Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Shado-Pan dailies are horribly designed.

To those who haven't gotten revered with Golden Lotus yet, prepare for some horribly designed dailies.

While I can't speak for all the different "sets" of dailies, the one involving Sra'vess (one of the islands in Townlong) are atrocious. The mobs are all in packs and are everywhere. The NPCs that you can get to help you are horrible and end up pulling more mobs than actually helping. The "stealth" effect doesn't even work half the time, which results in many more mobs being pulled. If you end up pulling too many mobs and don't have some type of vanish/FD ability, you're screwed, as it is pretty much impossible to "run" away from the mobs, unless you jump off the island into the water.

The actual quest design is horrible too. One of the dailies involves smoke bombing certain targets, and the quest tracker is bugged and doesn't even display the buildings locations. They all look pretty much exactly the same too, so you have to fly around the island looking for any building with a "hunter's mark" type icon in the entrance. Another of the quests involves killing Elite mantid. The Elite mantid pretty much always are on a pat and have allies that pat with them. Since the mobs are so close, pray to the Titans that your NPC doesn't pull more fucking mobs.

It is probably the first time I have stopped while in the middle of doing dailies. They are incredibly frustrating, and I have pretty much decided to wait till I complete all the other factions.

i was so looking forward to doing those dailies because shado pan are really cool but now...i hope they fix this.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know you wont be glad by this, but as a Hunter I had no problem with them. Also since it was my first time on that set I did it without a companion also for the Achievement. I even did the achie to not kill more Mantids than required for the quests.

Did all the ShadoPan dailies today with no companion. Had no problems.

Smart pulling, choosing your targets wisely, and smart use of abilities is needed. These aint your daddy's dailys anymore, kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    I know you wont be glad by this, but as a Hunter I had no problem with them. Also since it was my first time on that set I did it without a companion also for the Achievement. I even did the achie to not kill more Mantids than required for the quests.
    Maybe I should try it without a NPC. I'm not sure why Blizzard thought that giving an NPC to help you when the mobs are all right beside each other was a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chadiu View Post
    Maybe I should try it without a NPC. I'm not sure why Blizzard thought that giving an NPC to help you when the mobs are all right beside each other was a good idea.

They didnt seem to be all bunched up to me. I pulled about 9 of the mogu as an MM hunter and had no problem taking them down. It is annoying that the companion is in the way a lot of the time and is mounted when you are not. Also I dont think Im getting credit for the companion achievement because I have the "no champion" debuff when I have one right next to me. Maybe Im using the wrong npcs. Otherwise the dailies are just like all the others - kill x of this, collect x of this.

The quest where you swing from cloud serpent to cloud serpent is pretty fun IMO.

Use some class ability to CC the adds? The NPC does quite decent DPS to help out with the killing.

And for the smoke bomb qyest, you will get familiar with the buildings when you do the dailies a few more times lol

Oh, okay. That's nice.

As a mage, these are very easy, and I used the rogue companion. Just have to position yourself wisely and pull well. I got the achieve to kill the exact amount of required mobs the first time I did it... not difficult if you actually try.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    They didnt seem to be all bunched up to me. I pulled about 9 of the mogu as an MM hunter and had no problem taking them down. It is annoying that the companion is in the way a lot of the time and is mounted when you are not. Also I dont think Im getting credit for the companion achievement because I have the "no champion" debuff when I have one right next to me. Maybe Im using the wrong npcs. Otherwise the dailies are just like all the others - kill x of this, collect x of this.

The quest where you swing from cloud serpent to cloud serpent is pretty fun IMO.
    Eh, like I said, I can't speak for them all. Both days they have been available I have only done the Mantid ones.

The only good Dailies are the one against the Cloud Riders on the North western island - fasted to clear, most reputation.

The others award 3 digit reputation, and take way longer to clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it probably depends on which companion you have. All I have to say is that the Protector guy is a total dick. He'll pull anything and everything, even neutral mobs.

I had no problems doing them, but I agree they are very horribly designed. As mentioned the mobs are very tightly packed and even on my very low population server when I am doing them pretty much alone in the morning the re spawn rate on the mobs is extremely fast. Its a shame because the other island is actually pretty good.

Deleted
    actually for the first time in MoP I had to ask for help in my guild with killing that elite mantids. Quite hard on holy pala with just 1 aoe damage skill on 1 min cd, with mob thta constantly fears you and you end up fighting like 5+ mobs alongside that hard hitting elite.

Deleted
    What I would like to know is how does Blizzard expect a melee class to be able to get the achivments to compleate these quests without takeing any damage whatsoever (that includes basic melee damage from mobs). As a melee you HAVE to be in melee range of the mobs inorder to kill them (and therefore, get melee'd back), and you have to kill them to compleate the quest......

Welcome to the World of Rangecraft achivments? :s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukai View Post
    What I would like to know is how does Blizzard expect a melee class to be able to get the achivments to compleate these quests without takeing any damage whatsoever (that includes basic melee damage from mobs). As a melee you HAVE to be in melee range of the mobs inorder to kill them (and therefore, get melee'd back), and you have to kill them to compleate the quest......

Welcome to the World of Rangecraft achivments? :s
    You have to use the tank companion for that, or have really good kiting skills. Also, avoid the earthtalker because of their Earthquake ability.

I haven't checked, but it might also be doable if you have a party member do all the work while you stay out of combat on a flying mount getting quest credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually preferred them to Klaxxi dailies, funnily enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Personally I like the ones where the quest bubble is at one place on the map but the actual blue quest area is nowhere near it.

Just did them with an NPC, she was awesome, gave me a 15% dmg on target buff and the quests were quick and painless.

I've been working on loner and a rebel, and it's been pretty fun so far. The dailies are fairly challenging, it's been a nice change of pace from doing wave after wave of mindless golden lotus dailies.