Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    But the High Elves are an intrinsic part of the Alliance since forever! How they do, I not care, but the Alliance needs the High Elves in its ranks, they should actually be playable from vanilla WoW
    That's all fine and dandy, but let's leave them as ancillary lore characters in the background where they belong. We simply don't need more playable elf variations in the game. I for one would be pissed as hell if Blizzard blew their "New playable race" load for the Alliance on High elves. It's just too damn similar to what's in game already & they just don't have a unique niche to slot into.

I'd much rather have as a playable drakonids as an Alliance race, or saurok, or even a group of naga looking to be redeemed and take vengence on Azshara/N'Zoth. Consequently, all would be very much unique as there aren't any playable reptilian races in the game and all would lend a bit of badassedness to the Alliance, which it sorely needs, even after the Worgen.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    That's all fine and dandy, but let's leave them as ancillary lore characters in the background where they belong. We simply don't need more playable elf variations in the game. I for one would be pissed as hell if Blizzard blew their "New playable race" load for the Alliance on High elves. It's just too damn similar to what's in game already & they just don't have a unique niche to slot into.

I'd much rather have as a playable drakonids as an Alliance race, or saurok, or even a group of naga looking to be redeemed and take vengence on Azshara/N'Zoth. Consequently, all would be very much unique as there aren't any playable reptilian races in the game and all would lend a bit of badassedness to the Alliance, which it sorely needs, even after the Worgen.
    Yes, I agree with you, in fact I was always in favor that the neutral races not come into existence, to give more variety to the game. I support the proposal from the beginning of the Pandaren for the Alliance and Saurok/Asaathi for the Horde (see here).

But now that the neutral races are a fact in WoW, the next logical step is to make a neutral race of Elves, where we can choose whether being Sin'dorei or Quel'dorei ... if only that ...

I watched the whole video and do you remember the part where they ask if anything is happening with Illidan, and Kosak goes, "Well not in 5.0" ...

TAKE A LOOK AT THE FRONTPAGE BABY, BLACK TEMPLE SCENARIO .. CHEYA! Get ready for ILLIDAN!! PUMPED!

Nothings confirmed But C'MON ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I agree with you, in fact I was always in favor that the neutral races not come into existence, to give more variety to the game. I support the proposal from the beginning of the Pandaren for the Alliance and Saurok/Asaathi for the Horde (see here).

But now that the neutral races are a fact in WoW, the next logical step is to make a neutral race of Elves, where we can choose whether being Sin'dorei or Quel'dorei ... if only that ...
    You had me up until the underlined part.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Quote Originally Posted by Callei View Post
    To be fair, he only attacked Daelin's men, and Theramore has always been quick to distance itself from Kul Tiras after being invaded, occupied, and having its military forced into service under Daelin's command. That mission will actually fail you if you kill too many Theramore troops.
    Rexxar fought against Alliance in the First and Second War. But to be fair, many heroes turned neutral since that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's it! I have it! This is the solution to satisfy both sides:

Make a neutral race of Elves, split between the High Elves for the Alliance and the Blood Elves for the Horde.

Give a new race to the Horde in compensation for the loss of exclusivity of the Elves: the Ogres

And at expansion of Azshara new neutral race: the Naga, as following...

The queen Azshara from her underwater empire prepares her final revenge against Azeroth with the help of the Burning Legion, but what she is not expected is that her most faithful lieutenants, the Count XXX and the Countess YYY, are the instigators and leaders of a group each day most numerous of insurgent Nagas, who are repentant for all the atrocities they committed under the leadership of Azshara since 10000 years ago, and are seeking redemption, which after their rebellion against Azshara they will find it with the Alliance and the Horde. The Horde with their new naga allies led by the Count XXX and the Alliance with their naga allies led by Countess YYY are preparing to end the tyranny of Queen Azshara and incidentally delay the return of the Burning Legion to Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Rexxar for Warchief!!!!
    I won't be too surprised if Rexxar becomes the new Warchief! He is already a Champion of the Horde.

Deleted
    I think the Naga would make a pretty cool alliance race, perhaps a sect that's split off from Azshara for whatever reason. The alliance currently doesn't have a forsaken like race where they're more tenuous allies. They have a lot of differences across the board but they're all pretty tight. So I think that a new race with it's own agenda working for the alliance is what we need next.

Maybe the blood elves are who deserve a reconnection, to give them a brand new story and new models ingame more "demonic", after all, the demonic magic is inextricably linked to each of its cells.

And with the re-ignition of the Sunwell with holy magic, the consequences of mixing the two sources of polarized magic in their bodies can be disastrous: a new race emerges. The High Elves kept pure and uncontaminated will be the only ones who can keep their ancestral heritage.

But the High Elves are an intrinsic part of the Alliance since forever! How they do, I not care, but the Alliance needs the High Elves in its ranks, they should actually be playable from vanilla WoW ...
    You do know the blood elves are acting accordingly to their heritage, the high elves are the ones who don't. The Highborne have always been about power and the pursue of magic at all costs,just look at the Shen'dralar they siphoned demonic energy for 10.000 years to keep their immortality and started sacrificing their own. The blood elves are only slightly tainted otherwise they wouldn't be able to use the light at all like Nobundo for example.

