because a person like Anduin can survive being decapitated!
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Quote Originally Posted by kosmosu View Post
    I have stayed my blade for I have great respect of many members of the horde over the years. But if any harm comes to my prince it will not be beer you will drink when this war ends, it will be the blood of the horde. For Elune and For the Alliance!!
    Bahahahahaha......seriously? Tad melodramatic!! It's just a bunch of pixels you know.

OT: Finally, been hoping for the whole war thing to pick up fer ages, I hope the alliance finally goes on offensive now. It does'nt matter if ally lose anduin if the result is alliance leaders actually going to war.