Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So an Elites boss is showing off and thinks he's awesome cos he managed to kill a lvl 5 Ali?? Typical F'n Horde.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So once again the Horde gets the hero.

You know what, killing Anduin is exactly what I'd expect Metzen to do. Up until now we've had 2 people who wanted peace. Jaina and Anduin. Jaina went nuts in the pre-event. The Horde also got Sunwalker Dezco.

Now they kill Anduin off so Dezco can be the hero that brings peace to the factions, yet again making this a horde-win expansion.

And people still say there is no favoritism.
    I should tell you right now what Findus707 said is only half the facts. Thrall did try to stop Jaina, but her rage and want for killing couldn't be stopped by him. It was infact Kalecgos that stopped Jaina from destroying orgrimmar in a massive tidal wave.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaelnas View Post
    The Horde dominated almost every single zone.
    Not really. The Horde has a "presence" in a lot more zones, but the only ones they come close to dominating are their own starting zones and... Hillsbrad, I suppose, which is part of the Forsaken leveling curve now.

Garrosh needs some wins to make him feel like a formidable villain. He's been utterly embarrassed in every novel he's appeared in, receiving asskickings from both Horde and Alliance.

And quilboar.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-10-12 at 12:17 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    They never said she was play a major role, he simply said she would play 'A role' in it. Theres a difference between major and just a role.
    Considering this is Sylvanas we're talking about, nothing she does is little.

A little expansion turns out to be her taking over 1/4 of the Eastern Kingdoms.

Azshara is clearly not showing up in the near future. Next expansion will hinge on if Sylvanas replaces Garrosh or not. If she does, next expansion is her going New Scourge Lich Queen on us (most likely considering Blizz hates the Alliance). If she doesn't, next expansion is Argus and Sargeras.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So once again the Horde gets the hero.

You know what, killing Anduin is exactly what I'd expect Metzen to do. Up until now we've had 2 people who wanted peace. Jaina and Anduin. Jaina went nuts in the pre-event. The Horde also got Sunwalker Dezco.

Now they kill Anduin off so Dezco can be the hero that brings peace to the factions, yet again making this a horde-win expansion.

And people still say there is no favoritism.

Why the hell does any Alliance play this game anymore? They should just remove the Alliance as a playable faction and get it over and done with

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Not really. The Horde has a "presence" in a lot more zones, but the only ones they come close to dominating are their own starting zones and... Hillsbrad, I suppose.
    Though dominated was a strong word, they've definitely scored victories across the board.
    Ashenvale was pretty much theirs in both novels and game.
    They annihilated a part of the Stonetalon Mountains, leaving it a pretty crappy place to claim.
    They completely annihilated Hillsbrad.
    They slew Galen Trollbane in Arathi.
    They destroyed Theramore.
    Plagued and sacked Gilneas, and there's no Alliance presence there.
    They're winning in the Blasted Lands.
    They won Andorhal, as expected.
    Silverpine is theirs and all the Dalaran magi in that zone are dead/defeated.
    They win the Barrens again, as per expected really.
    They detonate Pocket-Nukes in Alterac, effectively crippling a large part of the Alliance war effort.
    In the end, their ridiculous amount of WMDs pulled out their asses, and ridiculous military victories that defy logic essentially give them the thickest plot armour and make them indesctructible.

It also seems that any time the Alliance is ABOUT to get a victory, it's snatched away from them.
    The Alliance navy destroyed by a kraken that is mysteriously summoned.
    Orgrimmar is saved by Kalecgos, since he manages to calm Jaina down (that's pathetic enough in itself)
    Stonetalon was going well for the Alliance, until the Bomb.
    Same for the war effort in Alterac.
    Basically, Blizzard just love to kick the Alliance's ass.
    Last edited by Zhaelnas; 2012-10-12 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Not really. The Horde has a "presence" in a lot more zones, but the only ones they come close to dominating are their own starting zones and... Hillsbrad, I suppose.
    I'm not including 1-20 zones because of course they're faction-dominated. But here's a list of zones with clear Horde-lean or even outright Horde-ownership post-Cata.

Gilneas
    Hillsbrad
    WPL
    Arathi Highlands
    Ashenvale
    Stonetalon (the one zone I can't ever remember the name of)
    S. Barrens
    Dustwallow Marsh (post-Fall of Theramore)
    (You can in theory put Azshara here but it's a 10-20 zone)

Now here's a list of zones previously Horde-dominated that have slipped to Neutral status.

