Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Vol'jin Scenario thoughts?

Well as a Darkspear / Vol'jin fan i am really interested what this scenario might be and the story behind it.

Lets get start brainstorming and talking about this, what you think?
    Last edited by Clockworks; 2012-10-11 at 07:59 PM.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Well in the "leaked" Garrosh speech, Garrosh gives Vol'jin a chance to proof his worth or something. So I guess it'll be whatever order Garrosh gave him.

It strangely is followed with Garrosh killing Anduin. Maybe Vol'jin ends up hunting down and capturing Anduin for Garrosh? He -is- a Shadow Hunter after all.
    Yes it will be something about the mission Garrosh gives Vol'jin but i don't think is about hunting down Anduin

The Map of the Vol'jin scenario seems to be set in the Veiled Star and guess which important NPC is in the Veiled Stair...Wrathion

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    The Map of the Vol'jin scenario seems to be set in the Veiled Star and guess which important NPC is in the Veiled Stair...Wrathion
    Maybe he will become an ally with Wrathion to take out Garrosh and end these war

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm forgot about Wrathion, this might get interesting!
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

I'm very happy to see a Vol'jin scenario!

10+ Year Old Account
    More Vol'Jin lore is always good. Between Tides of War, his upcoming novel, and this scenario it looks like he and Baine are gonna be taking center stage in the Horde revolution.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Maybe he will become an ally with Wrathion to take out Garrosh and end these war
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockworks View Post
    hmm forgot about Wrathion, this might get interesting!
    Calling it now....Wrathion has Vol'jin kill something to prove himself and then Wrathion gives him a Legendary arrow to kill Garrosh

10+ Year Old Account
    Looking as the map for Vol'jin's scenario is set around the tavern in the mists, I would put my money on Vol'jin having an encounter with Wrathion. Maybe Wrathion makes good on something with Vol'jin and tells him something only he knows.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    I still can't imagine Vol'jin wanting to do anything Garrosh tells him to. I still imagine Garrosh making the demand and Vol'jin just sorta going "nah" and leaving to do what he feels right.

My thought is that Garrosh sends Vol'Jin to find Anduin, Vol'Jin of course does not want to do this, and meets Wrathion. They conspire to use a double to send to Garrosh and the Anduin Garrosh kills is not the real Anduin.
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Agile Emily View Post
    I still can't imagine Vol'jin wanting to do anything Garrosh tells him to. I still imagine Garrosh making the demand and Vol'jin just sorta going "nah" and leaving to do what he feels right.
    Going by Tides of War, he doesn't really have that option because of how close the Echo Isles are to Orgrimmar. It's why he didn't directly speak out against Garrosh but lent silent approval to Baine doing so until the meeting Baine and he held. My guess is he'll follow the word of his orders but nothing more, and likely will (as Gorgonna did) do his best to subvert those orders so long as it won't directly endanger his people.

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    More Vol'Jin lore is always good. Between Tides of War, his upcoming novel, and this scenario it looks like he and Baine are gonna be taking center stage in the Horde revolution.
    That was my thought too. It's not secret that Vol'jin and Baine have "mixed" feelings about Garrosh so it only makes sense that they would spearhead the campaign against him. I may be Alliance but Ive always found Vol'jin to be an intriguing and likeable character and I look forward to seeing how this unfolds for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    My thought is that Garrosh sends Vol'Jin to find Anduin, Vol'Jin of course does not want to do this, and meets Wrathion. They conspire to use a double to send to Garrosh and the Anduin Garrosh kills is not the real Anduin.
    That would be a twist. Imagine is the who thing is orchestrated by Wrathion, that he figures the only way to end this war is to crank it up and show Garrosh as the bad guy, make the alliance believe he's killed Anduin, and spark the war into overdrive to help bring it to a faster conclusion.

To me, Anduin is to important a lore character to just be offed in a scenario.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    That would be a twist. Imagine is the who thing is orchestrated by Wrathion, that he figures the only way to end this war is to crank it up and show Garrosh as the bad guy, make the alliance believe he's killed Anduin, and spark the war into overdrive to help bring it to a faster conclusion.

To me, Anduin is to important a lore character to just be offed in a scenario.
    Exactly, especially the bold. Especially especially with Velen's vision and prophecy
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

Quote Originally Posted by grisset View Post
    Exactly, especially the bold. Especially especially with Velen's vision and prophecy
    And people still take those "trips" seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Velen's visions have a habit of coming true. Even the first one he got, with the whole wasteland covered in demons, came true with the exception that he wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Cus Blizz is really going to develop Velen's character into a shroom addict who needs rehab...

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    Velen's visions have a habit of coming true. Even the first one he got, with the whole wasteland covered in demons, came true with the exception that he wasn't there.
    But most of his DON'T come true. It wouldn't be the first time Blizzard pulled a red herring over a popular wow fan theory (EG. Elune).

I'm going with this is all part of Wrathion's plan