Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    With Monster Power 1 or higher the drop chance of an ilvl 63 item will be entirely the same in all acts, as all monsters will be level 63.
    Here's the blue confirmation of the above.

Nailed it. There will be still be some differences between the Inferno acts (due to the way the monsters are designed), but it's really up to your personal play style right now. If you feel more comfortable farming Act 1, do that. If you like the flow and pace of Act III better, then spend your time there. Since monsters in each act will share the same drop tables in Inferno at MP1 and higher, the idea is for you to play where you want without having to worry explicitly about which monsters drop what and how often. Some acts might be more efficient for you in the end, but that's really for you to decide.
    It's a good thing. This means you can actually farm the Act you enjoy most (or take a breather from an act that's gotten stale) and still see the same amount/quality of loot.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    It's a good thing. This means you can actually farm the Act you enjoy most (or take a breather from an act that's gotten stale) and still see the same amount/quality of loot.
    Which makes perfect sense since the only difficulty setting I see is "Inferno". All Acts should be equally difficult because their difficulty is "Inferno".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Without the other changes, it wouldn't be too bad, however, considering the the new monster power change, at 4, it would already mean 4x more legendaries, at 8, 8 times more. I guess the legendary items will just become the new rares at these rates.
    I'm pretty sure Legendaries aren't affected by Magic Find. So Monster Power won't change the chance of dropping them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Legendaries aren't affected by Magic Find. So Monster Power won't change the chance of dropping them either.
    They are and it will.

Deleted
    They are..

But at least the good news is that MP will "only" give 25% magic find per level so it wont be such a big deal. In fact, for efficiency, unless you have godlike gear, it's better to just stick with MP 1-3. After that, it will start taking too long to make it worth it.

"normal" capped MF is 375%, so thats 4.75 times larger chance of getting a magic or better item than without any MF at all. MP 4 will bring it to 475% or 5.75% higher change than without any MF but also doubles (roughly) monster damage and health. I think it would be fair to say that this significantly increases the time it takes to clear a place as well for a relatively minor benefit.

So unless MP brings additional benefits (ex. higher quality loot), I dont think it will ever justify raising it over 4. Well, unless you're one of those funny people who play D3 for challenge, instead of loot:P

Any idea on when the patch will be released?

Yeah, would be great to know as I would return for a sec to level up my wizard and get that Tal'rasha finally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they are, and always have been and yes Monster Power will affect their drop chance quit a bit.

---------- Post added 2012-10-10 at 08:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Yeah, would be great to know as I would return for a sec to level up my wizard and get that Tal'rasha finally.
    No word on a date yet but guessing it will be somewhat soonish.

Deleted
    Yeah that's the problem when a patch promise that much improvement, that you feel like playing now is wasted time

Deleted
    Can anyone clarify something for me?

Is it true that after 1.05, all items, including level 58 can have the same stats as level 63 items now with the only difference being the armor?

Also, if the first one is true, does it also mean that lower level legendary items will then be good and wont be complete garbage any more?

Are you thinking about the +%damage changes they made to weapons in 1.04? I've not heard anything like what you're talking about for other items in 1.05. Patch notes don't say anything like that either.

From 1.04-
    •All level 60- 62 damage affixes have had their Minimum and Maximum top-end damage values increased
    •Level 63 items will still roll the highest potential damage values in the game, but the damage difference between level 60-62 items and level 63 items just won’t be as dramatic as it was before
    They've said that items below ilevel 58 won't drop in Inferno. Maybe that's it?
    Last edited by Firecrest; 2012-10-11 at 11:12 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Are you thinking about the +%damage changes they made to weapons in 1.04? I've not heard anything like what you're talking about for other items in 1.05. Patch notes don't say anything like that either.

From 1.04-

They've said that items below ilevel 58 won't drop in Inferno. Maybe that's it?
    No, Im talking about this..

Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item's level)

No, Im talking about this..

Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item's level)
    Correct, in theory the only difference is armor and base weapon damage, everything else should be able to roll the same affixes based on monster level.

Deleted
    Can anyone clarify something for me?

Is it true that after 1.05, all items, including level 58 can have the same stats as level 63 items now with the only difference being the armor?

Also, if the first one is true, does it also mean that lower level legendary items will then be good and wont be complete garbage any more?
    If you enable Monster Power (1-10) then all monsters will be level 63 so any rare that drops in Inferno can be potentially awesome. Legendaries can roll level 63 affixes on their random properties and not their fixed ones. Now, if you disable MP (MP0) then you need to go to Act 4 to have the same results because if I'm not mistaken all monsters in Act 4 are 63 while in Act 3 there are some lvl62 monsters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroterror View Post
    If you enable Monster Power (1-10) then all monsters will be level 63 so any rare that drops in Inferno can be potentially awesome. Legendaries can roll level 63 affixes on their random properties and not their fixed ones. Now, if you disable MP (MP0) then you need to go to Act 4 to have the same results because if I'm not mistaken all monsters in Act 4 are 63 while in Act 3 there are some lvl62 monsters as well.
    Nope. Act 4 is useless. Monster level is determined entirely by act, (and soon, MP) act 3 and act 4 are exactly the same except that act 4 has harder monster types, and overall much less stuff to farm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Nope. Act 4 is useless. Monster level is determined entirely by act, (and soon, MP) act 3 and act 4 are exactly the same except that act 4 has harder monster types, and overall much less stuff to farm.
    What he said is correct, he's not saying Act 4 is good to farm, but that you would have to farm it and not act 3 if you wanted to simulate the effect of having MP active (making all monsters level 63) since act 3 has a mixture of 62 and 63 monsters and act 4 is just 63s.

In short if you don't want to have MP active but do want all your stuff to roll level 63 affixes, you would have to farm act 4. If you kept farming act 3, some of your stuff would have level 62 affixes still.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    What he said is correct, he's not saying Act 4 is good to farm, but that you would have to farm it and not act 3 if you wanted to simulate the effect of having MP active (making all monsters level 63) since act 3 has a mixture of 62 and 63 monsters and act 4 is just 63s.

In short if you don't want to have MP active but do want all your stuff to roll level 63 affixes, you would have to farm act 4. If you kept farming act 3, some of your stuff would have level 62 affixes still.
    The distinction becomes redundant though as MP1 is lower in difficulty than current A 3/4, basically if you can do A3 now there is no reason for you to not use MP1.

Deleted
    So basically MP1 will make all mobs 63 in all acts and every subsequent MP will only give 25 MF and GF, more exp as well as considerably increased difficulty?

No level 64 monsters with higher MP or anything like that? What I'm asking is if a rare or legendary that drops with MP1 is potentially just as good as one that drops with MP10?

Deleted
    What I'm asking is if a rare or legendary that drops with MP1 is potentially just as good as one that drops with MP10?
    That's what I understand it as, yes. The only benefit to increasing the MP beyond 1 is the stacking percentage increases you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    That's what I understand it as, yes. The only benefit to increasing the MP beyond 1 is the stacking percentage increases you mentioned.
    Exactly.

/10 char.