Swamp of Sorrows

So there's the disparity. The Horde has taken far more land then they have lost. Of course, Blizz did justify this by saying the Alliance previously had more zones than the Horde.

And also note this is not including the lore characters where Horde characters always become more powerful while maintaining their Horde ties. Alliance characters go neutral or die.

Deleted
    so, we hear two different endings. one where the prince lives, and one where he dies.

i bet people whine, and blizzard makes the prince live. i hate the kid, seems like a right douche on the twilight highlands intro quests. hope he does die.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:25 AM ----------

oh my, guess i was a bit late about the whining. i dont understand why people complain about it, its no fun having a story thats 1 for 1 victories.

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    So an Elites boss is showing off and thinks he's awesome cos he managed to kill a lvl 5 Ali?? Typical F'n Horde.

i bet he /spit on the corpse aswell! damn gankers!

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 01:25 AM ----------

oh my, guess i was a bit late about the whining. i dont understand why people complain about it, its no fun having a story thats 1 for 1 victories.
    It's far less fun playing a faction that gets stomped to death and smashed to bits against the other faction that has been made balls-to-the-wall overpowered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Appletini View Post
    SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

Okay so I have a friend whose cousin works at a startup in Irvine and he's best friends with a guy at Blizzard and this is where I heard this. Here's what happens.

So basically, Garrosh really does kill Anduin and we're all shocked on both factions. Vol'jin then contacts the player character and tells him that Garrosh is going too far by using the Sha. The hero and Vol'jin then go to see Wrathion and Wrathion says that he knew this would happen, which is why he came to Pandaria in the first place. Wrathion will reveal that there needs to be a quick war between Horde and Alliance before a greater enemy (hint hint) reveals itself and utilizes the Horde as its tool. However, to fight said greater enemy, they need Anduin alive because he's going to be very important in that fight.

Here's where it gets interesting. So Wrathion, with the help of Velen, finds out that there is an artifact in Outland that can be used to travel through time called the Eye of the Storm. Wrathion and Velen send the hero to Outland to retrieve the artifact and bring it back. After doing so, Vol'jin, Wrathion and Velen meet with the hero and explain that there is a plan. Someone from the Shado-pan (not sure who) is called out and reveals that they know the secret of animating stone from the Mogu, but that it's imperfect and the animated statue is lifeless. Still, they have been busy making a stone statue of Anduin. (The player is sent on numerous quests to retrieve other artifacts to animate the stone Anduin, etc.)

Finally, the statue Anduin is read and the Eye of the Storm is in hand. Wrathion uses the Eye of the Storm to open a portal that sends the player to just moments before Anduin's death. Upon arrival, time is frozen. The player quickly animates the stone Anduin and REPLACES the real Anduin with the animated stone copy. Then the hero steps back through the portal to the present time and the scene of Garrosh killing Anduin completes, but this time it's the animated stone Anduin!

Upon returning to the present, Wrathion, Velen and Vol'jin explain to Anduin what is going on and that he must be in hiding. Anduin is then taken by the Shado-pan guy (sorry, no idea who it is yet) and hidden. He will be "trained" during his absence to prepare him for the coming battle.

So basically it's all a setup by Wrathion with the help of Velen and Vol'jin and the Shado-pan to cover it up. It's supposed to end with finally eliminating the greatest of the Sha, who will in the end be contaminating Garrosh's body (and which we will kill at the end of the expack).

Sounds pretty cool!
    Ho-lee-shit.

Im sure i read somewhere about Eye of the Storm being involved, so this may sound legit. (Oh yeah, its on mmo champ XD)

If so, this is this single most greatest thing Blizzard have ever pulled off.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Another horde expansion, who would've guessed...

yes, because alliance players dont get to take part in this... i am sure blizzard will just give us a ball in stormwind or something to play with while the horde do some stuff...

its not a horde expac just because it involves a horde character, blizzard have to try and move the story on, its rather do it in books and hope people read them and screw everyone who doesnt read the books, or an event in game. tbh, we get to kill Garrosh at the end of MoP, so that sounds more like a bonus to the alliance.