You shouldn't forget

Even so, the prince's relatively quick acceptance of dire measures (e.g., draining magic from demons) is by no means characteristic of blood elves in general. The blood elves of Outland have by now discovered Kael'thas' agreement with Illidan, and they have for the most part become convinced of its necessity. Most blood elves still live on Azeroth, though. Few of these elves know of Kael'thas' pact with Illidan, and many would be horrified if they discovered it. Draining magic from small mana-bearing vermin is a far cry from draining magic from demons.

The High elves could become the next playable Alliance race, but they shouldn't get a unique model, since they are exactly like blood elvews safe the eye color, hell there might even be fel tainted high elves, since it was previously stated by blizzard that all elves in Quel Thalas became tainted, so High elves who remained to long or were exposed to many demons during the third war will have green eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The high evles would never be alliance race, or at least not the next one (maybe one after)
    At least time pass more so they evolve more different than blood elves, until now lore-wise high elves look exactly like blood elves except for eye glowing, it won't make sense they suddenly change
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

What point throughout the video do they talk about the Old Gods?

And also here is an interesting thing I found concerning the Old Gods vs Titan deal:

"Krasus speculated that should the Old Gods open the gates of their prison even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death" -Wowpedia
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmazingFeedz View Post
    What point throughout the video do they talk about the Old Gods?

And also here is an interesting thing I found concerning the Old Gods vs Titan deal:

"Krasus speculated that should the Old Gods open the gates of their prison even Sargeras would find himself pleading for the peace of death" -Wowpedia
    Problem is, with this new lore it has been stated that several old gods died against the Titans meaning they are clearly superior.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Problem is, with this new lore it has been stated that several old gods died against the Titans meaning they are clearly superior.
    Source?(Was that mentioned in the video posted by the OP? If so what time during the video was it stated?).

Yeah, the Titans defeated several, but how do you know the Old Gods didn't kill dozens in return?
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

There is no different race, no race or subrace. "Blood Elves" is a name. As a rallying cry to his people, their sovereign offered "Sin'dorei" as the new name for their people in honor of what they had been through -- children of the blood. Those that followed their (in point of fact, rightful) ruler Kael'thas embraced it and it led down a dark path and then out the other side, reforged and redeemed. Those that didn't like him or follow him, for whatever reason, expatriated, they left. They didn't become Quel'thalas in exile, they just left.

In fact, in most fantasy worlds there are many elven races, and in the Warcraft universe currently we only have three: the high elves, who are the characteristic formal and honorable allies of humans, the night elves, who are the characteristic independent dark elves, and the blood elves, the characteristic libertines and arrogant elves.
    Short for you.

High borne --->> Naga Half Elfs. Fel-Elf(Fel corrupted blood elves, see sunwell.)
    ^ ^ ^
    Dark troll -> Night elf --->>> High Elf ---->> Cooco elfs > Blood elf --->

but aye aye

I've always been a fan of the Naga and really want them to become playable one day.
    This video was made years ago but still represents the Naga as possible playable race,even with their old models they look pretty decent.With some more work from Blizzard they can be an excellent candidate for the next expansion .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTlI-Ec73sM
    Who likes it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Gotta love these retcons. Lore has (or rather, had) it that the Old Gods had spread their tentacles so deep into Azeroth that to kill one, never mind all of them, would eventually result in the destruction of parts or the entirety of the planet. Seems they only wanted one immortal enemy around (Sylvanas), rather than several.

Naga -
    Overcoming Lore issues - There were probably a LOT of Kaldorei Resistance that were dragged under the sea with the Highborne and could have been mutated too.
    Overcoming Phyical issues (legs, boots, mounts) - I guess have a less mutated version of them for playable (not quite as different as Draenie ended up from broken though) that have legs and a tail for swimming and a running wild eqiovalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Gotta love these retcons. Lore has (or rather, had) it that the Old Gods had spread their tentacles so deep into Azeroth that to kill one, never mind all of them, would eventually result in the destruction of parts or the entirety of the planet. Seems they only wanted one immortal enemy around (Sylvanas), rather than several.
    As the Sha-Infested pandaria is the resting place for one deceased one, all the Sha issues could well be a result of its death, maybe even its ghost. Who knows if killing more really would cause even more problems.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    As the Sha-Infested pandaria is the resting place for one deceased one, all the Sha issues could well be a result of its death, maybe even its ghost. Who knows if killing more really would cause even more problems.
    I don't believe the Sha are anything Old-God related; simply the manifestations of the Last Emperor's negative emotions thanks to the mask given to him by the Monkey King around 10,000 years ago or so.

Edit: Misread. Where is the evidence for an Old God death upon Pandaria though?
    Last edited by Austilias; 2012-10-12 at 01:07 AM.

Honestly, I wish they'd just bloody decide on how the old gods are supposed to work or at least stop giving us information before they actually settle on what theory they're going with. How many contradictory statements have we had about the old gods by this point?

The ones I can think of:
    Number: There's three, there's five, there's five major and several lesser, they are as countless as the stars
    Location: Found only on Azeroth, found throughout the universe
    Danger: The old gods sealed beneath Azeroth would threaten the very universe if they broke free and only the united might of the titans was able to seal them away, there's old gods throughout the universe that are constantly getting killed by the titans
    Killability: They can be killed but it would destroy Azeroth, they can be killed without destroying azeroth but their spirit would live on, they can be killed and many have been
    Worshippers: The old gods are virtually unknown to all but a few dark cults, the old gods have many minions but most have been sealed away (admittedly, these first two can work together), the old gods have servants on every corner of the planet
    Last edited by ijffdrie; 2012-10-12 at 01:27 AM.
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!