15+ Year Old Account
    ...well, this is completely unexpected. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    yes, because alliance players dont get to take part in this... i am sure blizzard will just give us a ball in stormwind or something to play with while the horde do some stuff...

its not a horde expac just because it involves a horde character, blizzard have to try and move the story on, its rather do it in books and hope people read them and screw everyone who doesnt read the books, or an event in game. tbh, we get to kill Garrosh at the end of MoP, so that sounds more like a bonus to the alliance.
    It's a Horde expansion due to their sheer domination.
    And if anything, Garrosh's death isn't actually BAD for the Horde. It's a GOOD thing.
    It's like the assassination of Hitler.
    Killing a corrupt dictator that was leading his country and people into a path that likely would have led them all to starve and die while trying to conquer places.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand some of the whiny players that insist that the game is entirely Horde-biased as if this were a bad thing (it's the entire basis for the war).

It's like they have no understanding of the history of this franchise, which was based on the Orcs invading Azeroth and destroying one of the largest Human nations. The Horde has always been attacking and dominating while the Alliance has almost always exclusively defended. Therefore, when the Alliance wins, they gain nothing because they defended, and on the occasions where the Horde wins, they gain new territory because they were attacking. Do you really think the Night Elves and the Draenei would support huge offensive conquests into Horde territory? It's like these people don't understand anything they're talking about.

Anyway, more on topic, I don't think this is the death of Prince Anduin (at least, I hope not). The lore implications that would have would be utterly mind-blowing. If he doesn't "have a setback", then I will be quite surprised.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhaelnas View Post
    It's a Horde expansion due to their sheer domination.
    And if anything, Garrosh's death isn't actually BAD for the Horde. It's a GOOD thing.
    It's like the assassination of Hitler.
    Killing a corrupt dictator that was leading his country and people into a path that likely would have led them all to starve and die while trying to conquer places.
    Considering the Horde will basically be in shambles after Garrosh's defeat, it is safe to say the Alliance is far better off. They will have not only killed the warmongering leader of the faction that was trying to kill them, but also would have dealt a massive blow to the Horde's forces when they sieged Orgimmar.

At the end of MoP, the Horde will be recovering from their losses, while the Alliance will better than ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    I don't understand some of the whiny players that insist that the game is entirely Horde-biased as if this were a bad thing (it's the entire basis for the war).

It's like they have no understanding of the history of this franchise, which was based on the Orcs invading Azeroth and destroying one of the largest Human nations. The Horde has always been attacking and dominating while the Alliance has almost always exclusively defended. Therefore, when the Alliance wins, they gain nothing because they defended, and on the occasions where the Horde wins, they gain new territory because they were attacking. Do you really think the Night Elves and the Draenei would support huge offensive conquests into Horde territory? It's like these people don't understand anything they're talking about.

Anyway, more on topic, I don't think this is the death of Prince Anduin (at least, I hope not). The lore implications that would have would be utterly mind-blowing. If he doesn't "have a setback", then I will be quite surprised.
    thanks, i wanted to say something like that.

i play alliance mostly and it really annoys me everytime blizzard do anything with the story people start whining "qq blizzard hates alliance" "this expac is horde focused qqq" the horde took territories because Garrosh is a warmonger and wanted to claim new lands for the horde, alliance were not so bent on taking over the world, they just wanted to destroy orgrimmar and kill the orcs.

it would be a very boring story if they tried to keep it even, everytime one wins something they have to lose something else. just no.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    garrosh's gorehowl cleave was merely a setback!

Deleted
    i hope anduin dying isnt some lame setback, i hope he actually dies. i want a cinematic where we see Garrosh cleave him in two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesk View Post
    Ho-lee-shit.

Im sure i read somewhere about Eye of the Storm being involved, so this may sound legit. (Oh yeah, its on mmo champ XD)

If so, this is this single most greatest thing Blizzard have ever pulled off.
    Reeks of bad writing. There are better ways to start a war than to kill more characters.

Not to mention how Blizz said just this week Wrathion's tactics would not jive with ours.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Considering the Horde will basically be in shambles after Garrosh's defeat, it is safe to say the Alliance is far better off. They will have not only killed the warmongering leader of the faction that was trying to kill them, but also would have dealt a massive blow to the Horde's forces when they sieged Orgimmar.

At the end of MoP, the Horde will be recovering from their losses, while the Alliance will better than ever.
    This is pretty much incorrect.
    The Horde will rally under a leader that they can trust, such as Vol'jin.
    The Alliance will not MAGICALLY recover from all the beatings it's taken. It's something akin to France after WW2. They got absolutely kicked in the ass and they'll need lots of time to get back on their feet.
    The Horde on the other hand, will STILL own their Cataclysm zones, and all the extra resources and supplies that come with it, WITHOUT the need to use those supplies in war, and will recover faster.